New Beverage Program is here!

ustal

I have just tried to purchase the soda cards for our Janunary cruise but it says no inventory for this cruise = they must still have the gremils in the system because this is the existing package or have I missed something important?

You can purchase the soda card once you get on board. I believe it's a standard fee of $5 per day + tip.

There's a new tab when I log in to my booking online. Nothing too exciting--a wine package with a limited selection, and a new water package. There's apparently no inventory available for my sailing (Summit 14/11). Anyone with a later sailing, is there inventory available for yours?

Water Package

Refresh your thirst from our selection of both still and sparkling water, including Evian®.

Fountain Soda Package

Enjoy Coca-Cola® products from your complimentary souvenir cup for the duration of your cruise.

Taste of the Vineyards Package

Experience Celebrity's superb wine collection throughout your cruise. Taste of the Vineyards offers a variety of international wines that will meet your tastes and preferences. spacer.gif

No inventory for 31st Jan. Constellation - must ask as you board the ship @front desk

• Administrators

Hi Folks!

I received the following information from the nice folks over at Celebrity:

The Beverage Online Reservations Schedule should help clear up when the program will roll out on specific ships.

In addition, they have asked me to post the following, which appears in its entirety in BLUE below:

Celebrity Cruises will be testing the operations of a pre-cruise beverage package program on Celebrity Millennium's October 26, November 6 and November 16, 2009, voyages. As of yesterday, guests on these sailings have the opportunity to purchase a limited selection of packages online, including bottled water, fountain soda and Taste of the Vineyards wine packages, before they cruise. Once testing is complete, Celebrity plans to roll out a complete pre-cruise beverage package program on the rest of its ships (except Celebrity Xpedition, the 92-guest mega-yacht sailing year-round in the Galapagos Islands) in the next several months. For dates, visit the link below.

On November 15, guests will be able to pre-purchase our full selection of beverage packages for all open sailings on Celebrity's other ships. Please visit www.celebritycruises.com/beveragepackages and click the link in the fourth paragraph for the complete list of packages and the rollout schedule (as seen above).

Please note that Celebrity will have descriptions for the complete list of packages on its website within the next few days.

Note that they will be sending me the descriptions for the complete list of packages, and I will post them here as well.

Laura

I ordered the 3 bottle Sommelier's Wine Package for our upcoming Nov. 6 Millennium cruise. According to my receipt from Celebrity, this is how it will work:

Please note: Wine Package purchases cannot be modified once a payment has been made. To change an order, youll need to cancel it first and then make your purchases again. Enjoy your wine package once onboard in our buffet restaurant by simply showing your SeaPass card with the corresponding Beverage Package icon. A list of available wines in your selected package will be available in all restaurant locations. Simply advise your sommelier which wine you would like to have with your meal. Wines can be selected daily and do not have to be chosen all at once. Wine Packages may not be consumed in bar areas or lounges.

It sounds simple enough.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the website -- prices in Euro. I did the math/conversion, and it seems that you have to drink 8 beers a day to hit the break even point. Can you just imagine the number of people who will attempting to get their money's worth?

Thanks for the website -- prices in Euro. I did the math/conversion, and it seems that you have to drink 8 beers a day to hit the break even point. Can you just imagine the number of people who will attempting to get their money's worth?

For prices in USD you have to change your country!

I found this webpage with bar prices:

http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruises/Cruise-Ship-Rooms-and-Features/Menus-and-Information/4467773_J9pi2#380496294_YBQmL

and I´m wondering if the prices are still the same or increased maybe a littel bit?

They also different (not much - for example soda by the glass 1.25 USD to 1.50 USD, beer starting at 4.50 USD and not at 5.00- USD, etc.) from the prices that Celebrity tells you on there webpage:

(http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000b4DxMe0rIXWB88cg6qm_ejx:12hdebdrn?faqSubjectName=Food+and+Beverage&faqId=503&pagename=faq_answers)

:confused:

Alcoholic beverage prices:

• Aperitifs: $5.50
  • Standard alcohol: $5.50 and up
  • Premium alcohol: $5.75 and up
  • Cocktails: $4.95 and up
  • Wine glass: $5.95 and up
  • Champagne glass: $6.95 and up
  • Domestic beer: $4.50
  • Imported beer: $4.50 and up

Non-Alcoholic Beverage prices:

• Soft drink (glass): $1.25
  • Soft drink (can): $1.95
  • Water: $2.50 and up
  • Drinks purchased in souvenir glass: $8.95

Thank you for your replies!!!

