Fully Obstructed View cabins

chubbypiggy

If a cabin is listed under "fully obstructed view" (for example, Emerald deck cabin E506 on Crown Princess), does it mean the entire window will be completely blocked by the lifeboat, and have absolutely no "sunlight/daylight"? If so, besides having a window on the wall (instead of a picture on the wall of an inside cabin), what is the difference between a "fully obstructed view" cabin and an inside cabin?

Please advise. :)

Thank you.

If a cabin is listed under "fully obstructed view" (for example, Emerald deck cabin E506 on Crown Princess), does it mean the entire window will be completely blocked by the lifeboat, and have absolutely no "sunlight/daylight"? If so, besides having a window on the wall (instead of a picture on the wall of an inside cabin), what is the difference between a "fully obstructed view" cabin and an inside cabin?

Thank you.

The deck plans on Princess.com are pretty accurate. E506 looks straight at a lifeboat, however it is one of the smaller lifeboats and you may see a small view over it. If you can find photos of the side of the ship. you can get a better idea of the view from the cabin.

To answer your question, you will have natural light for your room. Most people have their curtains drawn at night (else too much light in the morning). Regular oceanviews have their curtains open during the day. Obstructed oceanviews may or may not have their curtains open (depending on how much they value their privacy.) There is a gangway outside of an obstructed oceanview (in order to access the boats that are blocking your view). There are crew members on these gangways occasionally. For E506 I would check what is around you. The Explorer Lounge is underneath E506 so if you have a rock band playing at night, you may get to "feel" their music.

Thank you all for your answers and diagram. Actually, my friend asked me that question. I have never stayed in an oceanview cabin (because it is always on the lower deck of the boat; I have always chose inside or balcony cabins on the deck that is two decks below the pools/buffet/...), so I couldn't answer her question. I told her CC is the best place to get good answers, so I posted the question for her.

Again, thank you.:)

I was just on the Emerald and had an obstructed view with no obstruction! Cabin E632 - no obstruction to left or right. There was a platform but it was below our window and only saw someone out there once when they were lowering the tenders and he was about a half deck below so couldn't see in our window. It was great!

Thank you.

One advantage to an fully obstructed view cabin over an inside cabin that no one has mentioned is the square footage. They are slightly larger than an inside and have two chairs, a tub chair and a desk chair. Nothing to do with the amount of light in the cabin, but still....

Hi,

This composite I threw together may help.

Maxx

:cool::cool:

EmeraldObstructedView1.jpg

Great diagram. We're booked in E414 based on similar infomation found here on CC so as always this is a great place to find what you need to know ;)

Thank you.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=22429214&postcount=11

Here is a post that should help:)

Linda, my mom and her roommate were in E414 on the Emerald....we chose the location based on the deckplans. The rest of us stuck with the guarantees. Mom's cabin was GREAT!! Only obstruction was a white platform below her window and some stairs to the left. Their beds were to the left when you walked into the room, under the window was a chair and the desk was next to the window. You could sit in the chair and look out of the window, it was a fabulous cabin. If I had pics on this computer I'd show you, but trust me.

The rest of us had the guarantees and we got what we paid for (and what we expected). Same category as Mom's, but we were in E503. Our bed was under the window. There was the end of a lifeboat under the window, and the lights outside were on all night long. There was our "little man" working outside on the lifeboat very often. The view was fine, we could see over the lifeboat. My problem is the light....even with my eyeshade it was pretty bright. We also had 2 bunks above our bed. Whenever we stood up, we hit our shoulders. To get into the bed we either had to duck or swoop in from the foot. Our friends also had a cabin with the bunks and the bed under the window.

Archived