Prinsendam 2005 World Tour... it has begun

Grumpy1

Cindie, where did you get your pattern for Flat Grumpy and Slinkie :) I wanted to make some to take on our 2 week Caribbean cruise May 20th! I will post pictures for all to see when I return :)

I am sure Cindie will be answering but in the meantime Grumpy posted a great picture of Grumpy, Slinkie and Slinkiedam on Post 1019, Page 41 of this thread specifically for a flat G & S. I hope Cindie will post her pictures

It was just over three months ago that you and the Prinsendam tried to ram us on the Oosterdam in Puerta Vallarta. WE've been home from that cruise for a quarter of a year, just about. Yet you're STILL on the ship!

Still, it's only 4 months 'til my next cruise - you probably won't even have the pictures sorted out by then! :rolleyes:

Have you booked your next one yet?

I have enjoyed every day of your voyage. It is surely the closest thing I'll get to a world cruise. I went to a family reunion a couple of weeks ago and found out that my aunt was on the world cruise with you. I was unable to get her email address, but if you know of a wonderful lady named Louise from Sun City Center, FL please say a hello.

My sister and I are sailing on Prinsendam on Oct. 16 from Athens to Venice via the Black Sea. We appreciate all of the information about Prinsendam. I know it will be a wonderful cruise.

Have a great time at HMC. It is a beautiful island. We'll be there on June 26 on a Zuiderdam cruise.

Thanks, again. I'm looking forward to all of your follow-up posts.

Grumpy: small world, indeed! Give Linda my regards, too---the three of us all were at a small junior college in Georgia many moons ago. We haven't met John yet, but hope to do so on a HAL cruise!

Grumpy wrote:

]KathieKata... the summer place is in Ohio... between Cleveland and Akron... not too far from you...[/QUOTE] I'm only 3 hours (if you speed down I-75) from Cleveland/Akron area. Very famillar with both places. Have you ever eaten at the Chicken Place in Akron. Beograd Gardens or something like that??? I know the family that owns the place. They belong to a Orthodox church and we travel between Detroit and Akron for choir concerts, etc. They hang out in Naples, FL in the Winter.[/color]

You'll have to pass on your e-mail address to me when you get back and I'll fill you in about the Chicken Place!! :rolleyes:

Hate to see this World Cruise end. Thanks for all the great posts and your time too. Hope you have another interesting cruise or vacation already booked for the near future. Happy packing.........and then unpacking. A nice gift for "Slinkie" would be someone to come in and WASH and Fold and Iron all the clothes from the trip!! Oh also, I'd seriously think about getting a Chef/Cook for the first month home. Slinkie by now has forgotten how to BOIL WATER!! :D

Ziggy 7 and Cuttle--Grumpy posted 2 pictures of he and Slinkie--one in formal wear on 1/28/05, post #154, page 7--and one in shore excursion wear on p. 41, post #1019. Cindiedee took the formal flat Grumpy and Slinkie with her.

What I did for Friday's cruise was print both pictures, put them back to back with a paint stick in between to hold them (so those photos won't get too worn out during the trip). That way flat Grumpy and Slinkie can be formal or casual.

There sure are a lot of Grumpy and Slinkies around now!

Grumpy suggested they could stow away in our cabin so they wouldn't have to leave--might be a little tight, maybe we can upgrade to an S cabin (with a separate cabin for their souvenirs, jewelry, etc.)

Mary

Ziggy 7 and Cuttle--Grumpy posted 2 pictures of he and Slinkie--one in formal wear on 1/28/05, post #154, page 7--and one in shore excursion wear on p. 41, post #1019. Cindiedee took the formal flat Grumpy and Slinkie with her.

What I did for Friday's cruise was print both pictures, put them back to back with a paint stick in between to hold them (so those photos won't get too worn out during the trip). That way flat Grumpy and Slinkie can be formal or casual.

There sure are a lot of Grumpy and Slinkies around now!

