All Things Fantasy

NCTribeFan

You get the status if it occurs while you are on the cruise, so you should get a gold card.

The hotels I've used, the shuttles didn't pick us up until around noon. We didn't have an option to go earlier or I would've, since I'm platinum.

I may have to try the pizza again. I'm just pretty particular about my pizza and there are so many options that I know I like that I tend to stick with them (like my turkey & swiss on roll for lunch; love them!).

Of course, it's not like I'd have to pay for pizza and then pay for something else if I don't like it, right? I just see so much waste on cruises that I hate to add to it by getting something and not eating it.

Next cruise, I'll have more options anyway. I am looking forward to having a Guy's Burger! :D

Had a Guy's Burger about everyday on our cruise in June. They are something special.

Thanks for the info.

We are trying it out for the first time on the Fantasy in 3 weeks. I like the idea of prioriry boarding and having the room ready, plus the priority guest services line. Will let you know what we think

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

We are trying it out for the first time on the Fantasy in 3 weeks. I like the idea of prioriry boarding and having the room ready, plus the priority guest services line. Will let you know what we think

I'm on the Oct 23rd sailing. I've got to decide this week..... choices choices...

We did FTTF on our September 21 sailing. Here is a run down of my experience...

We got to port around 11:00 and were actually in the first bus to go over to the ship, so although we were taken through priority boarding, there wasn't much of a line there.

When we got on board, the heavy, metal doors were closed, but we were able to go to our room right away. Within minutes of getting our carry-on bags unpacked, our suitcases were being dropped off at our door. I had all unpacking done before we headed up to grab lunch at around 1:00.

The couple times I needed to go to Guest Services, I went through the Platinum/FTTF line and the representative would literally stop with the person they were helping to come over and start helping me.

Of course, on a Nassau/Freeport itinerary there is no tendering, so no benefit there.

We decided to do self disembark, so we didn't need the priority disembark service... However, it did appear to me that there were MANY fewer bags in the #1 and #2 areas than most of the others...

Overall, was it worth the $$$? You bet!!! Would do it again in a skinny minute!!!! :-) :-) :-)

Jules, I have Platinum so I don't need it, but if they had FTTF earlier, I would have jumped on it. Immediate access to your cabin is great! The dedicated guest services line is just wonderful to have throughout the cruise. I used to plan my trips to guest services around their busy times, but with the dedicated line, any time is fine. I'm sure you'll appreciate it greatly. Just wondering...Do you also get a dedicated phone line for guest services?

See you in a couple of weeks. Woohoo! Happy Halloween!

Jules, I have Platinum so I don't need it, but if they had FTTF earlier, I would have jumped on it. Immediate access to your cabin is great! The dedicated guest services line is just wonderful to have throughout the cruise. I used to plan my trips to guest services around their busy times, but with the dedicated line, any time is fine. I'm sure you'll appreciate it greatly. Just wondering...Do you also get a dedicated phone line for guest services?

I used FTTF in September on Liberty and yes we had a dedicated phone number to call.

I used FTTF in September on Liberty and yes we had a dedicated phone number to call.

All the more reason to get FTTF if you can. Before I got Platinum it used to drive me crazy being put on hold which what seemed like forever at times whenever I wanted to call guest services.

So you recent Fantasy sailors can tell me... do they show the same shows more than one night? For example, will the Brits show on multiple nights? We have lots of kids on this family cruise and I just wondered if we took turns with the kids and missed a show one night, could we catch it another night? Last time I sailed three years ago they did not do this, but in reading recent reviews something gave me the impression they now do.

Only five days to sailing!

So you recent Fantasy sailors can tell me... do they show the same shows more than one night? For example, will the Brits show on multiple nights? We have lots of kids on this family cruise and I just wondered if we took turns with the kids and missed a show one night, could we catch it another night? Last time I sailed three years ago they did not do this, but in reading recent reviews something gave me the impression they now do.

Have a wonderful TIME! I really can't say as I don't think I've seen a show in almost 20 years... always seem to miss them.

So somehow I got hooked into being the leader of a group from our Local VFW to go on the Fantasy.... and we are BOOKED! Next May a bunch of us from the islands and mainland will embark on a cruise with good friends. It's one of the cruises that goes to Little Stirrup Cay (CoCo cay for RCCL) instead of Freeport. So another cruise on a wonderful ship with great crew and friends to BOOT! YeaHa!

