The things I HATE about cruises...

I hate disembarking.

I hate when people have no compassion for the infant crying in the airplane seat for a brief period as if they were brought on the plane just to annoy others.

I hate unruly children in the pool that have no parents around to discipline them as they are jumping on top of and splashing my children.

I hate the morning of the disembarkation - The end of the mindless bliss and and indifference of the staff. Like, when you first get on board the crew can make you feel like you are the first passengers they have ever had, and on that morning you are the out with the garbage. Bring back personal tipping! It always feels like the end of all the vacations I ever took.

I also hate slobs in the MDR on formal nights - just go to the buffet.

And that I can't bring a bottle of booze (that they do not even sell) on board.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/smilies/mad.gif

Hate is a strong word, but here are some things I dislike, in no particular order:

*getting up @ 6:30 am to pass through Immigration (non-US citizens) :eek:, it is a rough way to end a vacation, lol.

*trying to find a spot to eat in the WJ, at least twice on our last cruise we could NOT find a seat! I have kids, so it was harder on them. We tried to plan when we would eat around the busy times, but sometimes I had to feed my 4 yr old when she was hungry and it wasn't very convenient. We tried to take our full plates out of the WJ and go to our room, but we were stopped by staff, who then found us a seat about 10 minutes later. None of this is earth shattering ;), but it was hard on my kids. If we ever wound up at a larger table (we were a group of 3), then my 11 yr old would ask every small passenger group that passed if they would like to sit with us! She really remembered how much she disliked walking around for so long with no where to sit.

*trying to find reasonably priced flights to get to the cruise! Cruising is relatively cheap, but our flights are NOT cheap, and can easily be double the price of the cruise! We would cruise way more often if we could find better flight options :)

being a newbie i hate waiting till end of october for my first cruise. also being from england im gonna hate the length of flights and i already hate the price its costing but once its paid for who cares im going to enjoy, enjoy and enjoy

I hate that they still do the top ten dumbest questions asked ex: What time is the midnight buffet? Does the ship make its own electricity? that gets really old after your first cruise. Also bingo prices are out of control now. I remember when it used to be 10$ for one card and 20$ for 3 cards, now they have the electronic ones that cost a rediculous amount.

What I hate is a lack of laudry facilities on some ships. The Emerald Princess has one on every passenger deck and is reasonably priced. I will be sailing on the Brilliance in April 2011 and they have none. I can see paying an outragous amount to wash some undies, etc. They have a "special" where they will do everything you can fit into one of their tiny laundry bags for like $25. What a rip off! Oh, well.

I hate it when there is a dead starfish in my shower.

When people ask me if this is my first cruise, and dont believe me when I tell them I dont know how many cruises Ive been on. Its somewhere between 35-40ish, but I really dont remember, and I dont think it matters if a person has been on one or 100. Some people thinks it gives them superiority to have been on more cruises than anyone else. I would rather sit and chat with a first timer than a diamond + anytime.

Hummmm... fly more than 8 hours and always have to book one pre cruise hotel to cruise in caribbean...:rolleyes:

...the snob people...:p...chair hogs...:mad:

...and to leave the ship....OMG...I hate so much to leave the ship...:(

We dread the morning when we have to say "good bye" to the many new friends we made while on board. But the memories of our new and good friends are with us always.

Thanks to the e-mail age we stay in touch and managed to take a few more cruises with our new, and now dear friends.

" Good bye dear friends, till we set sail again"

Edited by oldguysandgalls

Well.....so far I agree with everything everyone has posted here! lol!