Grumpy suggested they could stow away in our cabin so they wouldn't have to leave--might be a little tight, maybe we can upgrade to an S cabin (with a separate cabin for their souvenirs, jewelry, etc.)

Mary

I love the idea of the back to back pictures. Bon Voyage Flat Grumpy and Slinkie wherever you may go. :cool:

You'll be leaving that ship in just a few more days. I bet everyone is getting teary-eyed and nostalgic.

When talk turns to the journey home and the things that will need doing, then you're most of the way back, already.

Thanks for taking us with you. susan.

Grumpy - maybe I can help with the packing! If you would just pack up 2 weeks worth of clothes & leave it onboard / forwarded to my stateroom I'd appreciate it. (Also a weeks worth for Madrid - I prefer natural fabrics, a few cashmere sweaters & classic evening clothes). THANK YOU!

A couple of years ago a guy on the QE2 WC threw his clothes away as he went around the world! He had 1 tux & bought the ties & cumberbunds onboard.

Usually about 3 A.M. on the last nite of a cruise I am standing in my shorts putting out my luggage.....just one more turn around that promenade deck!!!!

Enjoy your last couple of days onboard - btw - you'll be disembarking on my birthday...so have a party on me!

The -cold -Netherlands

Still 24 hours to go for my flights ---Detroit--Fort Lauderdale.

I got an email with the adress of the Sheraton Beach and boarding time 2 oçlock at the 6*

No documents at all!!!

When there is a grey old lady staying ashore when you are leaving ---IT'S ME

One of your CCmembers.

So help me ,please---

I trust when I use the name Grumpy and Slinky everything comes allright

Joan I like to meet you Texasladys and see you ,when ?? ,I have not even my cabin nr. But there is a messageboard.

Till May 6 aboard of the Prinsendam

Ingrid (Eternity)

FOR THE LAST TIME THANKS GRUMPY AND SLINKY !

I got an email with the adress of the Sheraton Beach and boarding time 2 oçlock at the 6*

No documents at all!!!

When there is a grey old lady staying ashore when you are leaving ---IT'S ME

One of your CCmembers.

So help me ,please---

Ingrid,

They are going to have your documents waiting for you at the ship, including your cabin assignment. You would be well advised to go to the HAL web site and fill out the Immigration Form on-line. Make a copy on your printer and take it with you. You do need your booking number, but they should have supplied that to you. The hot link to the web site is:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/guests/guests.do;jsessionid=hoNS3bMAJi37VOX9SS97CJA

Just click on "Immigration Form" on the left side of the page.

Good luck and we hope to see you at 4:00 PM on May 10th in the Crows Nest on the starboard side of the ship.

Ruffin

You're right, Grumpy! The "older" passengers on HAL are sure to give me a run for my money! I can only hope that my previous time spent running marathons has prepared me well for the wiser and more experienced passengers I'm sure to encounter!

Thanks again for bringing your trip to life for us. :D

Ingrid,

They are going to have your documents waiting for you at the ship, including your cabin assignment. You would be well advised to go to the HAL web site and fill out the Immigration Form on-line. Make a copy on your printer and take it with you. You do need your booking number, but they should have supplied that to you. The hot link to the web site is:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/guests/guests.do;jsessionid=hoNS3bMAJi37VOX9SS97CJA

Just click on "Immigration Form" on the left side of the page.

Good luck and we hope to see you at 4:00 PM on May 10th in the Crows Nest on the starboard side of the ship.

Ruffin

Thanks,Ruffin,you see it helps to be an old grey lady,

I had not heard of this document, on internet

It is my 4* crossing ,the last one in 2003 with the Brillance.

With my children and GRANDchildren.

Two times from Rio-Dakar -Genua crossing on the equator 5 days/nights

is wonderfull.

The last thing I do this evening, is to fill in the forms.

In Holland its 9 o clock and a special night

We are remembering all the Amer.-Can.soldiers -and Dutch of course

who died in worldwar 2.

It is in Amsterdam with a lot of veterans from the USA and the Royal family

At 8 oçlock the whole country was ---silent-- for 2 minutes.

