"Cougar" cruise?!?!?!

dandro

I know somewhere out there..there is a woman reading this..in her leopard skin cocktail dress taking a sip of her dirty Martini..raising her eyebrow in interest of this topic.. :D

Or in her sensible work shoes, eating Famous Amos cookies. We're in all shapes, sizes and classes, hon. ;)

Dang, if it was only on Celebrity Cruises...

Or in her sensible work shoes, eating Famous Amos cookies. We're in all shapes, sizes and classes, hon. ;)

Dang, if it was only on Celebrity Cruises...

You got it!!!!!

But what fun would cruise critic be if we didn't get to see some make value judgments on others. ;)

Some women will do anything when they are desperate. I can imagine the cat fights over any men that ended up on the cruise.

Why would you assume a "Cougar" is desperate.. really,, not all middle aged women are happy staying married to fat,balding, lousy lover, bor-assing turds they got "settled for" 15-20 years ago... and they don't "need " to stay with them either..

I should add, I am happily married,, but one of my good friends finally dumped her hideous excuse for a husband and is on the loose... LOL watch out young'ins... She is not the least bit "desperate".. she makes darn good money, has good friends and three lovely boys,, loving family to support her, and she still looks great. She is thin, and has not gone grey.. and she has not had plastic surgery, nor does she wear animal print spandex dresses.. LOL

Why would you assume a "Cougar" is desperate..

Here, here!!! As a "semi-reformed" cougar I can assure you that "desperate" was never an adjective ascribed to me. (I say semi-reformed because one of my younger men - 5 years younger - managed to capture and marry me this year! lol) I am currently 42, look 32, and have an energy level and exuberant personality men my age could rarely keep up with. I dated younger men because I like them and am still attractive - no other reason necessary! When I was on a cruise as a single 2 years ago, I met up with a bunch of hilarious middle-aged women who called themselves the "Cougar Club." They were having the time of their lives, hanging out in a cheerful group. They decided to induct me as a cougar "cub" and we had a fantastic time. Not one fight broke out over an available younger man. :p

To each his/her own. I bet this bunch would be a blast to cruise with...and there are plenty of young men who would jump at the chance to sail with them! Watch those stereotypes, people.

P.S. Here is a photo of me (age 41) in my only animal print dress...taken with Zach of the band, Shinedown, a year ago (and NO, he wasn't one of the younger guys I was dating - lol). I highly doubt the word "geezer" was running through his mind. hahahaha

debzachshinedown.jpg

Rawr..... :D

No different from a bunch of old geezer guys past their prime looking for sweet young things.

The SWT's hang out and attach to old geezers of the male persuasion for the same reason young guys hang out with the old gezeer-ettes.

Money.............and whatever else might be available below the belt buckle.

Fine with me.....

Live and let live. It IS humorous though, that older men chasing girls makes them creepy dirty old men. But older women chasing boys is quite fashionable, they even have that cute little name... Cougar.

I mean look at Television. A man accidentally taking a shot just below the belt line is apparently hilarious. But similar jokes are unacceptable about females.

Well, I better quit before I start sounding catty.

Where have you gone, Joe Dimaggio... a nation turns its lonely eyes to you...

GO for it ladies...

(take a look sometime at a great movie.. "Out to Sea".. Dyan Cannon was 61 or 62 when she made that movie.. would have been only too happy when I was 35 or 40 to have had that 60 yr old set her sights on me.. *S*)

Now at 61, I'm not so sure about 70 yr olds.. but hey.. I'm amenable to having my mind changed *L*

While he was writing at least partly in jest, Benjamin Franklin's essay:

"In Praise of Older Women" made a number of very good points in favor of a man's seeking the company of an older woman --- no one should criticize cougars, nor their male companions, without being able to refute Franklin's case. Both sexes are advised to read it - readily avaiable on the net.

While he was writing at least partly in jest, Benjamin Franklin's essay:

"In Praise of Older Women" made a number of very good points in favor of a man's seeking the company of an older woman --- no one should criticize cougars, nor their male companions, without being able to refute Franklin's case. Both sexes are advised to read it - readily avaiable on the net.

True, but was he not also the illustrious author of another, more...ethereal essay on one of the most, err, explosive topics about human nature--"F@rt Proudly"?

Just goes to show, no matter what he wrote, old Ben knew which way the wind was blowing when he described human nature.:eek:9

It's my unabahsed, biased, totally judgmental opinion :eek:

Would it make you feel better if I called them thirsty bloodhounds? LOL

Lighten up :) and have some fun.

Why would you assume a "Cougar" is desperate.. really,, not all middle aged women are happy staying married to fat,balding, lousy lover, bor-assing turds they got "settled for" 15-20 years ago... and they don't "need " to stay with them either..

I should add, I am happily married,, but one of my good friends finally dumped her hideous excuse for a husband and is on the loose... LOL watch out young'ins... She is not the least bit "desperate".. she makes darn good money, has good friends and three lovely boys,, loving family to support her, and she still looks great. She is thin, and has not gone grey.. and she has not had plastic surgery, nor does she wear animal print spandex dresses.. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the women we know who were divorced or widowed in their 50's or later have little, if any, interest in men let alone sex. They run around in "hen" packs and have no interest in dating. The "cougar" is the rare exception promoted by Hollywood. My theory is that this cruise will be filled by multitudes of young wanna be "studs". The amount of "cougars" will be miniscule. The young "studs" will have slim pickings and are doomed to disappointment. The few "cougars" will literary have their pick of the litter.

I think you are only as old as you feel. As a 40 year old, happily married Mom, it still makes me feel good when 20 something guys do a double take. It also made me feel good on my 40th birthday, to take my 16yo dd to a Metallica concert, fit it, and have a great time. Most people might take offense to be asked their age. I love it....atleast for now!

Most of the women we know who were divorced or widowed in their 50's or later have little, if any, interest in men let alone sex. They run around in "hen" packs and have no interest in dating. The "cougar" is the rare exception promoted by Hollywood. My theory is that this cruise will be filled by multitudes of young wanna be "studs". The amount of "cougars" will be miniscule. The young "studs" will have slim pickings and are doomed to disappointment. The few "cougars" will literary have their pick of the litter.

I'm not sure about that -- you might be overestimating the number of young men who are interested in actively seeking an older woman.

I've certainly known a number of men (including myself) who have dated women older than themselves, but in every case it was because they liked that specific woman, not because they were going after older women in general. Conversely, I know a *lot* of men who try to pick up younger women.

There's nothing wrong with a guy whose preference is cougar-hunting, so to speak, but I really think the number of such men who further are men that the women in question would *want* to date is low.

As long as everyone is adult, I don't see the problem. It's just narrowing the typical "singles" cruise down to a more particular preference. And whoever said there wouldn't be any men, I agree with James that it wouldn't be surprising if it sold out. As a single woman of 35, I can tell you that the younger men that are interested in older women are none too timid in their pursuit. I can think of several men I know in their 20's who would pay triple to go on a cruise like this. :p

And in my experience of being pursued by younger men, it has never been about money or anything like that. They're attracted to the maturity, intelligence, life experience and especially confidence, that they may not have found from the gals younger than them.

Okay, speech is done. HAPPY CRUISING!!!! :D

ps... James, I spent a week with a group from the Pride of America... (they were sailing on the Carnival Pride when your ship was being reflagged in 2008). If you know Dave Buck, tell him Tammy sends him smooches!

Archived