Coral Princess - FBI???

Borrego

Does anyone have information on a report that the FBI will be boarding the Coral Princess when it docks in LA Dec 7 to investigate the disappearance of the 2nd Chef?

We are scheduled to board that day and hope this doesn't cause a significant delay, or even cancellation. Any info you have will be appreciated.

Does anyone have information on a report that the FBI will be boarding the Coral Princess when it docks in LA Dec 7 to investigate the disappearance of the 2nd Chef?

We are scheduled to board that day and hope this doesn't cause a significant delay, or even cancellation. Any info you have will be appreciated.

1. We heard the same thing.

2. We're boarding with you.

3. Come on over and hi on the Roll Call

4. I don't think it will affect us.

I was on the Coral when the sexual abuse charge occurred during our Panama Canal cruise in March. The FBI boarded in LA and we were several hours late disembarking, but I don't know how this affected embarkation of the next group.

I was on the Coral when the sexual abuse charge occurred during our Panama Canal cruise in March. The FBI boarded in LA and we were several hours late disembarking, but I don't know how this affected embarkation of the next group.

That had to have caused several people to miss flights home.

I love my time onboard and at sea, but if a person is missing and maybe dead if we sailed a few hours late for an investigation, I think I would understand that was important. Just my thoughts and my humble opinion.

Ditto

I would imagine that they can complete their investigation in the roughly 12 hours the ship will be in port before sailing again.
I would guess they can. I was on the Sea Princess a few years ago and a 25 year old American "gentleman" was caught in the hot tub late at night with a 15 year old girl in their birthday suits. He was immediately put under cabin arrest until we reached Barcelona, where the FBI boarded and took him into custody. I'm assuming they also did an investigation while onboard but in no way did it affect our cruise.

2. We're boarding with you.

Pia, Is anyone on your cruise planning to do a "live"? We're boarding on the trip following yours (22 Dec.) and as Princess newbies, we have a couple of silly little detail questions.

Shalom, Andy.

Pia, Is anyone on your cruise planning to do a "live"? We're boarding on the trip following yours (22 Dec.) and as Princess newbies, we have a couple of silly little detail questions.

Shalom, Andy.

Hi, Andy. I think Pia said at the end of her last Live From that she would be doing another one on this next cruise. I'm counting on it -- what a great way to count down the days until we leave! I also had a couple things I wanted to ask her to check out, but of course I've forgotten them now . . .

Ann, I agree 100%. I hope you and Al are doing well. This is Dobie, I changed my name because I got annihilated on the HAL board because of my honest review of the Zuiderdam...they actually started another thread talking about my review and how I would "never be happy" with horrid comments that I requested be removed, and they were.

If we had to sail a few hours late because of a problem, no biggeee...I would be more concerned with the families involved.

I'm going out on the 7th too. I don't care when the ship leaves but if I learned that disembarkation will be delayed by 3-4 hours and embarkation will be delayed for a similar amount of time, I won't go over to the port until later than my original plan. What's unclear is how involved the passengers and full staff will be in the investigation (i.e. if they will be held onboard in case they're needed) or whether the FBI will just question/meet with individual staff members.

Shalom, Andy.

That would be me Andy. I'm the one that does the LIVES. Leaving now for the airport; tune into LIVE probably Monday night.

I love my time onboard and at sea, but if a person is missing and maybe dead if we sailed a few hours late for an investigation, I think I would understand that was important. Just my thoughts and my humble opinion.

If we had to sail a few hours late because of a problem, no biggeee...I would be more concerned with the families involved.

Hi Ann and Dobie!:) I agree with both of you and the others. Some things are more important than even cruising.;)

Hi Dobie and Susan! It's nice to see your names. I see you've moved Susan. Dobie, welcome back to the Princess group. How have you guys been? We really need to try to cruise together again.

This poor man was lost overboard and according to another thread I think his family has been desperate to find out what happened to him (as we all would be were we in their shoes.)

I would guess they can. I was on the Sea Princess a few years ago and a 25 year old American "gentleman" was caught in the hot tub late at night with a 15 year old girl in their birthday suits. He was immediately put under cabin arrest until we reached Barcelona, where the FBI boarded and took him into custody. I'm assuming they also did an investigation while onboard but in no way did it affect our cruise.

Apples and oranges here. Possible murder with no witness and little evidence is not the same as someone being caught red handed with an underage female who is willing to testify.

I couldn't agree more! Glad to see someone else thinks that investigating this tragedy is more important than an on time departure.

I think it's interesting that the FBI would be getting involved at all on the disappearance of a non US citizen, working on a non US registered ship, who disappeared off the shore of another country.

Archived