Its always very impressing.

Tomorrow we celebrating our freedom with a feast.My private party is flying

to FDL.

Thanks again,

see you,Ingrid (Etenity)

i

it is my 4 crossing ,but -------

Ruffin what is my passengers nr? I mean do you know what they want?

I only have a resevationnr.

Nevertheless I can not come in the system .Try later is their advice.

OK I certainly try it oncemore.

Regards,very kindly,

Ingrid (Eternity)

Grumpy,

Where did they put all the suitcases in your cabin? Do you and Slinky have room to sleep? Just kidding. The sight of the suitcases must have been a real eye opener, the WC is really ending. I think you have the right idea, relax on HMC. Do you have a steward lined up to take home with you?

Stephen,

The painting is wonderful. Thank you for sharing it with us.

HAL passenger number is 3 digits. For double occupancy Oreservation, it is 002. Hope this help.

Me on my own is 001 -----I try again

I love this, Long lives the internet . Are you boarding too?

regards

Ingrid (Eternity)

Me on my own is 001 -----I try again

I love this, Long lives the internet . Are you boarding too?

regards

Ingrid (Eternity)

Sorry Ingrid, I didn't think of the passenger number. It should be 001 and your booking number is also needed. Then the last name of the person on the booking. I have been in Amsterdam twice. It is a beautiful city, but much different than the U.S. Hope to see you on the 10th.

Ruffin

Now that it is all over and you are home, what did you guys think about the Prisendam? Should we keep her or let her go?

Let her go? NO WAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the past eight years we have suffered the sad loss of four great HAL ships, ROTTERDAM in 1997, NIEUW AMSTERDAM in 2000, WESTERDAM in 2001, and NOORDAM in 2004.

OK we know that PRINSENDAM came to us as the poor little outcast from Seabourn, and apart from a few early complainers.... who for the most part were former Seabourn and Voyal Viking passengers, we have taken her into our hearts. I for one, would be very sorry to see her go.

Her first couple of years with HAL were difficult. She didn't look or feel like a HAL ship... seemed like a stranger. Gradually all that has changed. I think 99.9% of the changes is due to all the hard work that the ship's crew have put into the ship. People like Andre Schoonhoven her Chief Officer and Fekko Ebbens her Hotel Manager have done so much to make PRINSENDAM a real HAL ship.

I think we should start a PRINSENDAM fan club... well is almost already exists!!!

The last club I was involved with was the Dolphin Club which we started on the old ROTTERDAM several years ago. To become a member you had to make a Panama Canal transit. Well, a bit more than that actually. You had to make the whole transit sitting at the Ocean Bar. No excuses for sightseeing. It was a real blast. Over the years the small group picked up a few new members. Our 'Signature' was to carry a silly little rubber dolphin that squeaks. We had 'Dolphin Salutes' where the whole group would stand at one time and shake their dolphins in the air. We had special Dolphin Dinners.... the founding dinner was in the wind dining room on the old ROTTERDAM. Photographs of the event got back to Head Office. :D

At one dinner a on another ship the chef served us blue marzipan dolphins for a desert!!!!! At a Dolphin Dinner on the NIEUW AMSTERDAM... back in the private King's Room, the whole room was decorated with a fishnet and plastic lobsters and sea creatures.. also a huge carved ice sculpture of a dolphin. At the same dinner, some suggested that Ruth and I were not 'legally married'... we were on our honeymoon cruise. They gang decided that we had to go through it all again for their benefit. That was fine but Captain XXX forgot his lines half way through!!!! We made same captain an honourary Dolphin and presented him with a fluffy dolphin. That woudl have been OK if he had left it at that, but a few nights later there was a cocktail party and there was our esteemed captain, standing in the recieving line with a grey fluffy dolphin sticking out under his uniform jacket. We thought it was a hoot. I sure some of the other guests at the party must have thought he was some kind of pervert!

Boy, did I go off topic..... yes, I think a PRINSENDAM fan club could be a lot of fun.

Stephen

Archived