New Beverage Program is here!

ustal

Post #9 lists the choices for both the Sommelier's Package and the Captain's Package.

You can order 3, 5, or 7 bottles and the prices are $36 per bottle for the Sommelier's package and $49 per bottle for the Captains package. The prices include the 15% charge.

Mike

Much thanks for the PDF.

So that the board does not have to open the PDF, here is what it says.

Beverage Packages Online Reservations Schedule

Just a small handful of packages are currently available.

Starting November 15th, the following ships will have the full list of new packages.

Celebrity Millennium®

(for sailings on or after Nov. 27, 2009)

Celebrity Century®

(for sailings on or after Nov. 28, 2009)

Celebrity Summit®

(for sailings on or after Nov. 28, 2009)

Celebrity Mercury®

(for sailings on or after Nov. 30, 2009)

Celebrity SolsticeSM

(for sailings on or after Nov. 30, 2009)

Celebrity EquinoxSM

(for sailings on or after Dec. 4, 2009)

Celebrity Infinity®

(for sailings on or after Dec. 5, 2009)

Celebrity Constellation®

(for sailings on or after Dec. 6, 2009

The new packages are:

Water

Fountain Soda

Taste of the Vineyards Wine

Beer

Liquor

Frozen Drinks

Liquor Stateroom Setup

Riedel Wine Glass

Comparative Workshop

No Pricing yet available for the packages.

Guess we're in waiting mode again for the next month.

If you look at the fine print at the bottom of the PDF file, it looks like the wine packages will not be offered on the Solstice and the Equinox. I wonder why?

Is it possible to book the Packages on Board or only in Advance?

Whats the Cost for a single Coke for example?

Thanks

I think (almost sure) i read a regular coke is $2

Depended on if it was fountain coke or can.

I am a DIE HARD soda drinker, I guess I just have to buy the card!

Wow, what a joke. Celebrity did such a good job enhancing the Captain's Club benefits - it seemed like they understood what the consumer was looking for. Now these "packages" come out and are just completely ridiculous and useless. Twelve dollars per day for water? A whopping 5% off for wine? Are they serious??? :confused:

I don't get it; hopefully they will make some significant revisions STAT.

I just checked my calender and it's not April 1st - these "packages" would have made a good April Fools Day joke.

Wow, what a joke. Celebrity did such a good job enhancing the Captain's Club benefits - it seemed like they understood what the consumer was looking for. Now these "packages" come out and are just completely ridiculous and useless. Twelve dollars per day for water? A whopping 5% off for wine? Are they serious??? :confused:

I don't get it; hopefully they will make some significant revisions STAT.

I just checked my calender and it's not April 1st - these "packages" would have made a good April Fools Day joke.

Well said, Gonzo. Water at $12 a day. (this is exactly why I think they are going to discontinue allowing the present option of limited wine and other beverages to be brought onboard.

Well said, Gonzo. Water at $12 a day. (this is exactly why I think they are going to discontinue allowing the present option of limited wine and other beverages to be brought onboard.

Learned this weekend from my brother that Holland does not limit bottles of wine you bring on board at all. He carried on 6 bottles of wine as did both of the other couples they were with.I may have to consider Holland for my next cruise.

Learned this weekend from my brother that Holland does not limit bottles of wine you bring on board at all. He carried on 6 bottles of wine as did both of the other couples they were with.I may have to consider Holland for my next cruise.

We bring a case of wine onboard every time we sail Holland. Actually, it's the best part of Holland. And the full promenade deck.

before I praise or condemn the packages, has anyone a price for an 11 night cruise? We buy a bottle of wine each night so even 5% is worth it and we can buy it in advance so spreads the cost of the extras bill

before I praise or condemn the packages, has anyone a price for an 11 night cruise? We buy a bottle of wine each night so even 5% is worth it and we can buy it in advance so spreads the cost of the extras bill

Keep in mind that even the 5% is deceptive. There are several different bottles of wine to pick from in the package; if you picked the most expensive bottle everytime, you'd save 5% than had you bought that bottle individually each time. But if you mix it up and sometimes buy cheaper bottles, the wine "package" may actually cost more than had you purchased the bottles a la carte. These "packages" seem to be more of a marketing scam and a way for Celebrity to try and get your money faster than of any benefit to the consumer.

