Anyone close to retirement? / when do you start counting the days?

Look2Sea

June 20 is my last work day too We are blessed that I have enough years of service at the college to get to continue our insurance at the same rate. We both turn 62 this summer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I can follow your "hump days" and know they are the same as mine:)

Wow I don't retire until December 1st, I am RN for VA Hospital and have 32 years, I have been thinking of this since last October!! I have pulled my money out of the market and put in safe fund per a financial advisor. My DH is only 58 and has 4 more years. When I retire I will be 63 and have 33 years 3days because of accumulated Sick leave. We are taking a cruise on March 15 2015 hope we can do alot of travel.

Sad thing is that so many times people retire where I work and seem to become very sick and terminal even!! Live every day and so happy for all of you going this summer.

Let me know what kinds of things I can expect!!....Pat

Thank you for your kind words zla. Sorry if I wasn't clear Maybe its a British - American divided by the same language thing LOL! Tell me what you didn't get and I'll try to clarify.

Well, it sounds like your retiring is sort of up in the air until the company decides what they will do. Are you hoping for a better retirement pension if you stay longer or might they give you extra money for retiring?? Either way, I hope it works out for the best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Well, it sounds like your retiring is sort of up in the air until the company decides what they will do. Are you hoping for a better retirement pension if you stay longer or might they give you extra money for retiring?? Either way, I hope it works out for the best.

yes, I'm hoping they might enhance my pension a bit if I go 'at their convenience' :O

Exciting update. Looked like there would be no pension enhancement, so I gave notice of my retirement today. My last working day will be 26th August :)

So happy for you!!!! YAY!!!

Congratulations to all of you that will retire this year!

I retired 12/2012...bought a new car.....and found a part-time job. I can work when I choose and that helps. My DH plans to retire in 3 years. We still have 2 children in college---with a lot of student loan debt--yikes! I am looking forward to my 2nd retirement----maybe in 3 years.

Soooooo....how many hump days left for you??? You really have to start this tradition in the UK before you retire!!:D:D
Do I count all Wednesdays, including those I'm on holiday and not at work?

Do I count all Wednesdays, including those I'm on holiday and not at work?

I only count hump days that I work. But whatever works you go for it. I've got a 2 month summer break coming up so definitely not counting those.:)

Is the cruise you are going on the Navigator still going out of Galveston?

Sailing out of Galveston in three weeks. Got our money back from the "oil spill" cruise this week!

Sailing out of Galveston in three weeks. Got our money back from the "oil spill" cruise this week!

I've been out of Galveston on the Navigator. Great ship-

!!! And love the shopping in downtown Galveston! I'm from Louisiana so we drive there.

I've been out of Galveston on the Navigator. Great ship-

!!! And love the shopping in downtown Galveston! I'm from Louisiana so we drive there.

We are from Arkansas so we drive too!