C&A Changes - Positive!

When I booked the Liberty TransAtlantic for Oct 2011, I was given a choice of a 2 (3?) category upgrade plus $300 OBC OR just the balcony discount. Since I booked single occupancy and may downgrade to OV, depending on pricing, I took the upgrade/OBC offer. It's beginning to look like I made the right choice, for the right reasons. :D

I took the $300 balcony discount and let the onboard credit go when I booked the same cruise. I hope I don't regret this but I was tired of booking cruises trying to outguess what might happen and what might change... hope it works out for you:)

But will the new ability to combine take effect for cruises booked after the June 1 date... I will be watching and waiting for any confirmation if it comes in the next few days

So far the changes sound very positive. My hope is that RC is able to communicate whatever the said changes are to every employee on land or on a ship so the changes are uniform as far as employees knowing what is going on.:rolleyes:

Here's waiting and hoping for the best.

Why start now? ;)

Something just popped into my mind. :eek:

If diamonds are going to be happy...I think some of us D+ will not be happy. I happen to like going to the CL on the ships where it's available. I'll bet you anything we will be kicked out of the CL and have to go to an area for Ds and D+ for a full bar. If they still allow D+ to have CL access OR the "other" location full bar access, I will be happy with that. But if they kick D+ out of the CL and tell us to have our cocktails somewhere else, I for one will not like it. I might be in the minority.

But that is my fear.

Gina

If diamonds are going to be happy...I think some of us D+ will not be happy. I happen to like going to the CL on the ships where it's available. I'll bet you anything we will be kicked out of the CL and have to go to an area for Ds and D+ for a full bar. If they still allow D+ to have CL access OR the "other" location full bar access, I will be happy with that. But if they kick D+ out of the CL and tell us to have our cocktails somewhere else, I for one will not like it. I might be in the minority.

But that is my fear.

Gina

Could be Gina...........they have a growing problem (which is good for them obviously) and I see no way they can grandfather current D+ members unless they come up with a special color card or something like that.

But that is my fear.

Gina

Oh for pete's sake. :D Maybe anti-anxiety drugs are in order too. :D There is absolutely no reason to stress over things that you have no control over. They will make the announcement, everything will be fine...think calming thoughts. That's just goofy. :D:)

But that is my fear.

Gina

Oh for goodness sakes, you'll make yourself sick thinking what if this and what if that.:D

I think that they should let D+ have access to the CL during the daytime hours for the "special" cup of coffee...........but in the evenings...........move cocktail hour to another venue and let the suite guests have the lounge that was designed for them.

On the last several cruises that we have been on, it's getting to the point where D+ Members don't want to share space......and are becoming very territorial.:(

Oh for pete's sake. :D Maybe anti-anxiety drugs are in order too. :D There is absolutely no reason to stress over things that you have no control over. They will make the announcement, everything will be fine...think calming thoughts. That's just goofy. :D

But I like the CL atmosphere! :o

OK, it hasn't happened (yet) so I'll forget about it for now. :p

(Do you have any of those pills to send me? ;) )

Gina

Oh for goodness sakes, you'll make yourself sick thinking what if this and what if that.:D

I think that they should let D+ have access to the CL during the daytime hours for the "special" cup of coffee...........but in the evenings...........move cocktail hour to another venue and let the suite guests have the lounge that was designed for them.

On the last several cruises that we have been on, it's getting to the point where D+ Members don't want to share space......and are becoming very territorial.:(

But see, this is exactly what I don't want to see happen. I like the D+ having a choice between the two locations. It's the cocktail hour in the CL that I like. And with just suite guests in there, it can be pretty boring. And it won't be very profitable for the concierge.

When they had cocktails up in Starquest around the horn it was nice - but it was nice because we could float back and forth between both places.

I actually have a few cruises I'll cancel if we don't have access to Juan Diego....I mean the CL. :rolleyes:

BTW when I was on Freedom, the overcrowding was in the DL, not the CL.

Gina

Oh yeah, speaking of..."things over which we have no control" . We had another earthquake last night, the second noticeable one in a week. I am off to the "did you feel it" USGS website. I meant to log in earlier, thanksfor reminding me. :D:):D

Oh...and my other thought about this is that it isn't likely they'd allow us in just during the day for coffee. I think we'll either have a key or we won't. It will be all or nothing. I'd sure miss that machine. I hope this random thought that popped into my head about the CL is for nothing. :(

I have seen D+ members stake claim to the corner seats in the CL....as if they own them. But it could be like that in any lounge.

Gina

I actually have a few cruises I'll cancel if we don't have access to Juan Diego....I mean the CL. :rolleyes:

BTW when I was on Freedom, the overcrowding was in the DL, not the CL.

Gina

You would actually cancel a cruise if you didn't have CL access?!:eek:

The DL on Freedom Class is much nicer and larger than the CL is.......so I can understand why it would be overcrowded.

We sailed on Grandeur before the "Diamond Event" started. They don't have a lounge. It must be a Florida thing Gina, because we generally go for the itinerary instead of the perks. :p:D:) As much as we enjoy the lounge(s), it's not really why we enjoy cruising so much.

When we were up in the Viking Crown on Grandeur...there were these older ladies that were just having a hissy...about having to pay for driinks.

Weird complaints - The DL on the Freedom with its windows is a much nicer location than the CL. The Diamond evening event on the Navigator was held in a lounge (can't remember the name) between the Viking Crown & the card/game room. Beautiful sunset views. Don't miss the crowded windowless CL at all.

