Woman gives birth on 'Paradise'

jleq

she could go on that "I didnt know I was pregnant" show. MTV maybe? I saw it once and that was it

I've watched that "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" show a few times. It leaves me scratching my head.

I don't know why I watched it more than once . . . it's like driving past a car accident - you just can't look away, even though you know that whatever you see is not going to be good. (For the record, though, if I'm the one driving I make it a point not to look. Nothing worse than a bunch of rubbernecks slowing down traffic.)

Good morning,

We were on board Paradise...There was an announcement over the loud speaker that the ship was heading back to San Diego since earlier that morning, Paradise welcomed a new baby girl on board. They said that she was premature, but that she was fine.

No other information was really offerered.

Stacey

Good morning,

We were on board Paradise...There was an announcement over the loud speaker that the ship was heading back to San Diego since earlier that morning, Paradise welcomed a new baby girl on board. They said that she was premature, but that she was fine.

Stacey

Hey Stacey! How was it??

I hope she doesn't name that girl Paradise. You don't want teenage boys saying, "I want a little piece of Paradise." This is why my parents tossed out the name Candace for me (Candy) before I was born.

Guess my parents didn't think about that!

I've watched that "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" show a few times. It leaves me scratching my head.

The title really should be changed to "I didn't heed the warning signs I was pregnant."

EVERY one of the episodes I watched, the woman had indicators but dismissed them. Oh, I gained weight, must be the freshman fifteen. Oh, I'm moody, must be because my boyfriend just broke up with me. Oops, no cycle this month - well it's ok I'm fat and irregular anyway.

So that makes the kid a Panamanian citizen, right??

Yes. :) Actually assuming that both parents are US citizens the child will have automatic US citizenship. They just have to file the appropriate paperwork within so many days. She could have a dual citizenship if it is allowed with the Panamanian government. Was she born on the ship?? If so then she wouldn't have a Panamanian citizenship because she was born in international waters.

she could go on that "I didnt know I was pregnant" show. MTV maybe? I saw it once and that was it

Not MTV...TLC, I think

I have seen it before too. Some pretty unbelieveable stories.

That baby did look to 'healthy' (big) to be one of those babies.... (to me anyway)

;)

I hope she doesn't name that girl Paradise. You don't want teenage boys saying, "I want a little piece of Paradise." This is why my parents tossed out the name Candace for me (Candy) before I was born.

My given name IS Kandy, so I can relate...and believe me it does not stop with that one phrase....:rolleyes:

My guess is that she is a "Teem Mom" that had not disclosed her pregnancy to her Mom.. I say this because earlier it was stated that the baby, mother & her mom were taken off by coast guard...

Every now and then I hear on the news that a teen has had a baby and no one knew she was pregnant so it can happen....

Yes. :) Actually assuming that both parents are US citizens the child will have automatic US citizenship. They just have to file the appropriate paperwork within so many days. She could have a dual citizenship if it is allowed with the Panamanian government. Was she born on the ship?? If so then she wouldn't have a Panamanian citizenship because she was born in international waters.

So she is a citizen of the Ocean. Awesome! Ocean doesn't have taxes.

I'm going to guess the mom lied about her due date to go on the cruise. The baby may be a premie but it is definately NOT 24 weeks or younger. I'm going to guess and say 34 weeks. What is your guess. :)

In the video, the nurse is carring the baby, no tubes, no oxygen, nothing.

This (to me, by common sense) says the baby was near full term, a baby under 24 weeks (the cruiseline 'cutoff date') does not have lungs developed enough to breath on its own, this happens closer to 34 or so weeks, babys very premature require special breathing assistance.

~things that make you go "Hmmmm"~

My guess is that she is a "Teem Mom" that had not disclosed her pregnancy to her Mom.. I say this because earlier it was stated that the baby, mother & her mom were taken off by coast guard...

Every now and then I hear on the news that a teen has had a baby and no one knew she was pregnant so it can happen....

Nope...Article says "30 year old"

Definatly NOT a teen....

(and Old enough to know if she was preggers)

Im betting it was a ''the trip is already booked and nothing will happen"

Nope...Article says "30 year old"

Definatly NOT a teen....

(and Old enough to know if she was preggers)

Im betting it was a ''the trip is already booked and nothing will happen"

Opps, didnt read the entire article,,,, I think you must be correct...

Why would anyone even think about it? I was a week early with my son & 2 weeks with my daughter and knew they were likely to come anyday... I guess she probably thought that "IF" it did happen they have a Dr. & Nurses on board..

I am so glad both mother and daughter were ok. However, (and please no flames) I personally feel that the mother acted incredibly irresponsible towards her unborn child. I feel she is incredibly lucky the baby was born without major health issues and that the coastguard was able to help her. Just my two cents.

I am so glad both mother and daughter were ok. However, (and please no flames) I personally feel that the mother acted incredibly irresponsible towards her unborn child. I feel she is incredibly lucky the baby was born without major health issues and that the coastguard was able to help her. Just my two cents.

Why would you be flamed? Unless the baby was premature (it seems not to be) the mother was a complete dope.

Wonder if she had cruise insurance to cover medical evac?

Wonder if it's valid if she lied about her pregnancy?

Wonder if she's one of those women who didn't suspect she was pregnant?:eek:

Do you have to pay 1/2 of the 3rd person rate for the baby?

Someone had to ask.

Good morning,

Stacey

Stacey,

Hope you had a great time on the cruise. We did. It was one crazy cruise. We got our taffy!! I hope you aren't the idiot chick who was on the arm of the tender overlooking the scene. :rolleyes:

GEDC1373.jpg

We on the cruise were wondering the same things that I have seen on this thread. Why was the mother cruising? (Some of were thinking that she thought "Well I thought it said that you had to be less than 24 weeks pregnant when I book":rolleyes:); Are they going to name the kid Paradise or Carnival?; Are they going to be charged for an extra passenger?; What is the nationality of the kid?; Is the kid going to get automatic Platinum status or at least a free cruise at some point?; Is the room steward going to swaddle the baby into a towel animal?

Here are some other pictures that I took of the transfer to the Coast Guard boat.

GEDC1375a.jpg

GEDC1377.jpg

GEDC1379a.jpg

Archived