I am surprised the frozen drink package is much cheaper than the beer package. Also when comparing costs you need to keep in mind this includes the 15% tips.

I think the 15% tip is tacked onto the price, at least that's what it was like when my wife purchased the soda package.

We are over the moon with the liquor stateroom set ups - now they are including Courvosier Brandy (we only drink brandy)! Previously you could not buy a bottle of brandy on board - even though they would sell it by the glass in any bar - they would not sell a bottle for your stateroom under any circumstances (well, they would, but would charge you per shot for the whole bottle). :eek:

At least now we can have a drink of our choice in our cabin without resorting to smugging a bottle onboard - presuming we are able to book this for our Xmas cruise on Constellation!

Well done Celebrity - about time too!!!:D

I'm not surprised that the beer and liquor are so expensive ($34.50 and $51.50/$76.00). What's surprising is that frozen drinks are $22 per day, tip included. From what I saw, it looks like that's only marginally more than the cost of two frozen drinks per day. I'm certainly not opposed to drinking raspberry margaritas for my entire cruise. For that kind of price, I'd happily pay $22 per day and carry some extra singles to tip for a nice float. :D Still though, I think I'd miss the martini's!

I found a little more information about the beverage packages on Celebrity's website this morning. It doesn't give prices yet, but that will be out for us to purchase starting next Sunday.

Liquor Package:

Whether you choose the Classic or Premium Liquor Package, you can take advantage of an unlimited variety of the selection of spirits available onboard Celebrity, per person. Whether in a bar, lounge, or any of our restaurants, simply show your SeaPass Card to indicate your participation.

Once you have confirmed your purchase online, the order cannot be modified. You may, however,

Premium package:

Our Premium package offers a distinctive collection of premium spirits such as Knob Creek®, Remy Martin VSOP®, and Patron Silver®, to name a few. Participants in the Premium Liquor Package may select spirits from the Classic Liquor Package offering, as well

Classic Package:

Choose your favorite libation from our wide array of Classic brands, including Dewar's White Label®, Jack Daniel’s®, and Absolut®. Available at all bars, lounges and any of our restaurants.

Frozen Drinks Package:

With a Frozen Drinks Package, cool off with an unlimited variety of your favorite frozen alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. When you reserve this package, an icon will be placed on your SeaPass Card indicating your participation.

From Strawberry, Piña Colada, Banana and Raspberry, to Mango, Peach, Passion Fruit and Margarita, enjoy an unlimited variety of frozen and blended drinks, available at all bars throughout the ship.

Beer Package:

Enjoy a cold beer throughout the duration of your cruise when you purchase a Beer Package. Simply show your icon on your SeaPass Card, and sit back and enjoy your choice of domestic and imported beers. This package provides the ultimate in value and convenience.

Once you have confirmed your purchase online, the order cannot be modified. You may, however, cancel the order and then make your purchase(s) again.

Enjoy an unlimited variety of your choice from our selection of domestic and imported brews. This includes Corona®, Heineken®, Budweiser® and other favorites.

Has anyone tried to actually order a package yet?

Since the packages are priced "per night", I'm wondering if that means you have to commit for the entire cruise. $241.50 to have beer for the entire cruise is a bit too steep. However, If I could order for just the two at sea days, that could work. Or even mix it up and have a couple of beer days, and maybe a frozen drink day.

I also wonder if the package extends to the private beach at Laberdee.

Probably will not find out till 11/15 though.

FX

I'm extremely curious about the Captain's Wine Package for our upcoming 5 nighter on Century, such as:

Is this for certain number of bottles for the entire trip (i.e. one per day) or heaven forbid, unlimited per day(yes, wishful thinking but a girl can dream can't she?).

Wonder what the "Starting from $148.50..." actually is trying to communicate to me.

The package prices are absurd. I looked at the liquor packages and almost fell off my chair - and would have if I drank enough to make this work. The el cheapo version is $50 pp/day. A fifth is $90 or so (still high but bearable). So we both would have to kill off the equivalent of a fifth a day:eek:.

I have a feeling this program is going to have quite a few bumps. For example the frozen drink package says "frozen and blended drinks", so what exactly are blended drinks? To me that is like a mixed drink, maybe a rum punch, kahlua and cream. So then what is the liquor package? I am sure each bartender is going to interpret the packages differently. Should be interesting.

Archived