LIVE from the Coral - 18 Days Vancouver to Ft. Lauderdale 9/21/09

Pia1913

Hey everyone.....I just typed a whole soliloquy and then it all disappeared. Therefore I will try again and do this in sections.

=========================================

What a difference a day makes. Yesterday the temps barely made it out of the 40's. Today we couldn't shed our outerwear fast enough, since I think it's in the 70's.

Going to post now to test the waters.

We left the ship early this morning and made good use of the HOHO trolleys. There are 2 routes and we did both. We went to Stanley Park to see the totems, then to Prospect Pt. to take fantastic photos. On to Granville Island and the market and some cute shops and proceeded to Chinatown where we had a wonderful lunch. We ended at Gastown for more meandering and shopping. A great day.

Getting back on the ship could have been a fiasco if not for a lovely port employee who interceded in our behalf. Our instructions were to show our intransit cards and proceed to a certain area. One security guy decided to flex muscle and wanted us to go to the back of a line where hundreds were being processed to board both the Coral and the Star. Checkin for both ships is in the same place. I found the right person and we were back on board in less than 10 minutes. Canada Place is a zoo. There should be a better way to do embarkation without mingling 2 ships together.

It is so nice to be back "home." Neither Donna nor I had to change cabins and of course we don't have to do the muster again either.

Sounds like ya'll had a great time in Vancouver. Your "embarkation" was a wee bit like what happened to all of us in Santiago except you didn't have to stay in that long line.

Are ya'll getting internet packagess for both Vancouver to LA and LA to For Lauderdale?

Trying again.

Re: internet. They are giving us two separate allowances (Plat. and Elite). We get $75 for the 3 day and another $100 for the 15 day. If they keep throwing me off line then I will really need those extra minutes.

Assuming that most of you are continuing on with us from the first LIVE, I will just proceed as if we were all together from the beginning. Everyone else....just ask. Either Donna or I will be happy to respond.

OK. Time for dinner now. One last thing. Thank you Vancouver for having so many Starbucks venues. :D

$

Pia

i am so glad you loved Vancouver. i had so much fun there that i will spend several days thee next July. loved my lunch in Chinatown. i am looking forward to reading the next 15 plus days of all the stories of the ports and ship.

i wonder if the age range is younger now or about the same.

Pia

i am so glad you loved Vancouver. i had so much fun there that i will spend several days thee next July. loved my lunch in Chinatown. i am looking forward to reading the next 15 plus days of all the stories of the ports and ship.

i wonder if the age range is younger now or about the same.

Age wasn't old in Alaska either, but I do think there are younger people on now. What is here now that wasn't on Alaska cruise are kids. I've seen little ones; twos/threes/fours. Just a few, but definitely pre school.

Happy to hear your weather is warming up. How's the sniffles, did they finally pass?

We have all "desniffleized." (don't look it up :D). However, my ears, which popped when we were up a few thousand feet in Skagway, are still unpopped. I have that problem and they will just have to unpop when they are ready.

Hi Pia: Now that you have been on the Coral a few days how do you like her. I have always enjoyed that ship; in fact I have been on her 6 times and think she is the best in the fleet. I was just wondering how you feel about her.

Marilyn

We are boarding in LA on Sept 24th for the 15 day part of this FAB cruise, can you tell if the ship is 1/2 full or what is it like with the boarding on the 21st?

Just wondering what it will be like at the San Pedro pier. Guess if the ship is semi full now, you have less time waiting for dining and all the other fun stuff. Have a drink for us! :D

The Fintas and the Dezsos

We are boarding in LA on Sept 24th for the 15 day part of this FAB cruise, can you tell if the ship is 1/2 full or what is it like with the boarding on the 21st?

Just wondering what it will be like at the San Pedro pier. Guess if the ship is semi full now, you have less time waiting for dining and all the other fun stuff. Have a drink for us! :D

The Fintas and the Dezsos

This VAN-LA segment that Pia and Donna are on is usually booked as a pacific coastal and is very popular with passengers from BC, Canada and west coast US passengers as it involves only one way airfare for most. Unless this is the exception, I would think that this cruise is filled to capacity. I would not if I were you expect light traffic at the port when you embark on the 24th.

Archived