Anyone close to retirement? / when do you start counting the days?

Look2Sea

Hey Norma, welcome to the thread!

Only 33 more hump days here, some of you regulars are getting really close now;)

Well I've got 19 hump days starting in early August(off for summer) so we might be retiring about the same time. I've got sick days not tallied in there so I will play it by ear.:cool:

Well I've got 19 hump days starting in early August(off for summer) so we might be retiring about the same time. I've got sick days not tallied in there so I will play it by ear.:cool:

My target date is next January 19, give or take a few days. Counting the calendar days (235) til then. I still have 15 days of annual left this year to get to the max balance allowed to carry, nearly 40 hours of unpaid furlough to take, and a huge sick leave balance. I'm pretty much maxed out on sick leave payout that will be available, so I seem to be having more days with a vision problem - that is, "can't see going to work today";):D

Edited by tahoemc

Caught up with all of the great posts! Congratulations to all that have retired or are retiring soon. We will all get there:)

I began the countdown clock on my phone when I saw this thread & only have 1207 days:D. I need to finish 20 years with my current employer to get medical after retirement. Also had 15 years in Banking prior to this job, but Banks are not great on retirement benefits:p. My DH will retire at the same time, but works for a non-profit so we will need to bridge insurance benefits until he reaches 65 and can do Medicare/supplemental.

Like most of you, looking forward to sleeping past 5:30am and traveling without asking permission:D. So many other fun things to do!

Norma

Yup, will just have to get the 'ol body/brain to quit waking up at that time.

Since your post, your down to 1,204 days - see how fast time flies;) If my Excel math works out correctly, looks like Sept 14, 2017???

My target date is next January 19, give or take a few days. Counting the calendar days (235) til then. I still have 15 days of annual left this year to get to the max balance allowed to carry, nearly 40 hours of unpaid furlough to take, and a huge sick leave balance. I'm pretty much maxed out on sick leave payout that will be available, so I seem to be having more days with a vision problem - that is, "can't see going to work today";):D

Mine is Jan. 27, but it depends on those vision problems also...lol:eek::D

Yup, will just have to get the 'ol body/brain to quit waking up at that time.

Since your post, your down to 1,204 days - see how fast time flies;) If my Excel math works out correctly, looks like Sept 14, 2017???

That is when I hit 20 years. After that it will be day by day:p:eek::D

Norma

Wonderful!!!

3 Hump Days Left!

8 now :D

Shuddup, both of yous!! Just kidding, hope you two are enjoying these last few weeks knowing you're almost there.

zlacruising, looks like you and I will have to hold down the fort until next January when its our turn:D

Shuddup, both of yous!! Just kidding, hope you two are enjoying these last few weeks knowing you're almost there.

zlacruising, looks like you and I will have to hold down the fort until next January when its our turn:D

Yes it does look like that!!!

:D:D:DBUT THOSE OLD RETIRED PEOPLE BETTER COME TELL US HELLO NOW AND THEN...LOL..... MAYBE THEY CAN CHEER

US ON!!!!

It was so fun today. Everyone was getting off the ship and sighing and saying "back to reality" and I could say "MY reality is less than three weeks to work! Yay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lovely :)

I'll be here longer than y'all:eek:D but am enjoying everyone getting to the release of the " golden handcuffs" !:)

Norma

Yes...this is a fun thread! Everyone happy for everyone else and now peeps in the UK know what hump day is!:D:D

I will keep on coming back on this thread and others. I booked another cruise this weekend because of RCI sale. So I have 5 booked from July 1 through March 31. Trying to do B2B's since I hate the packing and unpacking! It is nice to not be looking for the Spring Break schedule or the higher summer prices. Thanks for all of your good wishes.

I retired 3 years ago after teaching for 39 years. My retirement trip wasn't a cruise but a trip to Napa and San Francisco with my DD. It felt so strange to be leaving when the school year was just beginning! All of my colleagues thought I would be climbing the walls but I'm so relaxed and finding new interests. I did miss the kids, but now have the joy of being a grandmother. For those of you on your countdown, it is really wonderful! Enjoy!!:)