Review with Lots of Photos - Quest SE Asia - Feb 20

MVPinBoynton

We have just posted the review of our February 20 Southeast Asia cruise on the Azamara Quest. We had an absolutely wonderful time in an amazing part of the world. With us taking over 5,400 photos and reducing that number to over 700 photos in the review, it had to be broken into two parts. Even breaking it up, it can take a long time to download. Please be patient. I have also included a section with menus and food photos that are linked to on each page. Carol has also put together a Snapfish photo album with captions with over 500 photos, many of which are of the people that were on the cruise. It also includes larger format photos of the ports. Enjoy! This is a link to our website.

WWW.thepreismans.com Click on the SE Asia button.

Thanks so much for the very nice comments. I am glad you are enjoying the review. It is a fascinating place to visit with so many things to see and do. I highly recommend this cruise if you are looking for a "Special Cruise".

I'm not sure I'll ever do an Asian cruise but we have 2 European ones booked - I really enjoyed the menus and pictures of the food! I'm hoping we see many of the same choices - do you think they tailored some of the menu items to your location or do the have fairly standard menus? Thanks again!

You rock! The menus and food pictures look so good I nearly have tears in my eyes. I'm so grateful to people like you and DrKoop who take time to do this sort of thing.

Can't wait to board Journey for two weeks in just a little over one month from today.

Hi Mike !

Thanks for your outstanding review and photos. I always feel like I am right there with you. Your trip is one I hope I get a chance to do someday. Welcome Home !

Would love to read your review and see your photos, but I'm not able to see it on the Azamara Quest Member Review Board. Also your SE Asia photos do not show up on your web site. What am I doing incorrectly to view these??

Jan

Would love to read your review and see your photos, but I'm not able to see it on the Azamara Quest Member Review Board. Also your SE Asia photos do not show up on your web site. What am I doing incorrectly to view these??

Jan

Jan,

My review isn't on the review board, just on my website www.thepreismans.com. When you go to the site, click on the SE Asia button. You will need to be patient if you don't have a high speed connection. The photos will download eventually.

Mike/Carol, thank you so much for taking time to do this....it must have taken ages to collate, and is way more helpful than anything I've seen elsewhere on Azamara.

We aren't taking the same trip next year, but go from Singapore to Dubai in April. Can't wait, and by the looks of the menus and food pics, I should start the diet now!!

David

Mike/Carol, thank you so much for taking time to do this....it must have taken ages to collate, and is way more helpful than anything I've seen elsewhere on Azamara.

We aren't taking the same trip next year, but go from Singapore to Dubai in April. Can't wait, and by the looks of the menus and food pics, I should start the diet now!!

David

It does take quite a lot of time, but it helps us to remember everything we did on this wonderful adventure. The food will have those unfortunate weight gain effects. But on a brighter note, I am now below where I was before the cruise in just 4 weeks. So two weeks of gorging equals 4 weeks of dieting. I think it was worth it. :)

Mike -

Great review and photos. Sorry to hear about the problems with your lens. I also read your review of the Tahitian Princess (now the Ocean Princess). Read your underwater camera malfunctioned in Tahiti. Hoping you have better camera luck in the future! I sailed on Oceania Insignia in South America and really enjoyed it. I like the R class ships a lot. What were the major differences between the Quest and Ocean Princess? I know they had a small refurb on the Ocean since your cruise but you might have some thoughts. I am booked on the Ocean for Jan 2011 from Bangkok to Shanghai. We plan to visit Chiang Mai before the cruise begins. Any thought on Azamara rebranding it Azamara Club?

This lens malfunction was much worse than in Tahiti, but fortunately I had my wide angle. When we were on the Tahitian/Ocean Princess we had a mini-suite. It was a much nicer cabin than what we had on the Quest; so it was a major difference. Of course I probably would have liked a mini on the Quest too. I really didn't find much difference in the ship itself other than different fabrics, chairs and lack of Polynesian artwork and motif. Which was a good thing, since the R ships are nicely designed. We found the food better than on the Quest; as well as the staff's attitude. Not that the TP had a bad attitude; but the people on the quest were in major customer satisfaction mode and they seemed to enjoy pleasing us. The little things like the towels and bathroom supplies were nicer on the Quest.

I don't see much value in the rebranding. But I'm a financial guy not a marketing guy. I do hope it brings success to the Azamara brand, since it is a quality product; but I think the rebranded pricing might make it a major challenge.

I'm not sure I'll ever do an Asian cruise but we have 2 European ones booked - I really enjoyed the menus and pictures of the food! I'm hoping we see many of the same choices - do you think they tailored some of the menu items to your location or do the have fairly standard menus? Thanks again!

The buffet did several theme type dinners. They served an excellent Thai buffet for dinner when we were in Bangkok. Another night they had Indian food, and another was British Pub. In the main dinning room, it was more of a local dish here, a local dish there type thing. No theme nights and the Thai soup, for example, could be on the menu anywhere in the world.

Archived