Brunch...Worth it or NOT?

MIAMIMEDIA

I have read many rave reviews about the brunch served in the MDR. Most postings refers to the brunch being held on a Tuesday of a seven day cruise. We will be in Grand Cayman (7AM-4PM) that day.

When is the brunch really held?

On a port day?

At what time?

Do many people attend if we are in port?

Thanks in advance

We enjoyed in on the Equinox in December; and, it was on a sea day. However, it was a ten night cruise; hence, it might differ for a shorter cruise. By the way, it was outstanding; and, I believe that it commenced at about 11:00 A.M.

There were 2 Brunches on the 10 day 4/9 Mercury Cruise.

Both were on Sea Days. You can check with Celebrity to find out if this is the standard time to schedule Brunches.

They are great! Hope you get to enjoy one during your cruise. :)

Loved the brunch. I am pretty sure that it will always be on a sea day. It was on a Tuesday on the Soltstice but it was sort of a sea day. We were going to St. Juan and were not scheduled to arrive until 2pm. We were still at sea during the brunch. I think on the Eastern Med the brunch was on the 1st sea day. We missed it because we didn't know to look for it. Our tablemates told us how great it was and so we were looking for it on our last trip.

You definitely dont want to miss the brunch and I am sure it wont be planned for a port day. It beats the midnight/chocolate buffets on other lines hands-down

I have read many rave reviews about the brunch served in the MDR. Most postings refers to the brunch being held on a Tuesday of a seven day cruise. We will be in Grand Cayman (7AM-4PM) that day.

Relates to Solstice's Eastern Caribbean itinerary [which, until last Sunday, has been the only Caribbean routing (with two minor variations) that Solstice has done]...

Solstice's first Western Caribbean cruise ends at Port Everglades tomorrow... You should be able to get a definitive answer to your inquiry once those returning guests start to post/offer reviews of the April 25 trip here...

We will be on our first TA in 2011. We have enjoyed the Brunch experience before and love it. Does anyone know when/how many there are on a TA? We will be on the Solstice. Thanks

Have not sailed on Celebrity in a while ... last time we sailed no brunch existed. Do they serve brunch on all the ships - or only on the newer ships. We are sailing on the Summit - a 7 day to Bermuda on May 16th.

If they serve on all ships, I will look for it - would not want to miss from the description and satisfied response about it. Thanks. :)

It has always been on a sea day - although I read a report of one cruise which arrived at port mid afternoon and had the brunch that day since the normal ending time (1 or 2PM) would be before they arrived at port.

The selection and organization has varied from cruise to cruise. On some it was very unorganized so it was difficult to find a clean table that you knew wasn't being used. On our last cruise this was much more organized and we were directed to a table for seating and told to arrange something on the table (can't remember what) so they could tell when we were at the buffet getting food.

It is definitely worth checking out at least once. On most cruises we've enjoyed it. On one longer cruise with two brunches we found it was not that great and really enjoyed the fact that during the second brunch (which we skipped) the regular buffet area was much less crowded than normal at noon

It has always been on a sea day - although I read a report of one cruise which arrived at port mid afternoon and had the brunch that day since the normal ending time (1 or 2PM) would be before they arrived at port.

On Solstice's Eastern Caribbean itinerary... The ship arrives in San Juan at 2:00 PM on Tuesday afternoon... The brunch has been held prior to arrival in Puerto Rico...

We tried the brunch a few years ago. We were seated on the second level of the MDR, and the buffet was set up on the lower level. We were directed to a table - and then had to climb up and down the circular stairway to the buffet area. Tables on the lower level are reserved for handicapped and those unable to manage the stairs.

Food was great - but not worth the effort. It was a bit rocky that day - and people were tipping all over the stairway.

If you haven't been and you enjoy buffet style food, then check it out. But, be sure to go EARLY - if you go too late, the food will be pretty picked over/cold and seating is limited.

Also, I concur with others. The brunch will almost definitely be on a sea day, not a port day.

Are those in Aquaclass allowed to eat in MDR for the brunch? Aquaclass gets to eat in Blu without reservations or charge. Is there a charge for Aquaclass to use MDR?

You can eat in the MDR for any breakfast, brunch or lunch meal with no reservation and no charges and no advance arrangements. Dinner would require some advance arrangement and you'd need to speak with one of the Asst. Maitre d's about that - but it would likely be Ok and there should not be a charge.

Have not sailed on Celebrity in a while ... last time we sailed no brunch existed. Do they serve brunch on all the ships - or only on the newer ships. We are sailing on the Summit - a 7 day to Bermuda on May 16th.

If they serve on all ships, I will look for it - would not want to miss from the description and satisfied response about it. Thanks. :)

The Mercury, one of the older ships, serves the lunch buffet.

Hope you enjoy it. What a nice option to have! :)

We loved the brunch on the Equinox; and, I wonder if there will be two of the aforesaid on our 14 night Constellation cruise this December. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

On the 14 night cruises we've taken there has been two - although those were TA's with lots of sea days.

Mimi, I have been on ships older than Summit and brunch was served so I am guessing they will have it on our sailing. We could go together if you

want:D:).

This will be our first cruise on X since '06 and I don't remember a brunch then (could have been....just didn't know about it).

Is there a fee for this or is it included as a regular meal? Is the dress the same as the regular breakfast and lunch in the MDR?

Please tell us X brunch newbies all about it.

Archived