Cruise Director List 2010

MrPete

No, ours was Risa Barnes, not very entertaining, nice, but...

to me, that was about the end of it.

No, haven't sailed with John Heald..just Risa.

So far only one cruise..but another coming in about 32 Days!!;)

In January on the Triumph, we will have Jorge..maybe we will

see a difference.:)

I liked Jorge, he was our CD on the Triumph last June. He was entertaining.

I am bummed, I heard such good things about Kirk, but it looks like we will have this Jamie lady on our 3/7 Pride sailing, and I heard a couple bad things about her.

Okay, and the women assistant cruise directors (never had a woman cruise director) just annoy me bc it seems like they try to act like one of the guys or something, and I find that to be a very annoying trait that some women have. I'm a woman who used to work in construction, so I've seen a lot of this. So I'm bummed that my CD will be a woman.

There, I feel better now that I admitted that, albeit anonymously to a group of strangers.

If you your CD entertained like Robin WIlliams, or David Frost, which would you preference and book?

And if you don't go to the shows, it doesn't really matter.

And Risa makes David Frost seem like Robin Williams. In my book:

Risa = Ben Stein

I am bummed, I heard such good things about Kirk, but it looks like we will have this Jamie lady on our 3/7 Pride sailing, and I heard a couple bad things about her.

Okay, and the women assistant cruise directors (never had a woman cruise director) just annoy me bc it seems like they try to act like one of the guys or something, and I find that to be a very annoying trait that some women have. I'm a woman who used to work in construction, so I've seen a lot of this. So I'm bummed that my CD will be a woman.

There, I feel better now that I admitted that, albeit anonymously to a group of strangers.

I had Jamie as Assistant CD on the Pride in October and she was great. I think she will be great as your CD. Kirk was a great CD, but I don't think you will dislike Jamie

I had Jamie as Assistant CD on the Pride in October and she was great. I think she will be great as your CD. Kirk was a great CD, but I don't think you will dislike Jamie

Thanks, that makes me feel more hopeful, also thanks for not flaming me for being unapologetically sexist :o

I loved Butch he was really funny and talks with a crazy awesome accent (i thought) hes from minnesota and he will make sure you know that before your gone haha. he was on the Glory for a while now he is on the Liberty

Just got off Liberty Saturday with Butch as CD (yah!) He was a lot of fun - very personable. Kept announcements to a minimum. Was a bundle of energy - saw him all around the ship. Did a great job!

anyone know about stuart dunn for alaska on the spirit???

Had Stuart a couple of years ago and he was by far my least (personal opinion) favorite. Tried to approach him and found him to be very arrogant.

This is the only CD I have had that I didn't care for, all others have their good and bad poinrts, but have always been fun.

Had Stuart a couple of years ago and he was by far my least (personal opinion) favorite. Tried to approach him and found him to be very arrogant.

This is the only CD I have had that I didn't care for, all others have their good and bad poinrts, but have always been fun.

Anyone agree or disagree. I would hate to have a sucky CD. A CD in my opiion sets the tone for the ship. Happy/good CD makes for a happy/good staff.

Does anyone know how scheduling works in general?

My cruise on the dream is in September. Based on the grid from Jan-Jun, should I expect either John Heald or Todd Wittmer? Do the two just swap places every few months?

thanks for posting.....looks like Malcolm Burn will be on the Miracle in June. I have heard good things:D

K

We had Malcolm on the Victory in 08 - it was his last sailing on the Victory - he was taking a break and then was going on another ship, but didn't say which! We liked Malcolm! We especially enjoyed in him in the port talks - always funny - and my husband and I were in the newlywed/notsonewlywed game with him - he was hysterical!

Enjoy your time with him!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Had Wee Jimmy on the Freedom last November. He was very good and entertaining. Sported a Kilt on formal nights. Appears we may him again on Legend in July. OK by me.

Wee Jimmy was a good CD, had him on the Glory (I think) couple of years back.

Looks like I might have 'Butch' for my January cruise on the dream. No last name, just Butch.

Archived