Are Azamara ships sailing full?

Erica@cruisecritic

I did not see that on their website.This was the info on the email:

BOOK A CLUB OCEANVIEW OR ABOVE STATEROOM

BY AUGUST 31, 2010, AND ALSO ENJOY $500 ONBOARD CREDIT

PER BOOKING

– AND –$1,000 CHOICEAIR CREDIT PER COUPLE

I guess it is just an extension of that previous offer.

I have gotten a couple of these offers in the mail and I swear they did not say for Europe 2010 only. Waiting for the specials for 2011.

yes waiting for the specials for europe for 2011 as well...the carib prices have come down and a nice promo has appeared even though the site does not work...

so things are happening...

all intended to fill those ships of course...

yes waiting for the specials for europe for 2011 as well...the carib prices have come down and a nice promo has appeared even though the site does not work...

Interesting. I did not notice a price change. Note on anything we are looking at anyway.

We have started to get email alerts from various ta,for europe the lead in price is simlar but throwing in free air from UK and obc even single pricing as well,the ocean view veranda story has now disappeared as an offer this is for 2010 sailings all over :):) ps the pricing is in uk pounds,no more 2 to 1 so i wont even convert it

I spoke to a TA regarding an European 2011 cruise and was told it was selling really well, so sounds like prices unlikely to go down. On that cruise the lowest Verandah is $4,449.pp before taxes and port charges. Additionally was told group rates were the same as individual. Additionally, Azamara is not allowing TA's to hold group rates for very long either.

I have gotten a couple of these offers in the mail and I swear they did not say for Europe 2010 only.

The email absolutely noted that the promotion was for all 2010 European cruises.

The promotion on the website indicates March 2011, but with no Europe cruises between Jan-Mar '11, then effectively it is 2010:

Set Sail to Europe in 2010 - and be Rewarded with 2-for-1 Savings and More...

• 2-for-1 Fares on all sailings through March 2011 regardless of booking date

• Gratuities Included for housekeeping, dining and bar staff on every voyage

• PLUS upgrade to Club Oceanview or above staterooms and receive:

• $500 Onboard Spending Credit per booking

• $1,000 ChoiceAir Credit per couple

I have gotten a couple of these offers in the mail and I swear they did not say for Europe 2010 only.

The email absolutely noted that the promotion was for all 2010 European cruises.

RANTHEMAN - I have also noted the same issue! I have the mail offers and they DO NOT state Europe 2010 only. Of course the differance is the $500.00 OBC for 2011. If anyone receives these mailing they should definitely save them. One I had was from a TA, but you know it was printed by Azamara and than TA's name added.

This might be a bit off topic but...after all of this talk about prices and perceived value, I had to go back and check our records on our cruise on the Renaissance R2 in March of 2000.

And, you won't believe this,or maybe you will since Renaissance went belly-up in September 2001.

We did a 11 day cruisetour from Lisbon to Barcelona on the R2 which is now operated by Oceania.

It included for two:

Round trip air from JFK.

Three nights in Lisbon(fantastic)

Five night cruise including gratuities(but not our bar tab)

Three nights in Barcelona(more fantastic).

TOTAL COST....$4526.00:eek::eek::eek:

Does anybody know if we can get the $500 OBC if we booked last fall before the prices jumped up so much? Thanks! Michele

You can call them and ask...

but usually they cancel and rebook with new prices and then you take the credit off that...

but it doesn't hurt to call and verify it

K

This might be a bit off topic but...after all of this talk about prices and perceived value, I had to go back and check our records on our cruise on the Renaissance R2 in March of 2000.

And, you won't believe this,or maybe you will since Renaissance went belly-up in September 2001.

We did a 11 day cruisetour from Lisbon to Barcelona on the R2 which is now operated by Oceania.

It included for two:

Round trip air from JFK.

Three nights in Lisbon(fantastic)

Five night cruise including gratuities(but not our bar tab)

Three nights in Barcelona(more fantastic).

TOTAL COST....$4526.00:eek::eek::eek:

During the time of Renaissance..

It was a different era for booking travel

Travel Agents were used exclusively for all facets of travel.

It was rare for anything else to occur especially with cruising.

Renaissance decided to cut travel agents out of the supply chain

Once they realized their mistake and apologized to the travel industry.. the travel agency community had taken a screw you stance..and refused to book their clients with them

Renaissance was practically giving away cruises as their demise approached..

