The things I HATE about cruises...

1. The refrigerators. They are pretty much worthless, as they do not keep anything cold.

4. Having to sign my name 1,000 times.

For help with #4 (above): try signing a different fun name each time like the name of your favorite football player or rock star, or just make up a funny name. Turn the "chore" of signing your name into a game for yourself :D

I hate the whole debarkation process...

I hate having to get up at zero dark thirty to avail myself of VIP self debark and then almost NEVER being actually led off the ship.

And if I don't do the early self debark, then I hate standing in line behind 100's of people who can't find their S&S card to get dinged off the ship, or who don't have their passport out and ready for CBP or who haven't filled out their declarations page.

I hate the fact that I cannot take the cabin steward, my waiter and assistant waiter, my bartender, and the chef home with me. I found them on the ship, I liked them and I want to keep them. They would really like my house!:D

MeToo but they probably would not like Wisconsin winters - they would vote to go with you instead.

having to wait 101 days til i can cruise

short cruises

the last day knowing that the next day i will be going home

complainers and people that constantly are comparing cruiselines

people who think just because they are in a wheelchair or scooter (scooters especially) they can just run us all down and cut in lines or have to be first

taking tenders--having to wait til they fill up

packing up the last day specially when it is NOT a sea-day

passengers that are rude to the crew and think that the help is beneath them

people who left their manners on the dock or probably didnt have them in the first place

"suite" snobs

that my cruiseline doesnt have 24/7 self serve ice cream

when the popcorn machine is broke cos then hubby aint happy

screaming kids and the parents do nothing to control or try to control the situation

parents that let their kids run wild

parents that think their kids are "cute" when they are doing something wrong or obnoxious

children pushing all the elevator buttons

children at the buffet by themselves

parents who let their children run off on excursions and constantly WAITING for them

that there are no cruise dates yet for the end of 2013!!!

I hate...

• People who treat you like crap because they think you're younger than you really are
  • People who push in line at the buffet
  • People who use hands/fingers for food in the buffet rather than serving spoons
  • People who refuse to sanitise their hands before using their hands/fingers in the buffet
  • People who talk down to the staff - hello, we're all HUMANS
  • Staff not enforcing dress codes (I once saw a singlet (the underwear type), shorts and thongs in the MDR)
  • Staff who play favourites with the passengers, esp in the case of entertainment staff
  • Passengers who think they are all that because they have cruised X number of times or because they think they have $$ to throw around
  • Chair hogs (on the decks)
  • Staff not enforcing rules about deck chairs
  • Kids who press all the lift buttons
  • Cruise ships who demand to see my ID even though my cruise card alerts them that I am (well) over 18 or 21...and when they do this night after night of going to the nightclub
  • Parents who let their kids run over the dance floor when you're actually trying to dance
  • People who wear ill fitting swimwear. I know thats their own personal choice, but my eyes are the ones that suffer!
  • Kids in the adults pool
  • Saying goodbye to everyone

I hate the 10 pounds I usually gain with each cruise.

I hate not having enough time in each port.

I hate the thought of a hurricane destroying my plans on vacation.

I hate that it takes forever to get here and then ends waaaay too fast!

I hate it, when you see people, walking around at the buffet, with their food, looking for a table, and you invite them to join you, and a few minutes later they spot some friends, whom they invite to join them, they then start talking loud, so you can’t hear yourself, or your companion, and basically take over the table, as if they were there first.

Cato

Completed Cruises !

First cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

Second cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

Third cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

Fourth cruise - Golden Princes, 12 June 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

Fifth Cruise - Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver - Los Angeles, Repositioning

Sixth cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

Seventh cruise - Golden Princess, 11 May 2011, 3 day, LA to Vancouver, Repositioning

Eighth cruise - Sapphire Princess, 14 May 2011, 1 day, Vancouver to Seattle, Repositioning

Ninth cruise - Coral Princess 19 May 2011 2 day, San Francisco to Vancouver, Repositioning

Tenth & Eleventh cruises - Coral Princess 02 July to 16 July 2011, round trip Vancouver - Whittier Alaska, B2B

Future & Hopeful Cruises !

( Already booked )

Twelfth & Thirteenth cruises - Sapphire Princess, x2, Cabins, 18 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning

Fourteenth & Fifteenth cruises - Golden Princess, x2, Cabins, 24 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning.

Sixteenth cruise - Oasis of the Seas, 26 Nov. 2011, 7 day, Western Caribbean, Ft. Lauderdale, Ret.

Seventeeth & Eighteenth cruises - Crown Princess B2B, 03 - 10 Dec & 10 - 17 Dec 2011, 14 Days, South & western Caribbean

I hate my bar bill at the end of my cruise and I hate that they don't offer all-inclusive cruises. I hate having to hand my card over everytime I want a soda or a mojito and I hate having to sign thos little slips when I'm sitting in the pool and my hands are wet.

