Bringing bottled water onboard

QTBabyNurse

The water on the ship is distilled so it is probably more pure than the water at home and the water in the plastic bottles. If you use any ice, it is made from the water on the ship. The bottled water is good for taking ashore when in foreign ports. I just bring a plastic sports bottle, fill it on the ship and take it ashore with me. Nice free water!

I always take seltzer on board because it is my purr-furred beverage. Princess will not care.

However, I agree that just plain bottled water would be a bit like carrying coals to Newcastle ...

I have a very finicky stomach and have been sick from drinking municipal water in some major U.S. cities, but ship's water is incredibly pure and has never bothered me. If you're planning to bring bottled because of purity concerns, I can safely second the recommendation to bring a sports bottle or two instead and fill them with ship's water for shore excursions.

Hope that's helpful,

HCBI

I have heard the ship's water has a high salt content, thus the reason for some people swelling on the ship. Is this not true with the Princess line?

No salt in the drinking water.

Can't say the same about some of the food.

... the way I feel about my seltzer (all about the taste not purity concerns) then bring on your bottled water - no reason not to - no weigh limit.

We usually stop at a store in port and stock up on seltzer - sometimes we put in in luggage or if we can find a case "check" the whole thing.

That way nobody gets "scratched." Cheers! HCBI

Archived