Do you want the steel drum band back and playing more on deck?

steveaaaaa

Do you want the steel drum band back and playing more on deck?  

925 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the steel drum band back and playing more on deck?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care

Thank God, they dont have "Faux" news on. It is nice to know, they are people with at least half a brain sailing on the High Seas. You betcha ;)

Just curious, why is it you think that people who watch Fox have less than half a brain?

Your "more than half brained" arrogance is exactly what Fox (and the Tea Party) rally around. You just validated their point.

Does anybody actually believe Olberman is smarter than O'Rielly? How 'bout Maddow vs Van Sustren? (I'd have to agree that Hannity and Matthews would be a toss-up).

Does anybody actually believe Olberman is smarter than O'Rielly?

Yep......How 'bout Maddow vs Van Sustren? Yep.....

(I'd have to agree that Hannity and Matthews would be a toss-up).

Yep....

Operating with a full brain here. ote]

It is perplexing why Fox news ratings are SO high while MSNBC goes deeper and deeper in the dumper. Might it be that people with a whole brain watch Fox instead of the half brained msnbc?

Right on the Money, Dan ! ! :D

MSNBC and the other "small three" :rolleyes:networks do, however, provide a great service. They allow us to realize just how brain dead much of the country has become, unfortunately. :(

"spread the wealth" only has ONE meaning, folks.:mad:

"take over your company" only has ONE meaning.

And the classic "if all the people on an island went to one coast, it would tip over":confused: (Who to hell elects these people?)

I'd love to see the return of the steel drums and congratulate Stevaaaaaa on this poll. Very useful. Are you listening, Carnival ?

Does anybody actually believe Olberman is smarter than O'Rielly?

Yep......How 'bout Maddow vs Van Sustren? Yep.....

(I'd have to agree that Hannity and Matthews would be a toss-up).

Yep....

Operating with a full brain here. ote]

If you think so. :rolleyes:

When I cruised on the Celebration in '95, that was part of the experience I LOVED! On the Destiny in '05, it just wasn't quite there...they had the live band, and they played a few songs with the steel drums, but only for about an hour or so, it seemed. I LOVE steel drum music...I can listen to pop music ANYTIME while home. When I'm on vacation in the Caribbean, I want island-style music!

I hope Carnival gets this message loud and clear! I really loved the Conquest in 2005 when we were on our first cruise. I loved the band playing and the whole atmosphere. We enjoyed so much time just sitting on the Lido listening to the music.

However, this past November we went again on the Conquest and it was awful. That stupid, big screen monster was screaming all the time. It was so loud you couldn't even talk to each other at the tables, and, it was not mood music. It changed the entire atmosphere of the cruise, from one of relaxation, to one of annoyance. I hope they take them away and bring back the steel drum bands. Just my 2 cents worth!!:)

I hope Carnival gets this message loud and clear! I really loved the Conquest in 2005 when we were on our first cruise. I loved the band playing and the whole atmosphere. We enjoyed so much time just sitting on the Lido listening to the music.

However, this past November we went again on the Conquest and it was awful. That stupid, big screen monster was screaming all the time. It was so loud you couldn't even talk to each other at the tables, and, it was not mood music. It changed the entire atmosphere of the cruise, from one of relaxation, to one of annoyance. I hope they take them away and bring back the steel drum bands. Just my 2 cents worth!!:)

I have to agree with this. The big screen playng music I could hear on any radio station or music channel back home doesn't work for me.

If nothing else the music should be cruise/tropical themed.

Uh... duplicate post. Sorry.

Our first cruise was in 1999 I loved the poolside band with the steel drums and the aurhentic carribean sound!!! They played 3 sets a day for about 90 minutes per set

Our last cruise was Oct 2009 on the liberty we had 2 guys one with a guitar and one with a keyboard took lots of breaks palyed only 2 hours a day. Not entertaining at all:( and the same 3 or 4 songs each day:mad::mad::(

Our first cruise with a big screen was on the liberty

CD show in morning very loud volume!!! Music video I wanted to hear of course had No volume at all

Movies under the stars Well I have not really made up my mind about that. I guess I never stay up late enough to make it through the whole movie:D

Sports on the big screen I give that an A plus but I suppose that is not for everyone also

Yes, bring back the steel drums. Turn the big screen TV off. One gets tired of CNN.

The spirit class does not have big screens. Won't fit with the deck plan.

I've noticed only 2 piece bands playing only. It's ok but not a real calypso band.

Carnival, bring back the steel drum and 4 piece band!!!:D

Well it could be worse... imagine if they just played Glenn Beck on that jumbotron 24/7. Ofcourse, Carnival wouldn't do such a thing, someone would inevitably toss all the iced tea overboard on every cruise. I for one can't stand Lemonade.

We need to keep responding to this thread to keep it on the front page AND MAYBE CARNIVAL WILL LISTEN.....