So somehow I got hooked into being the leader of a group from our Local VFW to go on the Fantasy.... and we are BOOKED! Next May a bunch of us from the islands and mainland will embark on a cruise with good friends. It's one of the cruises that goes to Little Stirrup Cay (CoCo cay for RCCL) instead of Freeport. So another cruise on a wonderful ship with great crew and friends to BOOT! YeaHa!

Me and the family are considering hitting the Fantasy again next spring on one of the Little Stirrup Cay/Nassau cruises. Don't ever wanna stop in Freeport again. Enjoy your cruise.

excellent!!

still trying to figure out which hotel to stay at before the cruise, but that's for the other thread. :o

Well, I didn't bring home all the FunTimes from this last trip and the ones from May are at the office. I seem to remember that at least one of the shows is on multiple nights. But I could be wrong.

Bob, I'm still thinking about the 5/6 sailing. The price jumped a lot after the previous sale. I'm considering an experiment where I'll return from my cruise next month WITHOUT having my next cruise already booked.

Curious to see if I'll get ANY emails or offers. I never receive anything (and why should the marketing people target me since I always have the next one already booked?), so it will be interesting to see what, if any, emails I receive.

Found my show schedule from last month...

Night 1- 10:00- Welcome Aboard show; 10:30- Motor City;

Night 2- 7:00 & 9:00- The Brits;

Night 3- 10:00- Showcase of Stars;

Night 4- nothing;

Night 5- 7:00 & 9:00- Motor City

Hope that helps!!!

Sent from my BNTV400 using Forums mobile app

Bob, I'm still thinking about the 5/6 sailing. The price jumped a lot after the previous sale. I'm considering an experiment where I'll return from my cruise next month WITHOUT having my next cruise already booked.

Curious to see if I'll get ANY emails or offers. I never receive anything (and why should the marketing people target me since I always have the next one already booked?), so it will be interesting to see what, if any, emails I receive.

This group sorta came together and the prices are a bit lower than what is offered right now. I think we are going to have a good time. email me if you want more info.

Thanks BrownCalico and Bob and Joan. That does help.

Bob, congrats on booking your group cruise! This is the first time we have sailed with a group so I will let you know how it goes. I have been Julie the Cruise Director for the whole thing, planning it all. I have done silly things... I have given our clan a name and ordered personalized drawstring backpacks and lanyards and stickers to wear. I have also made door decorations and bought white boards for our door so we can leave each other messages. My daughter says everyone on the ship will wish they were part of our clan! We will see what things are popular and I will let you know.

We booked this cruise back in May so to have less than 72 hours to go seems unreal!

Thanks BrownCalico and Bob and Joan. That does help.

Bob, congrats on booking your group cruise! This is the first time we have sailed with a group so I will let you know how it goes. I have been Julie the Cruise Director for the whole thing, planning it all. I have done silly things... I have given our clan a name and ordered personalized drawstring backpacks and lanyards and stickers to wear. I have also made door decorations and bought white boards for our door so we can leave each other messages. My daughter says everyone on the ship will wish they were part of our clan! We will see what things are popular and I will let you know.

We booked this cruise back in May so to have less than 72 hours to go seems unreal!

Do let me know how it goes... not sure I will go with backpacks but I plan on doing some stuff. Did you do your bookings thru a PVP or a TA?

Say HEY to Risa the CD, and tell her Bob and Jane from IOP say hey... Hope she is the CD next May, great lady.

Have a wonderful trip!

I went through a PVP and booked all the cabins at the same time. Every time I tried to call her extension after that, she was not available so I assume she left the company. But I was always put through to someone who could help. But she made sure our reservations were all linked so we have dinner together. We like anytime dining, but with a group I think it will be better to have assigned dining just so everyone knows where to be and when. I am not sure there is really anything more you need to do in terms of reservation.

Don't dismiss the backpacks! I got them from Oriental Trading for $30 per dozen with our slogan printed on the back! They are the perfect size for a carryon and to take on the island. We will see how much people usd them but I sure plan to use mine. The only problem is they all look alike! We will hae to get a Sharpie and put our names on them!

I don't know that I can commit to a full fledged review but I will certainly post my experiences once we return. Bon Voyage!