Avoiding CC boards

DixiesMom

Does anyone else intentionally avoid Cruise Critic when you do not have a trip planned. It makes me crazy reading about other folks' fun and not being able to look forward to a trip.

Luckily we just booked our next adventure so it's ok to be back.

Just wondering if anyone else has this problem.

Going to switch to Olympics for 2 weeks as that will take up my time.:D Now that I have retired and do not have work dramas -- this has become my "office" with "friends" that I have gotten to know, gossip to hear and opinions that can be given (and agreed to or disagreed to). I even clue hubby into some of the stories. Some folks say get a life but this board is cheap, available and helps to keep me mentally active and engaged. I have 5 land trips coming up and find they are not as much fun because you lack the rollcall and community that you get while cruising. I am a happy CCer who just got 1000 posts!

I can't stomach coming to the boards unless I'm planning a trip. I'm definitely envious of those CC'ers who always have a cruise coming up. As someone who can only afford to cruise every couple of years, reading the boards when I know I'm not going would be torture!

I have not had a time with no cruises booked, that would drive me crazy. Im chomping at the bit right now in limbo waiting on a date for a cruise that the TA is deciding on in the next 3 weeks, and until I get a date I cant even plan Branson or some other trip.

I have not had a time with no cruises booked, that would drive me crazy. Im chomping at the bit right now in limbo waiting on a date for a cruise that the TA is deciding on in the next 3 weeks, and until I get a date I cant even plan Branson or some other trip.

I feel your pain.:)

I feel your pain.:)

lol, it is driving me crazy that I dont have fixed dates for one. I want to move into the planning stages. The other two I have booked are so far out, its useless to even watch for a price drop, Sept and next January. I need a trip NOW (of course I just got back from Ecstasy a week and a half ago... and already I NEED to go. I got wandering feet.

Does anyone else intentionally avoid Cruise Critic when you do not have a trip planned. It makes me crazy reading about other folks' fun and not being able to look forward to a trip.

I do, I do!!!! If we do not have a cruise planned, I don't use or read CC, it makes me too sad:(

Yesterday was my first day back since June 2009. We took our 1st cruise in May 2009 & I seriously couldn't be up here without being sad 'cause I knew it would be while before I could book another one. :(

Yep, I'm back...means I have another cruise in the works. Trying to narrow down which one. I think we have but not 100%. But hope to be all booked by March. :D :D :D

Great to hear that I am not alone in my CC depression if I don't have a trip in the works.

I guess I have a addictive personality because if I find something I like I throw myself heart and soul into it...and then it gets really hard to pretend that I am working when I am humming the "I don't wanna work, I just want to bang on my drums all day" song. Boss looks at me funny when she walks by.

Can only handle CC when I'm planning to book a cruise but more likely I've already booked one and this site holds me over for the time until the cruise. Thankfully, most vacations I plan are only a few weeks to a few months away. I can't plan anything over 6 months out haha... Never know where lifes going to take me!

My post-cruise depression is soooo bad. It is even more depressing to come to the boards and know my cruise is over. I always plan to write a review of my cruises but have only managed to do it once because I tend to stay away after my cruises are done.

Yes! I avoid them like the plague!!! Sometimes when I am bored,I will sign on to find a pictorial cruise review and then I start jonesing and won't come back til I have one booked!!!!!

I can't look at the boards unless I'm planning a cruise. Ours are usually anywhere from 9 months to 2 years apart, and we book right around final payment. So, I'm usually reading/interacting for a couple months before and a week or two after, but that's it. Looking at all the cruises everyone else is enjoying when I know I won't have the dough for a while just makes it worse for me. :(

Boo

Reliving past cruises, hearing about where other people are going (I'm excited for you!) and planning my next one. My next one is still in the "what date do I want to go, do I want to go alone, which ports and excursions and I interested in" phase. I almost booked it the other day and then decided to think about it a little more. Also, I'm thinking about whether or not I want to do a shorter trip in between...........being with cruisers helps me to focus my thoughts and I really enjoy the reviews. I also like to hear of all the issues so I know what to expect out there.

This is one of the best place to get information:D

Archived