LIVE from the RUBY PRINCESS - TRANSATLANTIC FLL - BARCELONA 4/19 -5/5/10

Pia1913

Keep the postings coming and let us know what we are missing.

Managed to re-schedule our cruise and wedding to the Grand departing Southampton on 7th August. Princess, the Wedding Experience and our TA have all been brilliant in hepling us to rearrange things.

Just jumping in for a minute while I wait for coffee to brew. Our M and G this morning had a huge attendance. I would venture to guess about 80+ and possibly more. Capt wonderful showed up, as did the chief purser, food and bev manager, CD and MD Generoso. Capt. McCharming (Yeomans) told me he is getting off in Barcelona and Tony Draper will be our new captain. And to the person who asked, yes, Capt. Yeomans will be here in July.

Thanks so much, Pia, I appreciate it. I thought I had read on here Capt. Yeomans would be aboard in July, but we got an email saying Capt. Draper would be onboard. :confused: I hope it's Capt. Yeomans, I've heard such good things about him. If you don't mind, could you find out who the CD will be in July?

What a gorgeous day. The sun is shining, the seas are calm; slight wind; all's well with the Ruby Princess. Gym this morning was crowded, but managed to grab a treadmill at 7:20. Unfortunately mine had a broken incline, so those few extra calories didn't burn. There's always tomorrow.

Last night we saw the comedian Cary Long; very enjoyable. We did dress for formal night, went to Michelangelo where Roger has now assigned us a table for six set for four at approx. 6:15. Didn't like the menu so had chicken breast and broccoli. Works for me!

The Patter is again loaded with things to do today. Not enough hours in the day to do it all. One of our friends stated that on HAL there is nothing to do and here there is almost too much. Too much is better. We only played trivia once yesterday; there were three. Lost by one. I am not enthused with trivia, this ship has gone the route of coupons, whereby you redeem for prizes at the end of thr cruise. They claim bragging rights are more important. Ha! Cost containment; that's what's important.

We have no agenda today except for morning trivia. Perhaps we will see the movie "Did you hear about the Morgan's". Nobody told me about them so I guess I'll have to find out for myself. We will try to attend the production show tonight; Stardust. I don't remember seeing it, so perhaps I've only seen it once. Or could it be not at all?

Had a nice chat with Generose this morning up in Horizon Ct. This man always looks impeccable, be it 8 in the morning or 8 at night. And of course, a very nice man.

Donna: paperweight doesn't look good. This morning's patter Capt. Circle area asking about passengers with more than 400 days. Looks like this voyage will have lots of big number cruisers. It will be interesting to see what the cutoff will be for the luncheon.

Larry: Roger laughed. He also told me what it was about. Hoo Hoo

Need to finish dressing and start my official day. Bye

We had the coupon trivia on the Grand Princess. If I remember correctly something like 2 or 3 coupons for a deck of cards.

In case you get a chance to check in with the "live" before you go see the movie. 3 1/2 * on Netflix

After witnessing a murder, high-powered -- and estranged -- wife Meryl (Sarah Jessica Parker) and husband Paul (Hugh Grant) Morgan must say good-bye to sophisticated Manhattan when they enter the witness protection program together and land in Wyoming. At odds, they attempt to adjust to small-town life in this charming comedy that also stars Sam Elliott, Mary Steenburgen and Elisabeth Moss

We had the coupon trivia on the Grand Princess. If I remember correctly something like 2 or 3 coupons for a deck of cards.

In case you get a chance to check in with the "live" before you go see the movie. 3 1/2 * on Netflix

After witnessing a murder, high-powered -- and estranged -- wife Meryl (Sarah Jessica Parker) and husband Paul (Hugh Grant) Morgan must say good-bye to sophisticated Manhattan when they enter the witness protection program together and land in Wyoming. At odds, they attempt to adjust to small-town life in this charming comedy that also stars Sam Elliott, Mary Steenburgen and Elisabeth Moss

That great only one or two coupons for a deck of cards. Are they the same ones they give away at the Purser's Desk? I know, I am being a spoil sport.

Too bad about the trivia - expect we'll see more of that, though - probably easier for the staff and cheaper for Princess, too. Surprised you haven't already gotten the low down on the lunch & paperweight situation, though.

We're enjoying our 'virtual cruise' with you as always, although not as much as if we were with you, of course! Also good to know what the likely movie offerings will be in June! How was/were the Morgans? and the new show?

Hi Pia, was so happy to see another live thread by you.

I love that they have dropped the price of the drinks for the Elite/Platinum/Suite lounge to $2.99 I may go more often then.

The coupons for prizes must be a James - the CD - thing as when we were on the Ruby this past Jan they gave out prizes. But last year when we were on a ship with James it was coupons. I didn't mind this so much because I could pick and choose what I wanted; however we were on a b2b and the secound sailing the cost per prize had gone up! Talk about inflation.

I will keep following, thanks again.

The coupons for prizes must be a James - the CD - thing as when we were on the Ruby this past Jan they gave out prizes. But last year when we were on a ship with James it was coupons. I didn't mind this so much because I could pick and choose what I wanted; however we were on a b2b and the secound sailing the cost per prize had gone up! Talk about inflation.

