Bermuda private guide

fancycroozer

DrivesLikeMario...I would think you could email a couple of guides, tell them the times you are looking for, and ask if they've any requests to share at those times. I know when I emailed Dennis Hollis, he responded pretty quickly with very detailed questions for me back. It's amazing how many requests they get, so if you get the word out there what you are looking for, they'd keep that in mind.

Also, you could ask any tour guide if they can schedule in a shorter tour taking just the 2 of you. We didn't take a super long tour and still saw plenty! Hope any of this helps.

Edited by SunnyAJ

Does anyone have a phone number for Colin Jennings?

I just found his email, too. Here is the email for Colin Jennings: colinjenningstaxi@yahoo.com

We didn't end up using him, but he was terrific to correspond with. I think it was just luck in the end that Dennis got back to me first.

I have lots of information and pictures of Bermuda on my website if anyone is interested.

http://www.myvirtualvacations.net/bermuda.html

DrivesLikeMario...I would think you could email a couple of guides, tell them the times you are looking for, and ask if they've any requests to share at those times. I know when I emailed Dennis Hollis, he responded pretty quickly with very detailed questions for me back. It's amazing how many requests they get, so if you get the word out there what you are looking for, they'd keep that in mind.

Also, you could ask any tour guide if they can schedule in a shorter tour taking just the 2 of you. We didn't take a super long tour and still saw plenty! Hope any of this helps.

Thank you, that does help and I'll do that for sure. :)

Since there are only 2 of us, I'm looking for an organized tour we can join. I had a link to one but have lost it. I don't want a taxi driver because it won't be cost-effective for us. I've tried our roll call and no one wants to do a tour.

Does anyone know of a tour operator that will allow you to join in on a tour they have organized?

HI We are on your sailing & might be interested in sharing a tour with you.

What were you wanting to see? You can email me, fxychr19@verizon.net,

Cheryl

Heidi Cowen, Byways Bermuda Tours, is a native Bermudian & gives wonderful tours. She grew up in the house next to Gibbs Lighthouse as her grandfather was the last lightkeeper. She's there to meet you when you get off the ship, has a good sized little bus (think it holds 7 or 8) & yes, she allows people to join those that she's already booked. She gives an excellent tour, asks specifically beforehand if there are places that you specifically want to go & takes you there, lunch is included & you spend about 6 - 7 hours with her. We thoroughly enjoyed her as well as her tour! Her email is bermudafootsteps@logic.bm.

• 4 months later...

I'm considering a taxi or blue flag tour when we arrive May 11 on the Summit. Are the taxis or whatever vehicles they use comfortable for a party of 4? We are only2 but I'd post on the cruise connection page for our trip.

Thanks, Ed

I'm considering a taxi or blue flag tour when we arrive May 11 on the Summit. Are the taxis or whatever vehicles they use comfortable for a party of 4? We are only2 but I'd post on the cruise connection page for our trip.

Thanks, Ed

Most of the taxis are similar to mini vans, and many can even accommodate up to seven passengers, so yes, four people should be comfortable in a taxi.

If you have a group of 5 - 7 passengers the hourly tour rate for a taxi is $70 as opposed to $50 for a group of 1 - 4 passengers.

Most of the taxis are similar to mini vans, and many can even accommodate up to seven passengers, so yes, four people should be comfortable in a taxi.

If you have a group of 5 - 7 passengers the hourly tour rate for a taxi is $70 as opposed to $50 for a group of 1 - 4 passengers.

edepa - We had a mini-van also. It's really what the driver has, so you can ask when booking. Dennis drives his mini-van and it was very comfortable for all four of us. You will love having a private tour!

Edited by SunnyAJ

We are a family of 4 adults. I am looking for a private tour, around four hours. I have some things that are important to us and flexible on the rest. Seeing you all seem to have experience, I thought you could help me with my situation. One of my sons is 22 and has Autism. He is a big boy, nonverbal, pretty easygoing but can be loud at times. So I need someone who has patience. With you all having met some, would you recommend anyone who would be ok with this?

We are a family of 4 adults. I am looking for a private tour, around four hours. I have some things that are important to us and flexible on the rest. Seeing you all seem to have experience, I thought you could help me with my situation. One of my sons is 22 and has Autism. He is a big boy, nonverbal, pretty easygoing but can be loud at times. So I need someone who has patience. With you all having met some, would you recommend anyone who would be ok with this?

I loved the guide, Dennis Hollis, that we used. He was softspoken and extremely patient. I also have a son with ADHD and was concerned prior that the driving would be too much. That's one of the reasons we opted for a small, private tour instead of having to hold up a bus load of people!! We booked Dennis for 3 or 4 hours (don't remember which) and he knows exactly where to stop based on your interests. Many of the spots (i.e. Gibbs Lighthouse, church) had large areas to run and stretch a bit. He also has a pretty roomy van. I'm sure lots of drivers there are good, but that was our experience. Hope this helps a bit!

Hi CTKaren, I'm all about researching and preparing! Here is his email: dwhollis@logic.bm (Hopefully he hasn't changed it.) He responded to me pretty quickly. Not sure when your cruise is, but I was able to reserve him months before. I wanted it done and done! He emailed a confirmation about a week before with meeting instructions, then texted us when he arrived at the ship.

Edited by SunnyAJ

You can find taxis at the Dockyard, and they may be perfectly satisfactory but a guide by the hour will be cheaper and probably better.

The guide should have a decal on his window and an ID that says he is a blue flag guide. Sometimes these things are counterfeited. So getting one in advance is better if you can do it.

Hi CTKaren, I'm all about researching and preparing! Here is his email: dwhollis@logic.bm (Hopefully he hasn't changed it.) He responded to me pretty quickly. Not sure when your cruise is, but I was able to reserve him months before. I wanted it done and done! He emailed a confirmation about a week before with meeting instructions, then texted us when he arrived at the ship.

Thanks for your info. We booked Dennis for our trip in June. Explained our situation to him and he was fine with it!

Thanks for your info. We booked Dennis for our trip in June. Explained our situation to him and he was fine with it!

So glad to hear! Have a great time on your cruise. I can't wait to go back to Bermuda one day myself - I loved it!

I just found his email, too. Here is the email for Colin Jennings: colinjenningstaxi@yahoo.com

We didn't end up using him, but he was terrific to correspond with. I think it was just luck in the end that Dennis got back to me first.

I have lots of information and pictures of Bermuda on my website if anyone is interested.

http://www.myvirtualvacations.net/bermuda.html

Awesome link. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for this info. Good to know. I have contacted a couple of tour operators and one gave me a quote of $75 per hr. for 5 to 7 people and one has given me a quote of $70. At least I know what kind of quotes to expect. Thanks again. We will be visiting in May 2016.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

has anyone gotten any responses from him? (colin Jennings) mis typed in the header

I emailed middle of April and tried a second time and no response...

Bernadette

Edited by BratDet
spelling/typing error