It gets wet

brekin67

You should clarify what ports you are talking about and what you are planning on doing at those ports? I personally never let my S&S card out of my sight, or really out of my possession at anytime. I keep it in board shorts when I go swimming.

For the most part, the answer is NO. We either: A - take turns going in the water. B - Leave our valuables in the beach bag and trust that 99.99% of humanity are not thieves. or you could C - Buy one of these.

WTZGBI.JPG

For the most part, the answer is NO. We either: A - take turns going in the water. B - Leave our valuables in the beach bag and trust that 99.99% of humanity are not thieves. or you could C - Buy one of these.

WTZGBI.JPG

they sell something simular to this on the ship in the gift shop. it's also waterproof and i'll be using mine in two days!!!:D

We use the same thing for our cards and cash. As another poster said, if you have other valuables, take turns going into the water.

I was on RCL a couple of years ago and went to one of their private islands and heard a heated conversation. A woman was complaining that her purse was missing. She went parasailing and left her purse on the beach because someone told her it was OK. Of course, that person was not around when she came back.

Be careful of the ones you can buy on the ship gift shop as they are really

poor quality. We purchase 2 of them the last 3 or 4 years. The last only

a few days. The plastic hinge breaks off with normal use.

Spring a few more $$ and buy one before you leave at a dive shop or

a good sporting good shop. Or online you can find good ones for a nice

price.

We purchased the pelican microcases 1010. They are a little bigger but you can

a small camera or phone it as well.

http://www.pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=1010

I found my last one at basspro for $13.00

I use the Aloksak. They are like Ziploc's but they are certified waterproof to depths of 60 Meters. I use them when SCUBA diving to hold my S&S card, C-Card, Passport, and cash. Never had one leak. You can get them at Amazon and REI along with many other locations.

41AXS17KWDL._AA300_.jpg

WTZGBI.JPG

I'll never use this style again after the CC one I ordered here opened up while snorkeling and both our driver's licenses, credit cards, and s&s cards ended up on the reef in St. John. Cash gone as well - it floated away I guess. I also had one I bought on the ship our first cruise but the pin rusted out of the hinge after the second use. Thankfully we had the best tour guides ever who dove down and retrieved my stuff after a fellow CC member spotted my DL while snorkeling. :) I thought everything was gone for good - I didn't notice when it opened up and just looked down to it open and everything gone. :eek:

They make dry packs similar that are kind of like a heavy duty ziploc bag - will use those next time.

What do we do with our sail and sign card, and items we take into port with us?

Are their lockers available to store our things at the beach while we swim?

Thanks,

My Drivers license, S&S card and credit card are unaffected by water. Even cash is waterproof, tho a nuisance to use if wet. So I use the zipper pocket in my swim trunks. Next trip I will use a ziplok bag for the cash in an effort to keep it dry.

If the ink on your US $$ runs when wet, you have big problems that have little to do with swimming... ;)

Your S&S card is plastic...water won't hurt it. Water won't hurt money, either! Or, your credit card!

It's more a matter of not losing them, than them getting wet.

But what about your passport? Not waterproof. If I remember correctly, don't we have to bring them off the ship at the Mexican/Caribbean ports?

But what about your passport? Not waterproof. If I remember correctly, don't we have to bring them off the ship at the Mexican/Caribbean ports?

No, leave them in the safe in your cabin. S&S card and drivers license (plus cash/credit card) is all you need to take off.

Amy, that is correct, you do not need to take your passports off the ship. We put ours in the safe. It used to be you could take them to Guest Services and they'd have them stamped, but I hear they are not doing that any longer.

What do we do with our sail and sign card, and items we take into port with us?

Are their lockers available to store our things at the beach while we swim?

Thanks,

Shhh, I put my money and stuff.......

.......way way down in the toe of my shoe, :cool::cool::cool:

Knowone will ever think to look in there,

I also put a loaded mouse trap

in the toe area last, so if you reach in,

the alarm goes off and I hear you yelling and can come running.

1667352377_220px-Mausefalle_300px1.jpg.b07041ddb707b0caa0fe08fb4ed0ca61.jpg

I just returned from a cruise and used a waterproof pouch I bought from West Marine. It worked GREAT! I put my camera in it (not a waterproof camera), and other things (sign & sail, money, etc.) swam with it and everything was dry when done. I highly recommend theirs. Cost was $12.99 + tax for the size I got. If you don't have a West Marine in your area, check with a local dive shop. Some days we did take turns watching each others stuff. Just depends on what you are doing at what port.

Go prepared, so you don't have to worry and have fun whatever you do.... We sure did!

My Drivers license, S&S card and credit card are unaffected by water. Even cash is waterproof, tho a nuisance to use if wet. So I use the zipper pocket in my swim trunks. Next trip I will use a ziplok bag for the cash in an effort to keep it dry.

If the ink on your US $$ runs when wet, you have big problems that have little to do with swimming... ;)

LMAO-thanks for making my day brighter!!!

Archived