But I'd probably have to say...the packing on the last night is HORRIBLE!!! I literally put my luggage out the last minute before they pick it up.....mostly because I do everything except pack! lol! I feel like once I pack...it's over! :(

And I also hate having to figure out what I'm gonna need for that last night and the next morning...I'm always wondering "what if I didn't leave myself any shoes, or my toothbrush, or my wallet...lol" Too much to think about when all I wanna do is go enjoy the last night on my cruise!! :(

On my last cruise I packed my sign and sail card in my bag and had to go to the service desk in order to get off the ship :o

I hate that they still do the top ten dumbest questions asked ex: What time is the midnight buffet? Does the ship make its own electricity? that gets really old after your first cruise. Also bingo prices are out of control now. I remember when it used to be 10$ for one card and 20$ for 3 cards, now they have the electronic ones that cost a rediculous amount.

Yes, that does get old after one cruise.

I hate disembarking.

I hate when people have no compassion for the infant crying in the airplane seat for a brief period as if they were brought on the plane just to annoy others.

I hate unruly children in the pool that have no parents around to discipline them as they are jumping on top of and splashing my children.

People can flame me if they want, but I believe that there should be an age limit for flying. It would be great if children had to be at least 18 months old to fly. It has to be a scary/painful experience to have their ears popping, they have no idea what is going on, they have to sit on their parent's lap the whole time, and they are just always miserable. Infants don't belong on a plane. Either wait to go on vacation until they are older, or leave them with grandma.

You choose to have kids, and sometimes those decisions mean you have to wait or deny your gratification for a few years. Think about the children first, then the other passengers.

There, off my soap box.

I hate it when people need to advertise there cruising status. wheres the VIP line, sometimes that diamond line isnt as fast as the other and blah blah blah..telling or talking to you like your a newbie, i just smile and continue on my way.who cares we are all getting on the same ship.

I hate packing the last night but my method is that I somewhat pack a little each day of the cruise, this limits the time spent on the last day and i can still get alot in.

I hate my final bill but hey i spent it right

I enjoy cruising and just hate that i cant do more need to work on hitting that lottery maybe :D

There is a difference betweeen an infant crying for a brief period, and a child screaming their head off for the entire flight and the parents doing absolutely nothing to help the situation. While you may think a screaming child is cute, others don't have to agree.

• Like 1

There is a difference betweeen an infant crying for a brief period, and a child screaming their head off for the entire flight and the parents doing absolutely nothing to help the situation. While you may think a screaming child is cute, others don't have to agree.

Exactly!

I agree....I have never been in the experience when my child has cried and I haven't been trying to help the situation...never thought it was cute, in fact as mortified as could be.

I also agree that traveling is not the ideal situation for an infant and have left my infant home with family while we travel with older children...but please realize that there are times that there is no option but to fly with infants....in our sad instance flying to a loved one's funeral. Just standing up for the parents that do respect others and try to keep our children in line at all times.

Just my 2 cents not flaming anyone, just pointing out the other side of the fence

• Like 1

On my last cruise I packed my sign and sail card in my bag and had to go to the service desk in order to get off the ship :o

OMG I did that on our last cruise too! I was sooooooo embarrassed! :o My boyfriend thought it was hysterical though. :rolleyes:

Ok my turn...I hate the people who think that the rest of the cruisers are there to watch their children (as in some one else can deal with it I am on vacation!) Or that their child is mature enough to be in the adult only areas :(! Guess I just hate unruly children and their parents!

I hate that the dress code is NOT enforced :mad:!

I hate that time on a cruise is way faster than time in work:eek:!

But I'd rather deal with those things than a good day at work :D!

I agree....I have never been in the experience when my child has cried and I haven't been trying to help the situation...never thought it was cute, in fact as mortified as could be.

I also agree that traveling is not the ideal situation for an infant and have left my infant home with family while we travel with older children...but please realize that there are times that there is no option but to fly with infants....in our sad instance flying to a loved one's funeral. Just standing up for the parents that do respect others and try to keep our children in line at all times.

Just my 2 cents not flaming anyone, just pointing out the other side of the fence

Just to clarify, I have nothing against children being on a plane - my complaint is with people who let their children scream during the entire flight and do nothing to try to make them quiet.