Dawn's Adrift!

Duff Man

Does anyone know if this is true?

I see the following at http://www.gainesville.com/article/20091128/ARTICLES/911281006/1002

Published: Saturday, November 28, 2009 at 6:01 a.m.

"Cruise ship loses power off Puerto Rico

MIAMI - The Norwegian Dawn cruise ship temporarily lost power off the coast of Puerto Rico.

A Norwegian Cruise Line news release says the ship lost power at 9 a.m. Friday about 95 miles off the north coast of San Juan, Puerto Rico.

The United States Coast Guard and local authorities were notified immediately.

The cruise line reported that all guests on board were safe and secure.

Power was restored later Friday, and the ship was back under way.

It was expected to arrive in Miami as scheduled on Sunday.

The Norwegian Dawn departed Miami last Friday, making stops throughout the Caribbean."

Other than the arrival back in MIA, which is not going to happen on Sunday, itis all correct.

I just got a recorded phone call from NCL. The Dawn sailing for 11/29/09 is cancelled. They are offering a full refund and 50% off any cruise taken through 2010.

I'm sorry to hear that your cruise is canceled lawdoc, I wish you the best.

For those of you still on the ship, hope all goes well for you!

I just got a recorded phone call from NCL. The Dawn sailing for 11/29/09 is cancelled. They are offering a full refund and 50% off any cruise taken through 2010.

Just curious, have you been able to get through to a human, and find out if you can do the Parl or Jewel?

Al

I'm sorry to hear that your cruise is canceled lawdoc, I wish you the best.

For those of you still on the ship, hope all goes well for you!

Thanks you, I hope they have it fixed for your cruise next week!

Just curious, have you been able to get through to a human, and find out if you can do the Parl or Jewel?

Al

My wife is on the phone with a supervisor as I type this...We are trying to get on the Jewel. I will let you know the outcome.

Al

But, the Pearl sails today. For all of you living within driving distance that is a great option. How many people are already in the air traveling to Miami for their Sunday sail?

What a mess.

PE

I think 75% refund and 50% off another cruise thru next year is really fair - 7 days of the cruise went as planned, or 77.7% while 22.3% is not.

If I were on the cruise I'd be happy with that. And NCL is getting everyone back to Miami in time for Sunday's travel already planned.

I kind of wish I was on the cruise..... :p.

Kathy

we just got off the phone with ncl (we are scheduled for the b2b leaving 12/4) and they have no idea if future cruises will be affected. they did say that IF our cruise was to be cancelled, we would get more notice than the folks on the 11/29 (because of course that was an emergency repair situation)

I was on the Aug. 30th sailing to Bermuda on the Dawn. She had trouble a few weeks ahead of our sailing with a power failure just after leaving Bemurda. The ship was adrift for about one hour before the engines started up again. Passengers were hoping to have to return to Bermuda for a couple of days for repairs but the Dawn made it back to NYC and sailed out the same day. This power failure sounds much more major. Good luck with your travel plans. Holiday weekend is not the time to miss a flight.

Al

I'm was supposed to be on the same cruise and have been on hold for...(checks phone)...1 hour and 5 minutes now waiting for a human. I'm losing hope of getting thru. :(

I'm was supposed to be on the same cruise and have been on hold for...(checks phone)...1 hour and 5 minutes now waiting for a human. I'm losing hope of getting thru. :(

Which sailing were you supposed to be on? Some have said they are getting put onto the Jewel.

If you are on hold that may be half the battle. How many people cannot even get through?

PE

we just got off this sailing.

we thought ncl did a great job up until the time the announced that they would take care of paying for any airfare, hotel etc incurred getting back to miami.

we then booked flights ourselves on jetblue for 8 of us, and got a room in ft lauderdale for thge night and then 4 hours later they made another announcement that ncl has chartered flights and would make hotel rrangements and we should not take care of this ourselves as we would not be refunded if we did.

if they had made this announcement first when they told us we were being redirected we never would have made our own arrangements.

i guess myself, duffman and many others will be fighting with ncl for a while over this.

Which sailing were you supposed to be on? Some have said they are getting put onto the Jewel.

If you are on hold that may be half the battle. How many people cannot even get through?

PE

We were supposed to leave tomorrow from Miami. I'm hoping they'll put us on another ship, but I'm not sure if they'll honor the price that we originally booked this cruise for? I have no idea how any of this works... :\

NCL just posted on Facebook:

Norwegian Cruise Line

We have been working diligently to secure charter aircraft for the Dawn's guests back to Miami. At this time, we have secured two airplanes which will make three scheduled trips today. If you are a guest on board now, please contact Guest Relations for further information.

Hope everything works out for everyone on the ship and I'm sorry for those of you scheduled to leave tomorrow.

Archived