Anyone close to retirement? / when do you start counting the days?

Look2Sea

Let's see, 150 days to my Panama Canal cruise plus 30 days before I start clearing and taking transitional leave and preparing for the December cruise. Will retire at age 53 with 28 years of active commissioned service (mandatory retirement based on my rank). So, not actually counting days to retirement, just to my next two cruises! Actual retirement date will be 1 Feb 2014.

Let's see, 150 days to my Panama Canal cruise plus 30 days before I start clearing and taking transitional leave and preparing for the December cruise. Will retire at age 53 with 28 years of active commissioned service (mandatory retirement based on my rank). So, not actually counting days to retirement, just to my next two cruises! Actual retirement date will be 1 Feb 2014.

Congratulations!!! and Thank You for your Service!!! Enjoy.

Tom,

Samsung android phone. I've been seeing them on Facebook too.
He said to look in your phone settings. Find keyboard or add keyboard - look for a keyboard named emoji - add that. Failing that, see if android does an emoji emoticon app. Apparently, its built into Apple, so just clicked 'add keyboard' and then selected emoji from a list.

Hope that helps. Let us know ✌️

32 more hump days for me. 2 cruises booked after retirement. Feb 7-17, 2015 Royal Princess and Oct 25-Nov 1, 2015 Independence of the Seas. Booked OWNERS SUITE for Independence!

Edited by MamaTene

He said to look in your phone settings. Find keyboard or add keyboard - look for a keyboard named emoji - add that. Failing that, see if android does an emoji emoticon app. Apparently, its built into Apple, so just clicked 'add keyboard' and then selected emoji from a list.

Hope that helps. Let us know ✌️

Thank you. I'll check it out!

7 more hump days and just booked two trips for January and March 2015. Feels good!

I have about 17 hump days. Where is your cruise in March? We are going on NCL Pearl 10 day cruise out of Miama....retirement cruise!!!!

I realised that I could bring mine forward by saving my annual leave (vacation) until just before my official retirement date. So now my last working day will be 6th August. 12 hump days :D

Aren't you enjoying those hump days??? Makes retiring a bit more fun...lol!!