Favorite Caribbean Ports ?

Mr. Tricky

Just finished a 7 night on Liberty. I loved the cruise. I think this will be one of my all time favorite vacations. I was with my family, the weather was kind to us, and Liberty lived up to all the positives I have read.

However, the best part of all was our itinerary: Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan, and Gran Turk. HMC and San Juan are my new favorite ports. HMC is heaven on earth and San Juan was great, even though all I did was walk around and people watch. The narrow cobble stone streets and overal vibe reminded me of Europe.

Its time to start planning my next cruise. I would love to know what are your favorite ports?

Im glad you liked the Liberty! I sailed on her in this past October, but on the Western itinerary, and I loved the ship and service. Anyway...as for favorite ports; I have only done the eastern itinerary twice, but I must say, I do very much like St Thomas, but I absolutely love St John! ( usually a side excursion to St Thomas ) I also really enjoy St Martin/St Maarten. Western itinteray, my favorite has to be Cozumel. I also enjoyed my visit to Costa Maya first time 2002 while it was a very new port, and more recently in 2007. I like Grand Cayman as well, due to the fact that you are not hounded by people selling souvenirs. I also love the Bahamas! The water around Bahamas islands is so clear and beautiful. I could go on and on, but wont. You will find your own favorites I am sure.:)

Our favorite port is St Maarten. We liked it so much after visiting on a few cruise that we went there for a whole week several years ago, The water is the most gorgeous pale aqua there. Pinel Isle is our favorite place to go to there. Its a shelterd beach with waves that seem like you are in your own pool.....very gentle. Wish I were there right now.

I want to do all those ports you mentioned. They sound lovely!!!

We really have loved every port we have cruised to. Cozumel and Costa Maya are special. In fact, when we refer to a certain blue, it is called Cozumel Blue or Costa Maya blue.

The Bahamas are really beautiful too. I enjoyed our snorkel and sail excursion in Nassau--but later when we went to the beach, did not enjoy all the kids "selling turtles" and the "likes". It took about 2 minutes of walking from the ferry to ask my 11 year old if he wanted to buy some dope! :confused:

This time when we go to Nassau, we are going to go to Atlantas and pay out the Wazooo to not have to deal with that.

Happy sailing!

Grand Cayman is an incredible island. We love Jamaica a lot too. Cozumel has a lot of fun things and variety of stuff to do, so from a cruise standpoint is a great stop, but as a place, I would go to one of the others I mentioned before I went to Cozumel if I were doing a land based vacation.

I have heard great things about Isla Roatan and I can't wait to visit that island in April as well.

Our favorite port is Hondouras - there is so much to do and it is an undevelped beautiful island. This would be followed by Grand Turk - we had a surprise stop (missed St. Martin) on our last cruise and I was pleasantly surprised with the beautiful beach available right at the port - the amazing beach walk from the port, and the snrokeling - probably the best we have had.

It is a shame that Carnival cannot get to the really beautiful ports because the ships are so large.

I really love Iles des Saintes, which is just south of Guadalupe, and Saba. All of the BVI are wonderful. If you are ever on a cruise that stops in Tortola, go to Virgin Gorda or Jost van Dyke as your excursion. For incredible beaches and upscale shopping St. Barths is not to be missed.

I will say that of the usual carnival ports, St. Thomas and Roatan are my two favorites, with Grand Turk being a distant third.

My Favorite ports are Aruba (been there 5 times) Curacao (only been there once) Likewise for the San Blas Islands (if you like Gilligans Island...this is the place to go) and Grenada (because of the people!). That sounds like a great itinerary are the people from Carnival Listening (I HOPE:D)?

BTW my avatar is from ST John

Andy

The Victory Southern Intenery last March blew me away. St Lucia and Dominica being the standouts, but every port was great. I have to say that I really like Roatan. Those are my top three ports so far. I am doing a day trip to Jost Van Dyke on my next cruise so we shall see....

My Favorite ports are Aruba (been there 5 times) Curacao (only been there once) Likewise for the San Blas Islands (if you like Gilligans Island...this is the place to go) and Grenada (because of the people!). That sounds like a great itinerary are the people from Carnival Listening (I HOPE:D)?

BTW my avatar is from ST John

Andy

Any suggestions what to do in Aruba and Curacao ( what is the proper way of pronouncing it??)

To date my favourite ports are Grand Turk and St. Thomas. But than again in the dead of winter here in Canada any Carribean port will do:D

Cure-ah-so

actually koor-uh-sou from Dictionary.com.

Gosh, I like so many of them, St. John being my favorite. I can tell you the ones I don't care for. That would be Jamaica and St. Kitts and don't care for any of the ports on the Mexican Riviera Pacific side.

happy new year all:)

just returned from s.car. On miracle! Loved all 3 ports, st.lucia (favorie of all) st.maten, and st.kitts.

for a truly memorable trip to st.lucia, i highly recommend cosol island tours! The best!!!!!!!!!

bob;)

I haved loved them all. But Favs would have to be Roatan,Domanica, And St lucia. ,Cartahana (sp).. But really I have really found something that I loved about them all. Jamacia I had read so many bad things about But found none of the bad. Really enjoyed it. Was'nt a huge fan of Aruba but we really were not the long enough to truly make a judgement.

:)

I haved loved them all. But Favs would have to be Roatan,Domanica, And St lucia. ,Cartahana (sp).. But really I have really found something that I loved about them all. Jamacia I had read so many bad things about But found none of the bad. Really enjoyed it. Was'nt a huge fan of Aruba but we really were not the long enough to truly make a judgement.

:)

What did you do in Jamaica? I want to go on the Conquest again, and that means going back to Jamaica again. I'd like to find something nice to do there without getting hounded by the locals. The nicer beaches are too far away from the port. If you have a good recommendation I'd like to hear about it. Thanks!:)

Archived