"Cougar" cruise?!?!?!

dandro

How funny! I am going on my first solo cruise soon. A male friend (80 yrs old) heard about it & keeps joking & calling it my "cougar cruise"! I am 41, married w/ 4 kids & don't plan on any of this but it's just funny that the term he's using has now been officially used by a cruise line.

And I don't mean the large feline variety.

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/cruises/item.aspx?type=blog&ak=68499038.blog

Sheesh.

What a surprise...on Carnival line. < sarcasm >

Right because things like the Bears cruises on RCI have been so much classier.:rolleyes:

I would guess the Cougarrrrs will have to submit a list of all their assets before they're allowed to buy tickets (and I mean fiscal assets, not physical).

Not for me but - oh, well - to each his/her own!

Well sure, why not. Isn't that kind of what we assume when 25-y/o hot women are with 75-y/o rich men? She's probably not in it because he's got a hot young body, but has a big old bank account. Good for goose, so good for gander.

OTOH, I hate that stupid ass term. I mean geez, we act as if a 40-y/o woman with a 34-y/o man is her somehow "robbing the cradle," but when a 60-y/o man is with a 35-y/o woman, it's considered "normal." Stupid, IMO. (Says the middle-aged chick who is, and has been for decades, happily married to a man slightly older than I am.);)

beachchick

This is kinda off topic but remember when Anna Nicole Smith was with that 90 something year old guy? Someone asked him if it bothered him when people said she was just with him for his money. His answer was great..he said something like "shes keeping me company and happy my last few years, so what if she has money on her eyes..im happy."

My MIL is 95 and still gets around (flying to California next feb from Florida). She lives with her daughter. She helps out at the retirement home near Cocoa Beach. There is a 80 year old man who keeps asking her for a date, she said yes after a few times and they went to dinner. I told my DW her mother is now a "cougar".

Hmmmm....... I can't imagine there would be a huge number of young men signing up for this cruise. So you'd end up on a ship filled with a bunch of older women looking for nonexistent younger men?

No different from a bunch of old geezer guys past their prime looking for sweet young things.

The SWT's hang out and attach to old geezers of the male persuasion for the same reason young guys hang out with the old gezeer-ettes.

Money.............and whatever else might be available below the belt buckle.

Fine with me.....

No different from a bunch of old geezer guys past their prime looking for sweet young things.

The SWT's hang out and attach to old geezers of the male persuasion for the same reason young guys hang out with the old gezeer-ettes.

Money.............and whatever else might be available below the belt buckle.

Fine with me.....

Cougars are not geezers. Women are considered cougars at 35+.

Shouldn't everyone has the right to seek one's own happiness? I hope everyone aboard that cruise has a great trip! A boarding pass doesn't gives anyone the right to dictate who else gets on. Of course we all have the right to not go.

However, I do feel that there should be more available information about large group bookings so that passengers can choose to avoid them if desired.

Happy Hunting!

A cougar is almost any woman who dates a younger man. I've been called a cougar b/c DH is 5 years younger than I am. I guess that makes my mom one too b/c she's older than dad. ;)

How will this be different from any other singles cruise? Has anybody who has ever sailed a "singles cruise" which comprises only a few passangers actually noticed their activities? I know before I got married or even met DH I looked at few . . . it simply said there would be "exclusive" before dinner mixers & if we were doing traditional dining they'd set up our tables. Othewise it seemed like just a regular cruise. I never actually booked so I don't know for sure.

Even if every bad rep thing about Carnival comes true, this isn't going to be that blonde character from SNL or Mad TV running around snapping a towel at the butts of young men in a speedo. So what's the big deal?

Archived