Woman gives birth on 'Paradise'

jleq

Given Carnival's knee jerk reactions of late (see any of a dozen prohwibited item threads) this person has just made it a lot more difficult for pregger women to sail.:(

Newest added Prohibited Item:

#463-- unborn children of any size.

This made my day. I may be in the minority, but I love the funny, tongue in cheek comments. I don't like outright rudeness, that's just disrespectful, but gotta love the "not mean spirited" humor!

I worked with this young girl who did not know that she was pregnant (so she said) and went to the hospital for stomach pains and out came with a baby. She hid another two pregnanices (3 babies in 3 years) from her family without them suspecting she was pregnant again.. She was not heavy she just did not show too much and wore loose clothing.

The shame of it is is that she never received pre-natal care for any of these children and they all have health problems and will never be normal.

Hopefully, this women will not name her daughter Paradise, the girl will never forgive her.

Why am I not shocked that this happened? We were on a Mexican Riviera cruise earlier this month on the Splendor and I was amazed at the number of extremely pregnant women on the cruise. There was one woman that I thought was going to pop at any moment. If she was less than 24 weeks, she had to have been having twins or had other complications -- either of which I think a doctor would strongly advise against taking a cruise.

I am so glad both mother and daughter were ok. However, (and please no flames) I personally feel that the mother acted incredibly irresponsible towards her unborn child. I feel she is incredibly lucky the baby was born without major health issues and that the coastguard was able to help her. Just my two cents.

I agree.

Also, there is no way that baby was that much of a preemie. I bet the mom was about 8 months or so along and lied about it.

Hmm - doesn't say if it is a passenger or a crew member. Whoever it is, hoping mom and daughter are fine.

very logical thought...yes, maybe it was a crew member. Although it does say she was travelling with her mother. Still could have been a crew member.

very logical thought...yes, maybe it was a crew member. Although it does say she was travelling with her mother. Still could have been a crew member.

I wonder where the father was:confused:

I've watched that "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" show a few times. It leaves me scratching my head.

Must be nice to be feeling that good that you don't even know you are....:eek:

I was puking before I even was 'late' enough to pee on a stick. :p

(back in those days EPT wasn't accurate until a bit later in the process)

Seriously...this woman is lucky.

Attention all passengers, before we proceed to the embarkment, would all the women of child bearing age please proceed to the "pee on a stick" station ? Have a nice cruise !

ept.jpg

:p

I am so glad both mother and daughter were ok. However, (and please no flames) I personally feel that the mother acted incredibly irresponsible towards her unborn child. I feel she is incredibly lucky the baby was born without major health issues and that the coastguard was able to help her. Just my two cents.

No flames from me...

As someone who is unable to have children from severe stage 4 endometriosis..

it really pisses me off ....

that women who have the incredible gift to concieve, carry and deliver their own child..

would be soooo self absorbed, not to consider the what if's

I don't care what the doctor approves or not...

Unexpected stuff happens and you really shouldn't put your

unborn baby at risk on a cruise ship.

sorry...I'll step off the soap box!

K

No flames from me...

As someone who is unable to have children from severe stage 4 endometriosis..

it really pisses me off ....

that women who have the incredible gift to concieve, carry and deliver their own child..

would be soooo self absorbed, not to consider the what if's

I don't care what the doctor approves or not...

Unexpected stuff happens and you really shouldn't put your

unborn baby at risk on a cruise ship.

sorry...I'll step off the soap box!

K

I'm sorry about your endo :(

I do want to say that we really do not know the circumstances here. Let's just be happy for this woman, that she and the baby are OK.

Attention all passengers, before we proceed to the embarkment, would all the women of child bearing age please proceed to the "pee on a stick" station ? Have a nice cruise !

ept.jpg

:p

See my post above...

I know you're joking, but if they ever required that...

I would be beyond livid!

When we were on a mexican rivierra cruise in 2001 there was a woman onboard that went into premature labor and had her baby in mazatlan.. now if i was having a baby early i dont think mexico would be the place i would want to be for medical care for a premature baby.

