What is the average weight gain on a Cruise & how long to take it off?

cherylcorwin

usually only a couple of pounds because i can't stay still. there's always some where to go. i try to take the stairs on the ship unless i have heels on(that's a deal breaker) to get as much exercise as i can. it always come right off since i don't eat every twenty minutes at home!!!:p

I've never really gained weight on a cruise. My diet doesn't change much. Other than more variety in selections, the old eating habits don't vary much. A nice breakfast around 10-ish or so and dinner at the late seating, maybe some ice cream in the afternoon....that's about it. And, I don't drink much at all...rarely more than 2 a day.

I get a bloated feeling once in a while....probably from the different diet and more food than I'd eat at home. Like you, I'm a walker and do it every day on a cruise...early morning.

Can't take the stairs going up (old knees) but can come down OK, so will do that....and walking around ashore helps.

One of my traveling companions can put on 10 pounds by just looking at food. He has a very hearty appetite and eats like a starving man. At home, it's OK and he doesn't have a problem...but on a cruise or on vacation, he can pack it on.

I gained 8 pounds on a 6 night cruise. I ran for 30 minutes on the treadmill twice that week and always took the stairs, but i ate tons and tons of food and always had ice cream at lunch or dinner. After the cruise I ate what I normally would eat when not on a cruise and lost 4 pounds the first week I was back.

My boyfriend and I eat and drink whatever and as much as we want! (and that's a lot of eating and drinking!)

I gained 8 lbs on a 7 night cruise in February. Dropped 6 lbs within 2 weeks and still fighting with the last 2 lbs to leave me alone! I have almost 5 mos to diet to get in shape for the next one. Gotta get serious here!

This was from my cruise in April on the Valor and I ate everything in site. I even ran a couple of mornings or walked on the treadmill. I then lose the weight in about 2 weeks but this time around it took a little longer since I kept eating the wrong foods once I got home.

Then I went on another cruise at the end of July and the same cycle started again. Now I'm determined to get the weight off and hopefully I won't fall into the same routine once I get on the ship next May?

:eek:

My cruise weight gain has ranged from zero a decade ago to eight pounds on our cruise last year. For me, it seems it's all too easy to put the weight on, the older I get.

I lost 20 pounds over four months through diet and exercise after our last cruise. With a lot of self discipline, this time, I hope to return to zero weight gain. Goodbye room service. ;)

This is actually almost a contest for me. There usually is a scale in the exercise room and I weigh in on the first morning at sea and the morning of the last day. The number one activity for me on the cruise is eating, which I do all day. My standard on the last cruise at dinner was 2 shrimp cocktails and the chocolate dessert usually with ice cream, on top of whatever else I order (couple of entrees, appetizers, soup, maybe another dessert).

I am actually alittle bit taller and thinner than cruisetobeaches, so I can get away with this. It does get to a point where I sit down for a meal and I am not hungry, which slows down my consumption. Also as I get older, I cannot eat as much. Our last cruise on the Inspiration, which was only 5 days, I only gained 5 pounds.

Even with the 16 pound gain, only about 5 pounds were left after being home about a week. Once I go back to normal mode, the pounds do come off quickly.

Just thinking about this makes me miss the cruises!

Archived