Yes, there were other factors ...

but they essentially did it to themselves...

So, if you sailed on Renaissance then you received a VERY GOOD DEAL!

Considering the November Journey Transatlantic crossing. My travel agent did a live inventory count of available cabins estimated 33 - 36 cabins were still available about 5 1/2 months from the cruise date. This sounds favorable to filling up potentially.

oh of course you would be charged the new price...

but enjoy your sailing on the old one...I suspect there are still quite a few people who were wise enough to book way ahead of the new prices and are now the beneficiaries of their foresight...

as for some of the rest of us, we can just sigh, and hope to see some promising promotions in the future, so keep watching...

I did just that and they said I would be charged the higher price, so we will stick with our $25 OBC instead! :)

Why don't you try calling Customer Relations and then writing a letter. You may get something......I have done that in the past and it has worked.

• 3 weeks later...

We transferred our Journey booking for this Spring in December because of a Family Event Date Conflict to the Equinox for the October TA. Since then, I have shopped almost every week, looked at every promotion that we have received, and haven't seen anything which I wanted to book. This is the first time in the past three years that we are not holding an Azamara Booking, and it does feel different.

I can't get past the " 2 for 1 promotions" falsehood; I remain totally unconvinced that it isn't a scam. Show me a straight forward price, without an intention to deceive and I can deal with that.

I wish Azamara would do just that instead of the "promotions" that go away the minute you look at the website.

I can't get past the " 2 for 1 promotions" falsehood; I remain totally unconvinced that it isn't a scam. Show me a straight forward price, without an intention to deceive and I can deal with that.

I wish Azamara would do just that instead of the "promotions" that go away the minute you look at the website.

Greeneg..

I do feel the same as you about the promotions

In the past I felt very turned off on Oceania for the same approach. and I did study their website quite a bit and requested brochures..

just because of the fact that I love R ships.

but each time I thought Oceania had an itinerary that spoke to me, the 2 for 1/free air/air credit etc etc annoyed the hell out of me...

I don't want a math problem when I'm trying to plan my vacation...

If I'm going to have a math problem regarding my vacation it will have

to do with me in a wonderful market somewhere.. doing a mental currency conversion!!!!!

To everyone

my Oct 22 and Nov 3rd roll calls are picking up with new cruisers that have just booked.

Take note that Nov 3rd is the Holy Land, so in spite of recent activitiy with Israel,

people are still booking

Also on both sailings categories are sold out, which is very recent

I must first preface I am a TA. First off bad economy globally , issues politically globally, environmental disasters these all effect decisions to travel.

The larger cruise lines fill up but again based on pricing and large ship brand name appeal. We all must admit by us taking and or looking at Azamara as an option we are not looking for the most common denominator of a cruising experience. Ships must keep traveling / cruising even if not full. Question would you rather be on Carnival?

Azamara's re branding / positioning was to set it apart from Celebrity and RCI not to mirror it or others. Give the brand time to mature and fully blossom.

Is this not the real reason we cruise to enjoy not complain. We tend on this site to over analyze and shoot darts at things pick at stuff. Let's be a bit more positive verses reactive.

I can tell you the following I am booked on Azamara Journey in November Trans Atlantic Crossing I am not getting any agent rates and am traveling solo so paying single suppliants. I had several choices option wise for this itinerary I picked this because I wanted a different experience and try as many of the cruise lines / products as I can. Each has it's own good, soso, and not so good points. Each of us has are way to look at it and analyse it. The Journey for my November Trans Atlantic Crossing is about 75% full. May and early June tend to be slow booking months in general. Also remember Azamara is basically an adult cruise not a family cruise.

I was on Costa in Asia this March - April picked the trip not for Costa / cruising experience but the itinerary was awesome only cruise line that made 4 stops in Japan on a 14 day Asia cruise. I got a heck of a deal non agent rate was awesome 2 cabin up grade and single $1,200.00. It was hardly a luxury product / cruise more of a basic European Tourist Class Experience like staying at tourist class hotels in Europe but the outcome was a wonderful trip saw things I wanted to see met some great people on board the ship.

The glass / ship is half full look at the positive way :) Happy cruising to all

HSB248 / Hugh / aka MSU

Archived