Florist onboard

edtonkin53

All Hal ships have an onboard florist... and they are fabulous!! Depending on what you are ordering, you might have to order beforehand. The florists only have limited flowers to work with onboard, so anything fancy might have to be ordered ahead of time.

Actually, on some of the shorter cruises they no longer have a florist onboard. Cost cuts again, I imagine.

This is incorrect. Every single HAL ship has a florist - even if they are basic 7-day cruises. They are typically Indonesian and overall it is MUCH cheaper to have one of these guys on board rather than having people coming on in the embark port to change out the flowers and make the bouquets. I know for a fact that every ship has a florist, as my last Ryndam cruise, 3 weeks ago, had a demonstration and the florist, Made, made sure that everyone knew that no matter what HAL ship they were on, they could always order flowers from the florist through the Front Office.

They have 16 different arrangements from$15 to $75 and you'll get them the next day. Much better choices than available from online booking and cheaper. Go to front desk and ask for the brochure and order form and they bill it to your cabin.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
They have 16 different arrangements from$15 to $75 and you'll get them the next day. Much better choices than available from online booking and cheaper. Go to front desk and ask for the brochure and order form and they bill it to your cabin.

Thank you so much for this information! We are traveling with another couple and I wanted to surprise them with flowers in their cabin but I wasn't thrilled with the preorder options.

Thank you so much for this information! We are traveling with another couple and I wanted to surprise them with flowers in their cabin but I wasn't thrilled with the preorder options.

That is exactly what we did on our B2B on the Noordam in Nov..Our good Friends were joining us on the second half of our cruise & their anniversary was in the middle of our cruise..

We ordered the flowers on board during the first half of our cruise & they were in our Friends cabin when they boarded..They were lovely..

If you receive the discount coupon book from HAL or your Travel Agent, there is a coupon in it for a discount on the flowers you order on board..

Enjoy your cruise..Betty

If you receive the discount coupon book from HAL or your Travel Agent, there is a coupon in it for a discount on the flowers you order on board..

Enjoy your cruise..Betty

I'm curious how I can obtain this discount coupon book. Through HAL or better going through my TA? Thanks

Enjoy your cruise..Betty

I'm curious how I can obtain this discount coupon book. Through HAL or better going through my TA? Thanks

I have no idea if HAL gives it out or the TA's give it to their good customers..You can ask your TA if they know about it..We don't use most of the coupons, but I did for the flowers...

Cheers...:)Betty

Archived