We also went on princess a few years ago and there was a woman that was extremely pg, if she wasnt ready to deliver i would have been shocked. She was very big. There are people that do things without thinking of the health and well being of not only themselves but their unborn children. If we are talking not knowing your are pg that is a whole different thing. I just feel if you are pg and i know life happens and you want to go on vacation and all, but think about things.. not only you and your child but also other passengers if the decide to turn ships about and pull into ports early..

I worked with this young girl who did not know that she was pregnant (so she said) and went to the hospital for stomach pains and out came with a baby. She hid another two pregnanices (3 babies in 3 years) from her family without them suspecting she was pregnant again.. She was not heavy she just did not show too much and wore loose clothing.

The shame of it is is that she never received pre-natal care for any of these children and they all have health problems and will never be normal.

Hopefully, this women will not name her daughter Paradise, the girl will never forgive her.

Why does she keep having children..?? She hid 3 pregnancies..poor children very sad that they should suffer...

Rosefloater,

No, I wasn't the "idiot chick" that was watching everything as it happened. Nor, was I taking pictures.

I minded my own business and had fun with friends.

Stacey

Good answer. I don't know you but if I may, I'd like to offer my two cents. The poster of the comment about the "idiot chick" is just as bad as the "idiot chick" gawking over the whole scene because there she was taking pictures of her getting onto the Coast Guard boat. I'm not judging...I'm just sayin'.

Yes. :) Actually assuming that both parents are US citizens the child will have automatic US citizenship. They just have to file the appropriate paperwork within so many days. She could have a dual citizenship if it is allowed with the Panamanian government. Was she born on the ship?? If so then she wouldn't have a Panamanian citizenship because she was born in international waters.

If she was born in International waters and both parents are US citizens, then the baby is a US citizen but can't run for President.

Those pics of the baby - the baby is almost full term. Hair and all.

A little late to be posting this, but its not necessarily the size that determines how premature and all the child was. I was born a month and three days early, but I was 5 lbs. 15 oz (by the time I was a year old, I was almost 30 lbs.) I didn't have a bit of hair until I was 6 months old, my lungs aren't totally developed (close enough), I am genetically deformed (missing two adult teeth, which means that I still have 2 baby teeth at 14 1/2 y.o. Yes, its a genetic deformation), and I have some other health problems. My cousin was born more premature than I was, has a healthy weight and all (shes only three), and was born with a literal full head of hair. It just depends on genetics, pre natal care, and probability.

Who else beside me thinks that if she was more than 24 weeks she should have to pay for that coast guard rescue? To put that baby's life at risk :mad: so she could go on a cruise... there are no words (well, none I can use here).

My grandfather was born on a boat on the way over from Italy. His middle name was the name of the ship "Province". I found an ancestory.com census listing him as born "at sea". He was born in 1907, I'm sure the Paradise had much better accomodations...can you imagine??

A little late to be posting this, but its not necessarily the size that determines how premature and all the child was. I was born a month and three days early, but I was 5 lbs. 15 oz (by the time I was a year old, I was almost 30 lbs.) I didn't have a bit of hair until I was 6 months old, my lungs aren't totally developed (close enough), I am genetically deformed (missing two adult teeth, which means that I still have 2 baby teeth at 14 1/2 y.o. Yes, its a genetic deformation), and I have some other health problems. My cousin was born more premature than I was, has a healthy weight and all (shes only three), and was born with a literal full head of hair. It just depends on genetics, pre natal care, and probability.

We have 4. Our oldest baked the longest. He was born at 38 weeks. # 2 was 36w4d #3 and 4 were 36w1d. They were all perfectly healthy between 6 lb 3oz - 7 lb 2 oz. That baby was every bit of 34-35 weeks though, if not a bit older. Either the mother did not know (I know it happens, but I cannot imagine), or she wasn't that big and lied about how far along she was. I certainly did not expect to have our last 3 a whole month early, but it happened. Thank God they were all perfect and had absolutely no complications.

Archived