I think you might be right about this being a - James the (CD) thing. He was the Cruise Director on the Grand Princess when we had coupons for prizes.

That great only one or two coupons for a deck of cards. Are they the same ones they give away at the Purser's Desk? I know, I am being a spoil sport.

No, they must have splurged as our box had two sets of cards in it.:p

What a gorgeous day. The sun is shining, the seas are calm; slight wind; all's well with the Ruby Princess. Gym this morning was crowded, but managed to grab a treadmill at 7:20. Unfortunately mine had a broken incline, so those few extra calories didn't burn. There's always tomorrow.

Last night we saw the comedian Cary Long; very enjoyable. We did dress for formal night, went to Michelangelo where Roger has now assigned us a table for six set for four at approx. 6:15. Didn't like the menu so had chicken breast and broccoli. Works for me!

The Patter is again loaded with things to do today. Not enough hours in the day to do it all. One of our friends stated that on HAL there is nothing to do and here there is almost too much. Too much is better. We only played trivia once yesterday; there were three. Lost by one. I am not enthused with trivia, this ship has gone the route of coupons, whereby you redeem for prizes at the end of thr cruise. They claim bragging rights are more important. Ha! Cost containment; that's what's important.

We have no agenda today except for morning trivia. Perhaps we will see the movie "Did you hear about the Morgan's". Nobody told me about them so I guess I'll have to find out for myself. We will try to attend the production show tonight; Stardust. I don't remember seeing it, so perhaps I've only seen it once. Or could it be not at all?

Had a nice chat with Generose this morning up in Horizon Ct. This man always looks impeccable, be it 8 in the morning or 8 at night. And of course, a very nice man.

Donna: paperweight doesn't look good. This morning's patter Capt. Circle area asking about passengers with more than 400 days. Looks like this voyage will have lots of big number cruisers. It will be interesting to see what the cutoff will be for the luncheon.

How's the weather??? Have been keeping up with the ship's course as we will be on the Crown on 5/1. Wondering how the temps are.

Have a great cruise. We got off on the 19th and had a fantastic time.:)

There was a problem with immigration. Only 4 of 6 showed up, so it slowed up by the middle of the pack. No problem, we just enjoyed siiting in the dining room and chatting with the staff.:):)

We got bupkis at trivia......:D

Have a great cruise. We got off on the 19th and had a fantastic time.:)

There was a problem with immigration. Only 4 of 6 showed up, so it slowed up by the middle of the pack. No problem, we just enjoyed siiting in the dining room and chatting with the staff.:):)

We got bupkis at trivia......:D

Wow...we were off by 8:10. The customs guy even complimented me for filling in the form correctly "In Transit" for my US address. Once he did that I felt secure knowing secondary inspection would be unlikely.

Its great following you on Cruise Critic and we will be following you on the Star Princess as we begin our crossing this Saturday. I believe we both will be visiting the Azores but then we head north towards Copenhagen. Please continue to post the weather and sea conditions so we know what lies ahead.

Good Thursday Morning which us overcast, cool and windy. We lost an hour last night and will lose another one tonight. I still managed to get to the gym at the same time this morning, so this time change hasn't killed me yet.

I must tell you that the new show Stardust was very entertaining. It's great when we get to see something we haven't seen over and over and over again. Also, no mention has been made of the infamous Motor City, so I guess they've decided not to do it on this itinerary.

Mike is rushing out right now to attend a complimentary lecture on Power Point. Sometimes he pays for these various computer programs but never utilizes his new found knowledge at home. Keeps him happy; OK with me. Afterwards he will meet me for a l session of trivia where we will probably lost by one.

Yes, we did find out What Happened to the Morgans and yes, liked it. No brainer cute fluff, but laughingly enjoyable. Late movie shown in the theater last night was Precious, but we had already seen it. MUTS tonight has Nine, which I understand was a bomb. Then again, too cold for us to watch an outdoor movie anyway. Theater tonite has Jason Neistadt, the comic impersonator that we saw a bit of the first night. We will go to that. Explorers will have a juggler, so I suppose tomorrow we will have nothing to attend. Jugglers are never on our menu.

We already have gotten our invites to the Captain's Circle cocktail party of which there will be four; two on Friday nite smart casual and two Saturday nite; formal. Lots of repeaters on board. And no, we are not in the top three. We are #7. I asked. Most travelled luncheon will be Sunday in Sabatini's.

And now I will find out whether we have internet satellite, because we sure don't have any TV satellite.

G'day Pia!

I can't believe I have missed this thread for three days. My bad!!!!!

Thanks for posting "live" - I wish I was with you though :mad: I want to do the Meditteranen so bad. Maybe 2012 - will you and Mike come with us?

Enjoy the rest of the cruise..... I will be reading :D

Hello to Mike :)

We already have gotten our invites to the Captain's Circle cocktail party of which there will be four; two on Friday nite smart casual and two Saturday nite; formal. Lots of repeaters on board. And no, we are not in the top three. We are #7. I asked. Most travelled luncheon will be Sunday in Sabatini's.

How do they decide who to invite to the casual smart and who to invite to the formal? LOL

Archived