Get rid of the big screen TV. Dumbest thing ever for a CRUISE SHIP! I am on a cruise. If i wanted to watch TV, I could have done that for alot cheaper by staying home.

Bring back the steel drum ASAP. What kind of numb skull would make the decision to get rid of a steel drum band playing calypso music on a Caribbean cruise??? Can anybody say "Lights on, nobody home"?

Our first cruise several years ago was on the NCL Sea, a small, older ship. As new cruisers, we had no idea what to expect. Before sailaway, the steel drum band started playing calypso style music and there were crew members manning large barbecue grills on the Lido deck. What a great way to begin a new adventure. We were hooked! We didn't care if the ship was old and outdated, we were fascinated with the entire program. We have never had a cruise that we didn't like, but we sure do miss the island music on the Lido deck. On one of our recent cruises, they actually had rap music for sailaway....seriously....rap! And as for the large screen videos...you can get MTV at home. Yep, Steveaaaaa, we agree with the majority. All we have left are memories. Bring back the steel bands! Or at least have them playing on that big screen!

We need to keep responding to this thread to keep it on the front page AND MAYBE CARNIVAL WILL LISTEN.....

Get rid of the big screen TV. Dumbest thing ever for a CRUISE SHIP! I am on a cruise. If i wanted to watch TV, I could have done that for alot cheaper by staying home.

Bring back the steel drum ASAP. What kind of numb skull would make the decision to get rid of a steel drum band playing calypso music on a Caribbean cruise??? Can anybody say "Lights on, nobody home"?

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE more steel drum music!!! (and there are tvs in the cabins for anyone who can't do without:))

Our first cruise several years ago was on the NCL Sea, a small, older ship. As new cruisers, we had no idea what to expect. Before sailaway, the steel drum band started playing calypso style music and there were crew members manning large barbecue grills on the Lido deck. What a great way to begin a new adventure. We were hooked! We didn't care if the ship was old and outdated, we were fascinated with the entire program. We have never had a cruise that we didn't like, but we sure do miss the island music on the Lido deck. On one of our recent cruises, they actually had rap music for sailaway....seriously....rap! And as for the large screen videos...you can get MTV at home. Yep, Steveaaaaa, we agree with the majority. All we have left are memories. Bring back the steel bands! Or at least have them playing on that big screen!

I fully agree. I dont know what is happening but some big muckety muck got the idea that we would rather see a big screen tv on our cruise than a live bad playing cruise music.

We had something wierd happen on our NCL cruise in Hawaii a few years ago. Think about it for a minute, this is a HAWAIIAN cruise in HAWAII. We fully expected to hear HAWAIIAN music on deck at least at sail away and maybe some crew members giving out leis etc. Guess what..never happened. In fact, we NEVER heard hawaiian music on the ship the whole week. They did have a pretty cool oriental dude pretending to be Elvis, but thats another story for another day!

I completely agree. The bands add something that the duos simply can't. They create the special atmosphere of relaxation by the pool that is unique to a cruise, one that I look forward to each and every cruise. It sets the mood. They play our favorite songs and they often get the crowd involved.

These calypso bands help make a cruise the most amazing vacation experience around by creating the mood and atmosphere we love. Please limit the tvs for nighttime only and bring back these full calypso bands.

I prefer watching movies poolside on the big screen....

I have an I-Pod full of steel drum music if I feel the need for it.

We are a decade into the new millenium after all.

Bill

That is a great idea. I haven't thought of that before. I'll load a selection on my Ipod for my next trip. Thanks for the suggestion! :D

I just asked my kids if they want to watch movies on the big screen while on a cruise and they all said no way....we watch tv at home and have so many other things to do on the cruise. Its just like i have said before movies...bowling....rock climbing....ice skating...can all be done at home so why have it on a cruise ship. The funship should be fun....live bands....dancing ...singing....shows...swimming....meeting new friends...lets get back to having fun. With that said i don't mind the Seaside Theatre just put it on early in am and not again till evening.After the bands are done playing at night!

This is an interesting thread. I just returned from my first Carnival cruise on the Valor. Big screen was obnoxious at times, but the real deal-breaker for me was no steel drums!! I was so bummed! We had the two guys with the guitar and the keyboard. They didn't seem to play for very long. On the Belize port day, it rained for maybe 5 minutes, they took off and never came back! On the last sea day, I actually timed them, and they would play for 50 minutes and break for 40 minutes. How can you cruise the caribbean without steel drums at the poolside?!?! I guess that's why Carnival's rates are so good...

Karen

This is an interesting thread. I just returned from my first Carnival cruise on the Valor. Big screen was obnoxious at times, but the real deal-breaker for me was no steel drums!! I was so bummed!

I will be back on the Valor in October. I hope by then the bands will be back, but I will not hold my breath. These days I've been sitting aft to avoid the NOISE of that big screen.

Archived