I also hate standing in the buffet line behind a family with little kids who let them carry and get their own food as it slips off their plates all over the place and I also hate people who take a "zillion" years to decide what they want to eat in the buffet line and don't step aside.

I hate the shock and disgust I feel when I get the ship charges bill

I hate tendering

I dislike that in the Caribbean most cruise lines now have that "private island" stop. If I want a manufactured experience I'll go to Disneyworld. And I hate that they do this to line their pockets rather than have another stop where they cannot rake in the dough.

I hate the fact that I can't board and sail away on the ships that call on my home port in Portland Maine. I seldom miss a ship when it docks. My Great Dane and I look lovingly at the ship and wish we could board. Alas! no boarding pass and no dogs allowed. :(

Looking at all these posts, I'm nodding and laughing, it is so funny that something we all truly adore and love can also infuriate us all!

I hate (well more dislike than hate):

-leaving my puppy behind (she cries when she sees luggage now)

-small unaccompanied children in the buffet

-small loud children taking over the 'adult pool'

-staff not (well trying, but not succeeding) enforcing the 'no children in the adult pool rule'

-disembarkation > it always makes me cry

-getting home > post-cruise depression usually results in another cruise booked within about a week or so =]

-that it is so hard to stop eating those deliciously fresh warm bread rolls every night with dinner mmmm.....

-facing the harsh reality when doing other non-cruising holidays that cruising really is better

But all in all, it is really worth it, isn't it? =]

I hate it when people lick their fingers or blow their noses and then touch the tongs at the buffet! I see it happen all of the time and find that discusting! You would think in this day and age people would thing a little more about hygiene!

I hate waking up the last morning to find the cruise ship has been docked for 2 hours already.

I also hate rude passengers (those old guys who feel entitled-you know who you are)

I hate to cost of photographs taken by ship photogs. Especially when in know more than half will be thrown out. Probably why they are expensive. And $249 for just a CD-come on....

I hate waiting for my room when boarding in the first wave.

I hate being on the wait list for early dinner seating 10 months out.

I hate cruising days and you can't get a deck chair. Not a single one.

I hate having to check out pool towels.

I hate when the counter space in my already small cabin is taken up by their "mini bar" items, which on my last RCCL cruise took up half the space!

When I hid most of it and the bar person came in to check it the last night, I got charged for two things I had hid, and then I had to straighten out the bill.

I also hate loud talkers, in any public area. Some people have naturally loud voices and don't have a clue as to how annoying it is to have to listen to them in planes, restaurants, or other areas where it is not easy to leave.

People equate money with class, when class is really shown by how much consideration one has for other people.

I hate it when people lick their fingers or blow their noses and then touch the tongs at the buffet! I see it happen all of the time and find that discusting! You would think in this day and age people would thing a little more about hygiene!
... and even worse when they then drop the tongs back into the pan right on top of the food with the handle they held touching the food.

Then there are also the ones who ignore the tongs that are right there and reach in to pick up the item with their fingers. The worst of those are the ones who examine the item, decide they don't want it, put it back and pick up another.

I also hate being at a crowded buffet on a ship that doesn't provide trays. It is hard enough walking around trying to find a table in the first place, but then you need to keep running back and forth to assemble your meal instead of being able to gather everything together on a tray in one pass.

I hate having to check out pool towels.
That one is easy to avoid. Cruise on ships that don't require their "guests" to check out pool towels, a rather insulting practice reminiscent of middle school gym class.

I hate when the counter space in my already small cabin is taken up by their "mini bar" items, which on my last RCCL cruise took up half the space!

When I hid most of it and the bar person came in to check it the last night, I got charged for two things I had hid, and then I had to straighten out the bill.

Instead of trying to hide them, we always call and ask to have them removed on the first day along with the bottles in the fridge, since we prefer to use that space for our own stuff. We have never had a problem or been billed for any of it on any cruise line.

(When their own employees are the ones who officially remove the bottles, then they are the ones responsible for them.)

- that I haven't been on a cruise yet and don't know if we'll like it....:eek:

We are going on Infinity through the Panama Canal - friend just returned from the "holiday from hell" on a med cruise. After his comments I wonder -

Will it be

-overcrowded?

-noisy?

-have awful food?

-not have other teenagers for our daughter to pal up with?

-be an annoying rip off?

Please tell me he is wrong ....:confused:

He's definitely wrong.... you'll love your first cruise!!!!:)

My only real dislike is the muster drill.....but I know it's a necessary part of cruising.

BUT...I love when it's over... that's when the cruise really begins!!! :D

Edited by mamasue

Instead of trying to hide them, we always call and ask to have them removed on the first day along with the bottles in the fridge,,,

We did try to have them removed but our cabin stewardess said that she

was not allowed to remove them and suggested where we could hide them.

This was on RCCL. I don't know if other cruise lines are as weird about it.

I hate getting off the ship.

I don't like the long flights and air travel to get to the ship.

I hate luggage restrictions on air travel.

I hate parents who don't follow the rules of no kids in diapers in the pool or hot tubs.