How many famous people should I expect to meet?

Mr. Y

Hey Gang,

I'm cruising on Inspiration on Feb. 18. What kind of famous people should I expect to meet? My hoss met Jeff Foxworthy on a Carnival cruise 12 years ago.

Thanks Gang.

Dear "How many famous people should I expect to meet".....

"39".....

The best celebrity meeting that has happened to me. We were onboard with all of the contestants for Miss Sweden. They wee in the Carib for a photo shoot. Never saw so many tall, good looking blond women, all in one place. The only problem, was that they were always late for any event. They even held up our tender to wait for all of them to get on board.

I met Richard Dypress (Mr. Holland's Opus) on a cruise a few year ago. My wife and him had a good chat while waiting for an elevator one night. I was tempted to ask him if he written any more Opus but didn't.

I'm sorry, just have to do it. You mean Richard Dreyfuss right? That was an awesome movie.

Hey Gang,

I did not appreciate the dang hosses ridiculing my post. I just asked a simple question about seeing a famous people and I got jumped on. Thanks to the hosses that treated my post seriously.

Try Vegas or NYC if you're looking for famous people. I almost always see somebody in both cities. Nobody ridiculously famous, but NFL, NBA, and MLB players, Olympic athletes, soap stars, American Idol kids, etc.

I live in Connecticut and am in NYC quite often. I have seen many celebrities out on the street and in restaurants and stores . Almost all have been very friendly when you stop and say Hi.

I would never mob them or ask fo ran autograph.

My aunt was secretary to a theatrical agent and lawyer in Manhattan for almost 30 years. She dealt with the great, the near great, the not so great. the has beens, and the never weres in show business.

She always said People wouldn't idolize them if you knew them like she did.

Nah, he's got his own yacht and last I heard that's where he escaped to

I mean absolutely no offense or disrespect to you in any way so please don't be ...

I just found it funny that with all that has been reported, someone named Heidi HO knows where Tiger Woods is right now

*LOL* :)

Hey Gang,

I did not appreciate the dang hosses ridiculing my post. I just asked a simple question about seeing a famous people and I got jumped on. Thanks to the hosses that treated my post seriously.

What the heck is a hoss?

Hey, it is only your 12th post....you don't know us very well yet:D;)

wow....do people really sit around and wonder this ?

LOL...seriously!

and how dilusional to think that any celebrity worth seeing would sail CCL...

funny :D

I would think any celeb worth seeing has their own yacht.

Sorry. Richard DYPRESS still has me chuckling!

I walked past three times (didn't meet) Charleton Heston at the Broadmoor Hotel in Colo. Spgs., CO. Late 70's./early 80's. Not nearly as tall as portrayed in the movies, although I later read that he was 6' 2". Sure wasn't that tall when I saw him! Looked to be about 5' 10". I also heard that he insisted his female co-stars be short. On my very first flight (1966. LA to SF) Robert Culp and Bill Cosby sat right behind us. They were doing "I Spy" at the time. Shook hands. During this time, also saw Sonny and Cher in a little club on Sunset Strip. Cher kissed my cheek, and I spent $15.00 for a pair of white hip-huggers! Actually met and shook hands with LBJ during his visit to Univ. of Denver - think it was in 1967. He looked very sad, old, and tired. Met and shook hands with Tom Flores (Head coach of the Oakland Raiders) at the baggage claim at Stapleton Airport in Denver. About ten feet tall and gorgeous! (Be still, my heart) Met Walt Disney in 1957 at Disneyland. He and we just happened to be at Captain Hook's Pirate Ship at the same time. Much taller than pictured, and VERY nice!

Never met or saw anyone "famous" on a cruise ship! (Except crew and passengers)

Now - about that Richard DYPRESS!

The Hulk was in imagination! It was funny to watch that on the show as we had sailed her twice. Fun to see things that are filmilar to you on TV!

I have never seen a celeb on a ship or at least not that I noticed. John Heald was a passenger on a cruise I was on 2 years ago. I had no idea who he was until I got back and there was lots of talk that he was on the ship and then I put it all together.

I have been to vegas 3 times and have never noticed anyone either unless I paid to see there show. Does that count?:rolleyes: Maybe I need to do more ppl watching. Nah I do a lot already guess just not at the right place right time or dont have a good sense for that type of thing.

I also work at a famous medical instution up north and we have famous and infamous in town and in office day after day. And can't really say I have even noticed them here much. I notice the hub bub when they are around as we have all kinds if extra ppl on the floors trying to make them not noticed YEAH right. Then we have ones that dont really care to draw attention to themselves walk up alone and check themselves in and sit in the lobby. Those are the ones that normally go by unnoticed and unbothered.

Either way good luck to you on you hunt for that perfect celeb sighting. Maybe one day I will get mine!

I mean absolutely no offense or disrespect to you in any way so please don't be ...

I just found it funny that with all that has been reported, someone named Heidi HO knows where Tiger Woods is right now

*LOL* :)

No offense taken.:) Thanks for the morning chuckle. I know my user name can be taken the wrong way. I almost didn't use it but it WAS my nickname when I was a kid (I'm 51 so Ho didn't mean what it does today). Also, the first 2 letters of my last name are Ho.

On my last cruise it looked like the cast of Celebrity Rehab was on board. Oddly enough they were at some party that was hosted by CruiseCritter or something like that.

If you want to see celebs - just come to NYC. My neighborhood is full of them. In my building alone there is a famous movie actress, a soap actress, a Broadway director, and a concert pianist!

Archived