Where to stay in Miami

CRUISEMAMMA

Close to the port in Miami will take you to downtown Miami hotels. Most hotels in that area do not offer shuttles, but cab fare is pretty inexpensive.

Check out the Eastern Departures port of call board for Florida departures. There are several recommendations there.

Hello,

My wife and I just booked a room at the LaQuinta at the airport. It is very close to port (8.5 miles) they offer a shuttle and you can park your car at the hotel for up to 7 days for FREE. The room rate was $110.00, compared to everything else that was very nice. When are you cruise, my wife and I leave out on March 14 we are so looking forward to it.

IN 29 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy hunting,

Brent:D

We arrived in Miami and walked outside and there was a shuttle from the Red Roof Inn. They told us about a really good Cuban restaurant that delivers which was phenomenal and they had shuttle service to the port the next day. Very efficient. We didnt leave the hotel though so I am not sure of the surrounding areas. Was really cheap and clean.

If you are flying into FLL you will find the hotels cheaper there than in Miami. A taxi from FLL to Miami will run $85+, or shuttle service for $16 each.

If you want to stay in Miami avoid the airport hotels - you will not se the city and may as well be in Pittsburgh. Search the FLA departure board for hotel suggstions - there are a wide variety of hotels in a wide variety of price ranges. Miami Beach is a seperate city with wonderful beaches, shopping and dining, but it is not cheap.:eek:

Good luck!:)

We will be flying in to Fort Lauderdale the day before our cruise and would like to stay in Miami. Can anyone give us recommendations for a nice hotel close to the port and transportation options from the Hotels. Thanks so Much

I like the Intercontinental ...

DCP_0042.jpg

Three blocks behind the above photo is the Bayside Marketplace.

To the right of the above photo is the free Metromover ...

DCP_0045.jpg

The pool ...

DCP_0049.jpg

The room ...

Roomfromdoor.jpg

The view ...

DCP_0057.jpg

And the best view of all, from the deck of the ship ...

DCP_0096.jpg

The pictures posted by Cuiser2 are awesome and can attest that this is one beautiful hotel. Stayed there for 2 nights in January 2009 and have booked to stay there for 2 nights in November 2010. I found a GREAT price on lastminutetravel.com for $84 a night plus taxes this year (even beats the rate of $119 I got last year). Converted to $210 Canadian for a two night stay. Very very happy. You will not be disappointed. Nice short walk to Bayside. Did not eat at the restaurant. Can't comment on that though. You will not be disappointed should you get the chance to stay here. Oh and by the way, huge, beautiful bathroom. Can't recall price to get to POM, around $10 - $15 with tip.

• 1 year later...

We are staying at the La Quinta Inn East as well when we cruise in Feb 2012. We were not lucky enough to get the room at 99.00 though lol They offer free shuttle from the airport and to the Port of Call for the Cruise. I have read the reviews on the hotel most have been good. I also checked their sight and it looks like they are about 5-10miles from South Beach, shopping, dining, etc. Have fun!!:)

We will be flying in to Fort Lauderdale the day before our cruise and would like to stay in Miami. Can anyone give us recommendations for a nice hotel close to the port and transportation options from the Hotels. Thanks so Much:)

I would decide what to do by the time you will be arriving at FT.

If you aren't going to be able to enjoy a full day and evening in the Miami area, then I'd stay at the Intercontinental (often at discount sites if not too prime season) and just enjoy the area at Bayside Mall, maybe pick up a boat tour there. If you are going to be able to head to Miami from Ft.L before noon, then I'd look at Miami Beach or S Beach if you want the beach and the vibe there. Especially if you haven't been before.

FTL is very nice to spend a day using the water taxis, enjoying that beach area, good shopping, restaurants etc. But it sounds like you want to get to Maimi when you arrive.

Downtown Miami will be closest to the port. And downtown Miami is basically just a huge city sitting near the waterfront. It's NOT Miami Beach.

We are staying at the La Quinta Inn East as well when we cruise in Feb 2012. We were not lucky enough to get the room at 99.00 though lol They offer free shuttle from the airport and to the Port of Call for the Cruise. I have read the reviews on the hotel most have been good. I also checked their sight and it looks like they are about 5-10miles from South Beach, shopping, dining, etc. Have fun!!:)

LQ East is located very near the MIA airport. From LQ East to South Beach will be about a $30+ cab ride, each way. :eek: I would not stay there if I planned on visiting South Beach, Bayside Market, or anywhere but the immediate vicinity - it is a budget option for those flying into Miami who just want a room and a shuttle to POM the next morning.

There are several hotels near the port of Miami for around $100 that are alot nicer than LaQuinta. Don't be fooled by the offer of a free shuttle. You are at their mercy to take you to the ship when ever they want in a crowded bus. It's much better to just get a cab and go to the ship early. You'll be on the ship eating lunch instead of standing outside the hotel waiting for the shuttle.

For example in the past I stayed at the Hyatt for $88 and at the Marriott Biscayne Bay for $99.

For example in the past I stayed at the Hyatt for $88 and at the Marriott Biscayne Bay for $99.

To give Stylist some credit, her $99 price is for February when prices are at their peak -- I would not count on finding either the Hyatt, IC or Doubletree for under $100 during the same time frame.

we stayed at the POM Holiday Inn and the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon (over by the airport) both hotels were within walking distance to eating and shopping.

cab to the port in the morn from the Holiday Inn and hotel shuttle to the port in the morn.

we used SAS transportation ridesas.com from FLL to the hotel.

• 3 weeks later...
Can we park our car at one of the Blue Lagoon Hotels? Charge to do so? How much is cab fare to port from there?

Thank you

Most of the Blue Lagoon hotels do not charge for parking while you are staying there. Many also offer park and cruise packages. As mentioned above, cab to POM should run about $30 and most can arrange for a shared shuttle service for about $10 per person. Good luck! :)

I like the Intercontinental ...

DCP_0042.jpg

Three blocks behind the above photo is the Bayside Marketplace.

To the right of the above photo is the free Metromover ...

DCP_0045.jpg

The pool ...

DCP_0049.jpg

The room ...

Roomfromdoor.jpg

The view ...

DCP_0057.jpg

And the best view of all, from the deck of the ship ...

DCP_0096.jpg

We will be staying at this hotel in November! Thanks for the pictures!

Archived