Best Entertainer

Wildcatter

I still remember ABBACADABRA from a few years back. I think that same cruise had a guy who sang for Foreigner for a while. In fact all of the entertainment on that Legend of the Seas cruise, out of Tampa, three years ago, was fantastic.

If you mean Domenick Allen, he has toured with a LOT of singers. Not an original Foreigner member.

I had seen the touring show of Beatlemania back in the 70's/80's and they were great. The shipboard show is a scaled down version of the broadway experience but it is by far the best cruise entertainment stage show we've ever seen.

People were off their feet, dancing and singing. It was great.

Definitely Beatlemania for me. Don't confuse with Beatlemaniacs (not as good)

A concert of an hour and 10 minutes of non stop great music with multiple standing O's.

El Gaucho on Jewel of the Seas. Very entertaining. The best singer we have ever seen was on Holland America(suprisingly) named Alfreda Gerald. She was a featured vocalist with Yanni for many years and her shows are incredible. I would love to see both of these two again on any ship.

El Gaucho on Jewel of the Seas. Very entertaining. The best singer we have ever seen was on Holland America(suprisingly) named Alfreda Gerald. She was a featured vocalist with Yanni for many years and her shows are incredible. I would love to see both of these two again on any ship.

I was one of El Gaucho's victims on the Voyager a few years ago when it sailed out of NJ. Never forget it.

For me it is Derek Lewis and his "Adult Day Care...... at NIGHT" show, we bought the Tshirt and the cd's and he even got myself and SWMBO up for a duet at the end of our cruise in Sept on the Rhapsody which is AMAZING all by itself. there was numerous excellent other acts on our cruise but Derek is definitely the favourite for me !!!!

Cheers

David

Paul Boland: a great all around entertainer/impressionist for a Headliner show.

Brad Cummings: ventriloquist sensational

Les Lankhorst: a superb Sinatra type crooner.

The Coasters show is very good!

on board: Kevin Brando is THE Piano Man in the Schooner Bar, and it's always a pleasure to cruise with him.

the BeatleManiacs were awesome on the navigator this past june. It was a completely packed house in the theatre and they had EVERYBODY singing along. The place was rocking.

Another vote for the Beatlemaniacs. We saw them two back to back years on the Serenade. We didn't know they were going to be there again and we were happily surprised!!

Great Show

• 2 years later...

I know these are old posts but I have to disagree with dbowe5 .... have seen Shane Tapper perform 3 times now .... he used to be with Royal Caribbean .... just came back from a great time with Shane .... one of the best we've seen on ANY Cruise Ship !!

We actually saw Ben Vereen. I think it was on the Rhapsody some years back. He did an awesome show. WOW! Talented.

Also, an amazing group we saw on the Oasis was Vox Audio! Talk about phenomenal. They use their voices to make instrumental sounds and many other sounds. So entertaining.

The Unexpected Boys, in January on the Jewel and again in March on the Independence.

Another vote for the Unexpected Boys (we saw them on Explorer's New Years cruise). They do an excellent adaptation of the Bway show Jersey Boys! Even my kids enjoyed it!

I know these are old posts but I have to disagree with dbowe5 .... have seen Shane Tapper perform 3 times now .... he used to be with Royal Caribbean .... just came back from a great time with Shane .... one of the best we've seen on ANY Cruise Ship !!

So where is he now?

The Unexpected Boys, in January on the Jewel and again in March on the Independence.

We've seen the Unexpected Boys 3 times and enjoyed their show. If you like Frankie Valle & The Four Seasons then this is the show for you. That's the best we've seen on Royal Caribbean. There was one other solo singer who was originally with the Four Diamonds that put on a very good show too. Royal should move their ship troupe shows around from ship to ship. We are on the Explorer this monh and they still have the same shows they had in 2009 & 2010 and they weren't that good to begin with. The ice shows have been pretty good too.

. . . the Elton John impersonator, who was fantastic. . .

Hi Tally -- April 2009 is still one of our all time faovorite cruises. But I think the Elton John impersonator we had on that cruise was Jonathan Kane. We have had him twice, once on the Independence TA and on our first cruise, Eastern Med on Splendour in Nov 2007. Personally, I think he's great.

Dennis

Archived