Best Entertainer

Wildcatter

The Beatles' tribute band Beatlemania was outstanding on our Freedom of the Seas cruise last month. Overall all the entertainment was the best we've seen on our five cruises. From the magician (America's got talent guy) to the production shows to the singers and dancers the entertainment was top notch. The first comedian we had was great too, can't remember his name.

Matt Yee on the Mariner this past July in the Schooner Bar. He does Adult

Piano Bar Sing A Long with audience participation and Boas.

You had to get there one hour early to get a seat.

Hysterical!

Matt has a very loyal fan base and we have enjoyed his performances on past cruises. He is very entertaining but he is very much a one-trick pony and once you have seen him, you have seen him.:)

I like singers & dancers. The only one that has been memorable is Earl Turner. He was on Freedom on September. We'd definitely see him again, and would probably even pay for the tickets! :p

LOVE Earl Turner!!! I didn't know he worked ships. I've only seen him in Las Vegas and he packs the house.

My fav was Barry from Boston (as he was billed) who played in the Schooner Bar a few years, moving around on the RCCL ships. He packed the bar everynight and had the crowd going! He passed out morrocas (sp.) and tamborines. A great show! He's now playing in Aruba at Sopranos Bar regularly.

Chris

We just got off Enchantment. We had the misfortune to see Bowser from Sha Na Na. I sat through the first song and a half before we left. We weren't the first, they were flooding out.

I was shocked though, the next day, to see a big line up for autographs.

In January 2008, on the Explorer, I saw Jonathan Clarke. Normally, I don't enjoy sitting through shows when I'm cruising. It's just not my thing, but when I saw Jonathan perform I found myself not wanting the show to end. He was extremely talented & provided a mix of music and comedy. I enjoyed him so much, that prior to sailing the Explorer this past January, I wrote to RCI to ask if he would be there. I was excited to hear that he was, and I looked forward to his performance. I hope he's there when we sail this coming January.

On the GOS about 4 years ago, Micky Dolenz (from the group, The Monkees) put on a FANTASTIC show with his sister, who was also a fabulous singer/performer!

Still the best performance i've seen on a cruise ship to this day...it was funny watching everybody trying to restrain themselves from jumping out of their seats and dancing :D

~Smooth Sailing

On the GOS about 4 years ago, Micky Dolenz (from the group, The Monkees) put on a FANTASTIC show with his sister, who was also a fabulous singer/performer!

Still the best performance i've seen on a cruise ship to this day...it was funny watching everybody trying to restrain themselves from jumping out of their seats and dancing :D

~Smooth Sailing

I haven't seen Micky Dolenz yet, but I can just imagine how much fun that would be. I'd be jazzed all day if I saw his name on the Cruise Compas.

Derik Lewis on Voyager during her spring to fall Galveston stay.

I saw Charo on the Indy and she was amazing. I know what your thinking...." Thats the Coochie Coochie lady right." Yes that her and can she sing and play acoustic guitar. She was very funny too. She is up in age but she still looks great and can shake her ____ !!! She was much more than the ditzy lady she portraid on TV. Very talente lady and I woul dlove to see her again !!:)

Best show I've ever seen on a cruise?

This guy:

http://www.kevinjordan.com/

Kevin Jordan...

He's done cruises on different lines, including Royal Caribbean, but, unfortunately for us, he's mostly doing Princess of late...We actually saw him on a Princess cruise...

The guy was hysterical...the act had a lot of "audience participation"...IOW, he picked on a lot of members of the audience...One guy left for the mens' room and he ragged on him the whole way back...then got everyone in his row to move down a seat so that his seat wasn't there when he returned...He ragged on kids: "Why aren't you in school?"...then went on with hysterical stuff...mostly ad lib...We were in stitches...most of the audience was in stitches...

After the show, we're heading back up to our cabin on the elevator with these four older folks and one guy says to the other "Worst show I've ever seen" and the other guy says "He should find himself a different profession"...I am not sure what these guys were looking for...but, that's the thing with entertainment, especially comedy...Some people just don't get it...What is outstanding to one person is disappointing to the next...

ABBACADABRA was probanly the best ever as others have said. We also had the fortune to have seen The Coasters, The Platters, The Drifters (at least one person from the original groups) - also enjoyed Charo and Gary Puckett. Haven't seen the Nelson's but would like to someday (they seem to be on RCTV alot). There was a "quick change artist" duo that were simply amazing - not only did they perform on the stage but were also featured in the ice show - you just couldn't believe your eyes!!!!

We really enjoyed Mickey Dolenz, from the Monkees. The lead singer from the 50's group The Diamonds (Dave something or other) was very good as well. Oh, and I can't forget Marty Allen and Karon Kate.

We also saw an accapella (spelling?) group who even made the sounds of all of the instruments. I can't remember their name, but they were awesome. Maybe it was Mosaic, but I'm not sure about that.

While we have never had Mickey Dolenz or Peter Noone or the Nelson Brothers, we had Joel Mason, the Elton John impersonator, who was fantastic and also the lead singer from the Foundations ("Build Me Up Buttercup") who was also great. Both were on the April 2009 transatlantic on the Indy. They had people rocking in the aisles and they were the best entertainment we have had on an RCCL ship. And, we also had Marty Allen and Karon Kate Blackwell on the Jewel and the Brilliance and they are always our favorites and so down to earth.

Derik Lewis on Voyager during her spring to fall Galveston stay.

We love Derek-he's such fun. We found him totally by accident when Cafe Lattetudes was crowded and we needed a place to sit.

He MADE our last cruise for us.

We booked an Alaska cruise for May of 2010 just because he's going to be on. His mom is sick but we're hoping she gets better so he can cruise with us.

DSCF7149.jpg

We've only ever seen him in the pub so the schooner bar experience will be a little different

The Beatles' tribute band Beatlemania was outstanding on our Freedom of the Seas cruise last month. Overall all the entertainment was the best we've seen on our five cruises. From the magician (America's got talent guy) to the production shows to the singers and dancers the entertainment was top notch. The first comedian we had was great too, can't remember his name.

I had seen the touring show of Beatlemania back in the 70's/80's and they were great. The shipboard show is a scaled down version of the broadway experience but it is by far the best cruise entertainment stage show we've ever seen.

People were off their feet, dancing and singing. It was great.

Saw MOSAIC on Liberty a month ago. Def THE best entertainment that I've seen in my 5 cruises with RCI. They were brilliant - ex Americas got Talent. No instruments - just voices to portray everything from crackly record player to jazz beats - all sorts of sound effects.

Archived