LIVE from the RUBY PRINCESS - TRANSATLANTIC FLL - BARCELONA 4/19 -5/5/10

Pia1913

Pia,

Thanks for your posting. I will be anxious to find out if the waters were smooth or choppy for you. The idea of taking a ship and not flying to Europe intrigues me. Is this a repsitioning cruise. I'll check back with your travelog when I get back from my cruise. I leave this Sat( April24) on the Crown for the Western Carib.

Sali

Theater tonite has Jason Neistadt, the comic impersonator that we saw a bit of the first night. We will go to that. Explorers will have a juggler,

And now I will find out whether we have internet satellite, because we sure don't have any TV satellite.

We saw a juggler in Explorer's last year. He questioned why a juggler was given the venue with a low ceiling while the comedian was given the venue with an extremely high ceiling.

On our trans-Atlantics, we almost always had internet availability even when the satellite TV was unavailable.

(By the way, no satellite TV belies the Princess argument that no daily news summary is needed sice passengers can get all the news they need from TV.)

Hi Pia...

I am so jealous!! You know how hard I tried to be with you guys!!!

Glad you are having a good time... and that you actually enjoyed the show in the theatre!! Must be my mate Juan.. I said he was talented!!!

I told him to look out for the RubyFlames with their logo T-shirts etc..

Its a shame that he bought me two great gifts that I wont be able to get now!!.. as the Adventure of the Seas doesn't get to Barcelona til 15th May and the Ruby will be gone by then ..

I know there is a website to see if Adventure and Ruby are in the same port but I dont think it is...

Give my love to all the Flames...

Jonathan

iday morning, sunny and cool. Wind seems to have died down and seas are very smooth. There are people wearing shorts and others wearing velour warmup suits. Weather is in the eye of the beholder. Or at least in the body of the beholder. I am obviously just making chit chat while I try to think of what to write that would be different than what was written before. When you have a whole lot of sea days nothing much changes. Except the clock. Yes, lost another hour last night and we'll have that to look forward to again tonite..

I'd love to tell you something exciting will be happening today, but alas.............not to be. Shows tonight will be a repeat of last night and MUTS will have Sandra Bullock's The Blind Side. This afternoon in the theater they will be showing Nine. Some sort of game called "Who's the Cuckoo" will happen this afternoon; will check it out. Never heard of it. Last night they had Rock n Roll Pop Star in Club Fusion and they'll be doing it again tonight. For some reason Karaoke is in the afternoon. Guess they can't do both at the same time, but R & R is awful and I don't quite understand why they keep repeating it.

Oh...forgot. Jason Neistadt the comic impersonator. Started slow, but progressed well. Show was good. Especially when he picked someone from the audience who got more laughs than he did. Two lectures today; "The Great Papal Patrons of Rome" and "Money Pit: The Mystery of Oak Island." I will miss both.

Time to get dressed and head to a trivia loss. Status intact. Lost by one.

Life is like a roll of toilet paper ...the closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes...????

Life is like a roll of toilet paper ...the best breaks never come when they are expected!!! :rolleyes:

Life is like a roll of toilet paper ... it is wasted at a football match!! :)

Life is like a roll of toilet paper ...it falls apart when it's raining? :p

Life is NOT like a roll of toilet paper ... it's better out the closet!!! :cool:

We are asking this question on this board because it is a "live from". We are sailing on the Sapphire, Sydney to LA in late October and are wondering about about purchasing a "soda card" for the cruise. We are not huge soda drinkers but wonder if smoothies etc are included? How much is the card and how many times can it be used? Our cruise is 29 days. Another question, we are Platinum members and as such receive the 250 internet minutes does that amount increase because of the length of the cruise?

One last question how many shares of Carnival Cruises do we need to receive the onboard credit?

With many thanks for all your help.

Midge

We are asking this question on this board because it is a "live from". We are sailing on the Sapphire, Sydney to LA in late October and are wondering about about purchasing a "soda card" for the cruise. We are not huge soda drinkers but wonder if smoothies etc are included? How much is the card and how many times can it be used? Our cruise is 29 days. Another question, we are Platinum members and as such receive the 250 internet minutes does that amount increase because of the length of the cruise?

One last question how many shares of Carnival Cruises do we need to receive the onboard credit?

Midge

You have two choices:

1. Soda sticker - $4.25 per day plus 15% tip. Includes unlimited fountain sodas (coke products). No room service and no cans.

2. Ultimate card - $9.00 per say plus 15% tip. Includes above sodas, plus mocktails and smoothies.

You have two choices:

1. Soda sticker - $4.25 per day plus 15% tip. Includes unlimited fountain sodas (coke products). No room service and no cans.

2. Ultimate card - $9.00 per say plus 15% tip. Includes above sodas, plus mocktails and smoothies.

Thank you very much Paul. They are more costly than we thought. We certainly do not drink $9.00 worth daily so will stick to the way we have done it before and buy what we want when we want.

Midge

Another question, we are Platinum members and as such receive the 250 internet minutes does that amount increase because of the length of the cruise?

Midge

250 minutes for 14 days and longer, sorry but if you are both Platinum you both get 250 minutes. On the first day I set up an account for both of us and have yet to run out and I usually do a live thread.

Stock question, you require 100 shares in Carnival -- currently trading at just over $41 -- you would get a $250 obc for 14 day or longer cruise

Thank you very much Paul. They are more costly than we thought. We certainly do not drink $9.00 worth daily so will stick to the way we have done it before and buy what we want when we want.

Midge

yes I agree with you - unless you are high soda drinkers I usually just purchase a can here and there, and I also bring some soda on board. Juice is avail in the morning in the Horizon Court and thru room service. We usually order a few extra and store in the fridge for later.

Midge -

You need to own 100 shares of Carnival to get the onboard credit.

It was nice to see you post. Say "Hi" to Michael for me. By the way, we are doing the Ruby TA in October, 2011. Any chance of you guys joining us?

Carolyn and Richard

250 minutes for 14 days and longer, sorry but if you are both Platinum you both get 250 minutes. On the first day I set up an account for both of us and have yet to run out and I usually do a live thread.

Stock question, you require 100 shares in Carnival -- currently trading at just over $41 -- you would get a $250 obc for 14 day or longer cruise

If the cruise is 20 days or longer, the Elite/Platinum credit is $200 which is 500 minutes and a little left over.

Midge -

It was nice to see you post. Say "Hi" to Michael for me. By the way, we are doing the Ruby TA in October, 2011. Any chance of you guys joining us?

Carolyn and Richard

In addition to owning the 100 shares, you must also send proof of ownership to Princess after making final payment and enough before final payment to allow time to process.

Midge -

Carolyn and Richard

Thanks Carolyn and Richard for both the number of shares answer and for saying "hello". Don't think we will be joining the group this time. Will miss seeing you.

Midge and Michael

Archived