The things I HATE about cruises...

1. Don't like having to take tenders to the port.

2. Don't like the same games, over and over and over on every cruise. I would be more than happy to help them develop some new games. If you cruise a lot they just get old very quickly.

3. Don't like rude cruisers. ENJOY YOUR VACATION PEOPLE!!:)

• 1 year later...

- that I haven't been on a cruise yet and don't know if we'll like it....:eek:

We are going on Infinity through the Panama Canal - friend just returned from the "holiday from hell" on a med cruise. After his comments I wonder -

Will it be

-overcrowded?

-noisy?

-have awful food?

-not have other teenagers for our daughter to pal up with?

-be an annoying rip off?

Please tell me he is wrong ....:confused:

I hate folks who pile their dirty room service dishes in the hallway outside their cabins. I sometimes use my foot to push their trays right up against their cabin doors!:D

I once saw a guy come out of his cabin and place his dirty dishes outside the cabin two doors down the hall!

All you have to do is either keep them in the room and your room steward will take them the next time they do your room, or call room service and they will come and take them away.

I hate dealing with Customs on the pier when disembarking the last morning. A little smile and "welcome home" would not hurt them too much.

I absolutely detest dealing with the officious people who work for the TSA, and their idiotic and inconsistent rules. Some airports, you have to have your video camera out of the bag, others they don't care. Some you have to turn on all cameras. Stand here, don't stand there. , don't move unless I tell you to. Raise your arms above your head, don't raise your arms. What a PITA. (I really understand the reasons for the TSA, giving the sad times we are living in, however, some consistency and courtesy on the behalf of some of these people would be nice)

As the old saying goes, "Grin and BARE it", because that is what we will all be doing in the near future at airport security lines.

I guess the solution is to just be rich and live aboard a cruise ship.

We are going on Infinity through the Panama Canal - friend just returned from the "holiday from hell" on a med cruise. After his comments I wonder -

Will it be

-overcrowded?

-noisy?

-have awful food?

-be an annoying rip off?

We did this cruise a year ago, and loved it. We are in our 60's and found that the passengers were older than the norm when compared to a 7 day cruise. That said, there were some from all age groups, just not a lot of children since it is a two week cruise. The food was very good, be sure not to miss the brunch buffet that is offered in the MDR on one of the sea days. The ship is not overcrowded, has a movie theater, and was very enjoyable.

Check out the art work mounted on the wall outside the Rendezvous lounge on the port side of the ship. It is a very "unusual" piece of art that is just outside the door to the lounge on the aft end.

1. The refrigerators. They are pretty much worthless, as they do not keep anything cold.

2. Children running rampant playing on the elevators. I propose that all children be completely banned from ever getting in an elevator. They must walk the stairs. If found in an elevator, their entire family should be booted off the ship the next port.

3. Being charged for the mini bar when never having used it.

4. Having to sign my name 1,000 times.

5. The craps table.

6. Walkie Talkies.

7. Fussy or picky eaters. YO, just order a bunch of stuff, shut up, eat it, enjoy it.

I hate it when my husband is asleep in the bed on the last night of the cruise while I am the one packing and filling out luggage tags and custom forms. (I'm really going to try and chage that one!)

I also hate those that pass gas in the elevators and while walking up the stairs. Leaving their fumes behind for the rest of us to deal with.

Will it be

-overcrowded?

-noisy?

-have awful food?

-be an annoying rip off?

Yes, he's wrong. I'm always a little down when I leave the ship for the last time.......our

time in Paradise is over. The complaints your friend had are very subjective, except for

maybe lack of other teenagers......the more expensive the cruise, the fewer young people on it,normally. As far as overcrowded, I can say I've never felt that way on a ship, large or small. Yes, the buffet can get crowded, but most of us share tables, so we have a place to

eat right away, and interesting people to eat with. As far as awful food, that is really subjective. Often I read opposing comments about the same cruise...one raves about the food and another slams it. If you're not happy with what you ordered, your waiter will replace it with something else of your choice. A cruise is an opportunity to try something you've never had before......escargot was a wonderful surprise! So far as a rip off....I wonder if your friend was trying to spoil your anticipation of your cruise. If there is one place you can go with a fair idea of what you are going to spend, it's a cruise ship. You know in advance what the tips will be, what the shore excursions cost, and the average price of a drink. All of this you can get from your cruise line's web site, or from reading Cruise Critic. The members of CC are happy and willing to share helpful info. Don't let anyone rain on your parade. Half the fun of my cruises has been the anticipation and the

sharing of that anticipation with members of the Roll Call on my particular cruise. I hope you can take your friend's comments with a large heaping of salt!

I hate uppity people who treat the staff like they were dirt. Somebody should turn around and treat these people the same way, see if they like it.

I also hate packing the night before and waking up the next morning and finding out you packed something you needed for that day. UGH!!!

Sharon I

Edited by Sharon I

We're less than 3 months from our first cruise and cannot wait!!

I anticipate the thing I'll dislike the most is coming home to my house and finding what state it will be in. I'm leaving my 3 young adult guys home for 12 days :eek:

I hate how they beat the term "cruise vacation" to death. If just seems so forced and contrived like if you associate the term "cruise" with "vacation" you'll be more likely to take another "cruise vacation" very soon.

I also hate seeing the way people waste food. That "I paid for it, so I'm free to waste it" attitude is tacky.

Edited by Girl_from_Ipanema

I hate it when my husband is asleep in the bed on the last night of the cruise while I am the one packing and filling out luggage tags and custom forms. (I'm really going to try and chage that one!)

I also hate those that pass gas in the elevators and while walking up the stairs. Leaving their fumes behind for the rest of us to deal with.

That situation is unfortunate but IMHO more often than not it's unavoidable.

What is avaoidable is wearing so much perfume the elevators stink and people are gagging walking the same route 20 minutes later! Ladies........... If you can smell it, you're wearing too much!!!