I have to agree with most posts so far. A lot of hype, but no follow-through.

We sail on the Infinity next week and guess we'll find out more. As far as water goes we just drink the tap water, probably better than tap water at home. This having to have bottled water everywhere is a joke (more expensive than gas), is a resource draw and bad for the environment. We just bring either a Nalgene or aluminum bottle and refill in the room or buffet. Very easy to do and not expensive.

The wine packages are a joke, 5% off in no bargain in my book. Fred Meyer gives me 10% off for buying 6 bottles anytime, anywhere.

Every time we cruise we spend a decent amount on board the ship (hey, we're on vacation). Last year our tab came to approx. $2500.00 for a 9 day cruise on the Mercury. After seeing this joke of a program I can guarantee we will not party like we normally do. We don't mind spending money, but all this hype and no meat will certainly curtail our expenditures on board.

We've cruised HAL before and they offered drink along with wine packages (while on board) at least 2 years ago. We were happy with their packages but, can't remember how much of a discount we received. To me HAL is certainly more in tune with their customers and Celebrity- well you figure it out.

Just received a nice Mariner Society update in the mail. Sent in a nice envelope with an upscale feel to it. Inside it has a nice booklet describing the new Society program and my total society points. With Celebrity, I didn't receive any special notice about the Captain's Club changes. I found out here on the board and through the Celebrity news letter. Also the present fall news letter has my last Celebrity cruise as Pacific Northwest 2005 and not the one I took 1 year ago. I called on this last spring and was told by Celebrity that it takes time to update this. Still wrong 1 year later, sort of like the government, when you owe them it's now and when they owe you it's well, we'll get around to it. These are small things but, HAL just seems to make you feel more special after the cruise.

With the direction the cruise lines (Celebrity and RCCL) are moving we're becoming more and more interested in an all-inclusive resort.

Yes, it is true. Our one and only other cruise was aboard the Westerdam. We were not limited to the amount of wine we could bring on board.

I thought about bringing a case. We didn't. It was our vacation and we wanted to be spoiled. The Holland America board has pictures of people wheeling crates of wine behind them.

5% discount on the wine and you don't have to pay the 15% beverage fee. I think the deal is more like 20%. I haven't done pricing as I've not sailed on this ship and don't know what things cost.

Am I thinking this through okay?

5% discount on the wine and you don't have to pay the 15% beverage fee. I think the deal is more like 20%. I haven't done pricing as I've not sailed on this ship and don't know what things cost.

Am I thinking this through okay?

I'll bet you a diet coke (only the wife drinks wine) that you will pay the 15% beverage fee otherwise you would be taking money from the serving staff. RCCL has always had better wine packages but they are checkmated by not letting pax bring any wine on board. HAL and Princess are more permissive about bringing wine on board but their wine packages leave much to be desired. If only we could choose the policies we like from each cruise line.

Oh, I'm sure they will add the 15% surcharge, that would make sense for happy employees as it should. Can't remember the specifics from my last HAL cruise but I thought their wine packages were fine and a decent deal for a present day cruise line.

Princess will let you bring only one bottle per passenger and Celebrity two per stateroom. Basically the same policy.

Guess it's just a smugglers game and I'm buying some rumrunners.

Oh, I'm sure they will add the 15% surcharge, that would make sense for happy employees as it should. Can't remember the specifics from my last HAL cruise but I thought their wine packages were fine and a decent deal for a present day cruise line.

Princess will let you bring only one bottle per passenger and Celebrity two per stateroom. Basically the same policy.

Guess it's just a smugglers game and I'm buying some rumrunners.

Yes, and last cruise we took scotch in ginger ale plastic screw top bottles without a probem. We'll see; not sure what we'll do this trip.

*All prices in USD and subject to change without notice. All Beverage Package prices include a 15% service charge. Packages may not be shared. Availability of beverage packages varies by ship. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase the Beer Package and to consume alcohol. See terms of guest alcohol policy. Other terms and conditions apply.

I have just tried to purchase the soda cards for our Janunary cruise but it says no inventory for this cruise = they must still have the gremils in the system because this is the existing package or have I missed something important?

Archived