The things I HATE about cruises...

Chronic complainers. OMG....go home!!!! Why are they even on the cruise??? Hate, hate, hate hearing "the food was much better on the......ship" "The service is much better on the .....ship". We had a single man sitting at our dinner table on the Explorer. All he did was complain. The whole table was so fed up with this man. When someone asked him what he did for a living, his response was a little bit of a mumble. After repeating the question he responded a little louder..."I am a bus driver" OMG...complete silence. Now, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with being a bus driver, but this man acted as if he was the CEO of AT&T. I hate arrogance. There are all walks of life, some rich, some poor and some in between. Arrogant people do not impress me, so please keep your complaints to yourself. We do not want to hear them. We work hard all year to afford a vacation and we do not want it ruined by you. (when I say "we"), I mean all of the people that are just lucky enough to be on the ship to begin with.

No contest: DISEMBARK TAGS. I hate it when I walk into the stateroom, and there they are on the bed. I hate putting them on the luggage. I even hate when the form comes asking when we're getting off, so they know what color to send.

However, I've found that by booking the longest cruise possible, you delay all these unpleasant events!

Conversely, I love when the embark tags arrive, just looking at them (always a nice color) and thinking won't be long now, and finally the day comes to put them on the packed luggage, and you're ready to go again!

I hate that I can't afford to cruise more often.

I hate packing the last night and seeing the suit cases lined up outside in the hall ways. Sad.

I hate the whole disembarkation process because it says VACATION OVER!

I hate it when weather spoils my plans at the port of call I was the most enthusiastic about. I make the best of it, but it can be disappointing.

I figured it would be funny to hear what people "don't like" about cruising.

I think everyone will agree with me when I say that I HATE getting off the ship!!!

I also hate the amount of laundry I have to do when we get back! lol!

However.......the best thing we do is always book our next cruise while we are on one...that way, when we get back, we already have another one to look forward too! :D

Soooo.....what do you hate about cruises?????

The hassle of air transport when cruising in Europe or Asia

Having to pay for them!! :rolleyes: If we had the available $$$$ and could take unlimited time off work, it would be much nicer and easier for us to cruise. Other than that, I LOVE everything about cruises (even being thankful that I am not like some of the angry, picky, whiny people we sometimes meet on board)

I hate......not being able to have the cash to book two weeks instead of one!!!...i am thankful that i can afford to book one week though!

I, (not sure if hate is the right word) the food wasted on lots of plates in the buffet dining areas....if you dont want it why choose it?.....

I agree on hating the complainers.

Had one on our last cruise, she was a friend of a friend and was at our table. We tried our best to ignore her, soups to hot, soups to cold, don't like sea food, it could in here, where's my wine, etc.

The last night I arrived at the table and announced very loudly a sign we had saw that day and that we were ALL going to follow for dinner that night: Only positive attitudes and smiles beyond this point I continued to repeat it over and over again several times during dinner. I would have been a goner if looks could kill.

I hate complainers, cruise know-it-alls, and rude pushy passengers.

On our last cruise there was an older gentleman with a walker and his wife. I would guess early 90's. People cut them off at the elevators and the wife was almost crying. She asked me to help them get on an elevator. I was ever so happy to block the pushy people so this couple could get on. Then I stood blocking the door and told her to hit the door close button. Well, all the people behind me waiting to get on were pissed at me! haha! I don't care. A little courtesy won't kill you!!!

I hate using the word "hate." It is just a strong negative word. So I'll use dislike, if you don't mind. I dislike having to say goodbye to all my new friends that I met onboard knowing full well that I won't ever see or hear from the majority of them again. Even though we exchanged e-mail/snail mail addresses.

I hate the unruly children who are allowed to run around the ship as if it were their own personal house. I hate the parents who allow this to happen more!

I hate that I usually get stuck behind someone who thought it was a good idea to bring their crying infant on the plane, on my flight down.

I hate how much it seems to cost to get anywhere but the caribbean. We're finally going to make it Europe this summer but holy cow. And Australia is even worse! I've been to Cozumel six times! I want to go somewhere else, but I still want at least one cruise every year.

I hate the unruly children who are allowed to run around the ship as if it were their own personal house. I hate the parents who allow this to happen more!

I hate that I usually get stuck behind someone who thought it was a good idea to bring their crying infant on the plane, on my flight down.

Amen!

Except I usually get the crying child behind me on the way home.

I hate how much it seems to cost to get anywhere but the caribbean. We're finally going to make it Europe this summer but holy cow. And Australia is even worse! I've been to Cozumel six times! I want to go somewhere else, but I still want at least one cruise every year.

Hello Buffalo... Syracuse here...! We are considering going to Australia, then on to New Zealand for the Rugby Cruise in October 2011. The air travel amounts to 35 hours just to get us to the ship. Which is RCCL ... We really would love to be on this trip but I agree the cost of cruising anywhere other than the Caribbean is considerable.

I hate the fact I haven't been on a cruise yet and it is a bazillion days until we get to go on one.

Cheers

Leah

The time will fly by. We booked this cruise in Sept of 2008 and it is a little over 3 months away. We can't wait!!

And by the way I too hate packing the last night. On our last cruise I left out two pairs of my DH shorts out instead of a pair of mine. We sent the first hour looking for safety pins!! :D We love Cruising:D:D

I hate cruise passengers who don't use "please" and "thank you" with staff and fellow passengers. I also hate chair hogs who leave their items on a chair for hours. I try to avoid areas that would annoy me though, because nothing in this world is better than a cruise vacation!!

Word, I always say "thank you" and "Please" to the crew members. They work so hard to make sure every one has what they need, and that every one has a good time.

I hate having to pack on the last evening.

I hate abruptly waking up from a deep sleep in the middle of the night on the last evening, sitting up in bed, and wondering if I forgot to leave clothes out and have to leave the ship in my pajamas. The leaving ship in pjs is an old cd disembarkation joke, but for some reason it stayed with me. Fortunately, it doesn't happen every cruise.

I hate the first moment back home when you realize no one is going to prepare dinner for you and if you want to eat, it's up to you.

I hate that we emptied out the refrigerator before we left.

I hate that once I'm home, I practically start doing laundry the minute I walk in the door.

I hate having to wait for the next cruise.