Any idea when GTY cabins will be assigned?

tcha

We booked a gty balcony about 3 weeks ago. Within 2 days of completing our "Princess Cruise Personalizer" on the Princess website with credit info and all-- we were assigned a room. We were promised a BE or better and got a BA. Not sure if it matters if the personalizer is completed or not...but maybe once they have your credit info they consider you a sure thing?? But really-- who knows!

We're booked on B2B's on the Caribbean P- for some reason Princess does offer this as a 14 day ( maybe since the second leg is a repo ). We have gty's booked on both and the bookings are linked. One would assume that Princess may try to put us in the same cabin for both weeks and that an upgrade is highly unlikely.

Anyone have any experience with this

On our B2B cruises we always select our room to avoid having to move. That is on the advice of the cruiseline.

a possibility is........they have overbooked the cruise........and are currently negotiating with other passengers to give up their cabins........and until cabins are surrendered (for compensation)......they will not know which cabins are available.......;)

I still have no cabin on the 28 March Emerald and it IS oversold... does anyone have any idea of what kind of "move over" deals Princess has offered in the past?

I still have no cabin on the 28 March Emerald and it IS oversold... does anyone have any idea of what kind of "move over" deals Princess has offered in the past?

How do you know it is oversold as opposed to there being a waitlist (where passengers have not been sold but are waiting)? With a GTY cabin you are the last in the pecking order for move over deals.

too cute that my other post is about the craps table! If i wasn't willing to do a lot of walking, or worried for the safety and comfort of my traveling companions, i would book a definite cabin. I love the chance; even at the pier of a wonderful surprise. I will still be happy if i get the owners suite:rolleyes: And my daughter gets the inside over the medical center(or whatever).:eek:

:( mom! :)

We are sailing on the Crown Princess April 24th and got two balcony guarantee cabins that were linked together. We got our cabin assignments yesterday and they are both on the Riviera deck but not close together. Its a chance you take but we are happy to be on the same deck.

We booked a guarentee for the Diamond on the 15th of May sailing. Still haven't recieved our assigned cabin but I'm not worried, knowing that when I booked this cruise a month ago I would be happy with the Cat.bf I booked. Will let you know what cabin cat we end up with either before or after the cruise. Last year we went from a BG to a BA and I did thank the Upgrade Fairy, so hopefully she will remember us.

We noticed some pattern in GTY assignment.

Booket BF and got upgraded to BC

Parents booked BD and got upgraded to BA

Both times 3 categories up. And we found out about this by calling to Princess one and a half month before. :)

Hi all.

I booked a May 9th cruise with a GTY for a EE OV room on the EP.:)

The PCC asked if I wanted to be considered for an upgrade,I said sure.

What can I hope for?

Am I in the bowels of the ship?

I also checked the site ,It just states EE, No cabin assignments yet?

P.S,What does a waiting list GTY??

Just wondering?

I am sailing with a GTY,I hope.

If not do it NOW. Then the new cabin will appear. They want to know the credit card is good & passport is good & not expiring and Homeland Securty says you are good. No more than 3 days per my TA.

This is not true. I have been assigned many cabins (from guarantee status) before filling out the personalizer.

So are you ELITE? That may be the reason.

Yes - elite but don't see the correlation. Last fall, I held the cabin in the morning and before I could get the time off, I had been upgraded (within the same type cabin) from an AE to AA (with out even putting a deposit down or filling out the personalizer). Other times I have booked a BF guarantee and upgraded to BA with out filling out the personalizer. I usually don't fill that out until the very end and have had no problems being assigned a cabin.

Sometimes I get a cabin within the same day and other times it takes months.

Archived