LIVE from the RUBY PRINCESS - TRANSATLANTIC FLL - BARCELONA 4/19 -5/5/10

Pia1913

Hi from the beautiful Ruby Princess where I will try to keep you informed and perhaps also entertained during the next 16 days enroute to Barcelona.

There was a delay in boarding this morning due to some immigration problem with the arriving passengers. So instead of being in our cabin before noon, we didn't get in until about 12:20 PM. Once they started moving, move they did. While waiting we happened to meet some of our Roll Call people and our official M and G will be tomorrow.

We just came back from muster and now will watch sailaway with our friends from their balcony. The port side has a better view and this trip we are on starboard.

Of course being the first day, there's not yet anything to report. Of interest though, is a new menu the the Elite, suite ande platinum guests, 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM in Skywalkers. Every night's drink special has been reduced from $5.00 to $2.99, and the same items are still present; i.e. steak tartare, shrimp, stilton, etc.

More later. Time for sailaway.

Hi from the beautiful Ruby Princess where I will try to keep you informed and perhaps also entertained during the next 16 days enroute to Barcelona.

There was a delay in boarding this morning due to some immigration problem with the arriving passengers. So instead of being in our cabin before noon, we didn't get in until about 12:20 PM. Once they started moving, move they did. While waiting we happened to meet some of our Roll Call people and our official M and G will be tomorrow.

We just came back from muster and now will watch sailaway with our friends from their balcony. The port side has a better view and this trip we are on starboard.

Of course being the first day, there's not yet anything to report. Of interest though, is a new menu the the Elite, suite ande platinum guests, 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM in Skywalkers. Every night's drink special has been reduced from $5.00 to $2.99, and the same items are still present; i.e. steak tartare, shrimp, stilton, etc.

Pia;

Thanks for taking the time to post your live from thread. Hope you have a great cruise.....:):):)

Bob

Pia,

Watched you leave Port Everglades on Inletcam. We were on the Ruby last year for the TA and Med. It was fabulous. I was so envious today because we love the Ruby and her crew, but we are embarking the Star on Saturday for her TA and Baltic cruise. Have a wonderful cruise. Is Generoso the Maitre'd? Is Godwin, the best head waiter there also? Love your "Lives".

Helen

My boss is on the Celebrity Equinox that is also doing a transatlantic leaving FLL today. But hers is 14 days to Rome. I'm hoping that both of you have a wonderful, relaxing time. I can't wait to do my first TA in Sept! Bon voyage!! :D

'Glad it has finally begun! Jim dropped friends off for the Celebrity TA and said the Ruby is huge - wish we were on board. The sun came out for sailaway to shine a good omen on your two cruises and ours in the Med. 'Looking forward to hearing from you! Karen

See ya in Barcelona!!! julie

Have a great time, Pia. Good luck in Trivia. :-) Wonder if the immigration delay was caused by people switching from flying to Europe to cruising to Europe because of the volcano problem.

Archived