Wouldn't it be easier just allowing so many drinks per day to be free for Diamond and Diamond+ cruisers anywhere on the ship? Just have what ever total you are allowed per day to be logged into your sea pass card. Once your alloted total is up for the day you are done for free drinks for the day.

That way the CL and DL would have plenty of room and it would never be over crowded on any cruise.

That way the people that just go in the CL for the free drinks could get them anywhere and not take up the space that the CL was intended for.

It's so simple to fix this problem.

Jimbo:)

:(

But in my case that "special cup of coffee " (aka capuccino) is my drink of choice since I don't drink alcohol or carbonated beverages. I don't suppose the other venues have a coffee machine like in the CL/DL, do they?

You would actually cancel a cruise if you didn't have CL access?!:eek:

The DL on Freedom Class is much nicer and larger than the CL is.......so I can understand why it would be overcrowded.

Well, yes we would. We have quite a few booked on Radiance and that is our favorite CL. We find JD more entertaining than the shows most evenings. Knowing that Radiance will be in Tampa for only a short time only gives us that short window of opportunity to visit with him. If RCI locks us out, we have no problem staying home in FL during the nicest weather of the year. We also own a nespresso coffee maker....it's better than the CL coffee. Staying home gives us a good reason to not overeat, too. :D

I'm not ever sure why we booked the Halloween cruise. JD won't be there. We had high hopes Georgina would be. But it may end up being irrelevant.

We haven't been doing the land vacations we used to do. This would be the perfect excuse to do more of that. It's hard to do everything...so we've opted for cruising more lately because of the perks. The D+ perks are gradually being diluted. If by some chance they do take away the CL (they only claim Ds will be happy with the changes) then what will be the difference between D and D+? A beach towel or microfiber tote....cruise after cruise? Most D+ sure don't ever see a sign of an upgrade which is the alleged perk.

Yes, I think D and D+ will be leveled out again...then next year will come the new way of obtaining cruise credits and THEN CL access will be given to those at the top level - counting by days, not cruises. This way they will have no need to grandfather anyone in. See what I mean?

This is all speculation on my part. No one in the know has offered me any ideas. I'm just making wild guesses.

Gina

Gina

But in my case that "special cup of coffee " (aka capuccino) is my drink of choice since I don't drink alcohol or carbonated beverages. I don't suppose the other venues have a coffee machine like in the CL/DL, do they?

No they don't. :(

If you want a REALLY BAD cup of coffee, go on the Celebrity Infinity. It's horrible. And by the pool deck it tastes like poisoned mud. LOL

Gina

We sailed on Grandeur before the "Diamond Event" started. They don't have a lounge. It must be a Florida thing Gina, because we generally go for the itinerary instead of the perks. :p:D:) As much as we enjoy the lounge(s), it's not really why we enjoy cruising so much.

When we were up in the Viking Crown on Grandeur...there were these older ladies that were just having a hissy...about having to pay for driinks.

We are doing some new itineraries soon and are looking forward to them. We DID recently discover the Mexican Riviera which we loved and flew to CA a few times just for that. So much for that...we booked one on Carnival next year.

The window views are nice but having lived by the ocean my whole life, spending several summers when I was young in the Bahamas, the ship tends to be the attraction for me. Yes, I like getting off in port though, and then back on the ship since most port towns are alike....Diamond's International, etc. I've had enough sun for a lifetime so I don't even use the pool on the ship. I think I've gotten in the pool twice on all my cruises.

We HAVE had some of our most fun times on ships in the CL. It's easier to form relationships when you know the same people will be there each night. Once access has been given, it's hard to give it back (if that indeed happens)

Now that you mention it, why DO we like cruising? :confused: It must be because there is no pressure and it's relatively cheap. Someone else does all the work and the driving. And we can still get a great cup of coffee in the CL with the push of a button. :p

Gina

I still wished they did the levels by total dollars spent divided by the average number of people cruising. We spend a ton of money on board; but that doesn't really seem to count for anything except their bottom line.

Interesting, let's wait and see. I am just back off the Splendour and the Gold booklets were not as good as preious. The Internet credit was the best option for some web surfing and checking emails. We use the Spa and the 10% was handy but I know a lot of of people don't use that.

At the Spa they automatically added the 15% service charge where as previously it was at the customer's discretion. Even though I have always tipped, if I was not pleased with a service I would like to be able to not reward for so so service.....

Just off the Mariner today and they did not add a 15% tip to the spa bill. We tipped on top of the regular price.

Just off the Mariner today and they did not add a 15% tip to the spa bill. We tipped on top of the regular price.

Yes, but what about the gossip? What did the RCI employee's tell you about the future of the crown and anchor program? ;);)

We are doing some new itineraries soon and are looking forward to them. We DID recently discover the Mexican Riviera which we loved and flew to CA a few times just for that. So much for that...we booked one on Carnival next year.

The window views are nice but having lived by the ocean my whole life, spending several summers when I was young in the Bahamas, the ship tends to be the attraction for me. Yes, I like getting off in port though, and then back on the ship since most port towns are alike....Diamond's International, etc. I've had enough sun for a lifetime so I don't even use the pool on the ship. I think I've gotten in the pool twice on all my cruises.

We HAVE had some of our most fun times on ships in the CL. It's easier to form relationships when you know the same people will be there each night. Once access has been given, it's hard to give it back (if that indeed happens)

Now that you mention it, why DO we like cruising? :confused: It must be because there is no pressure and it's relatively cheap. Someone else does all the work and the driving. And we can still get a great cup of coffee in the CL with the push of a button. :p

Gina

You're right! The Mexican Riviera is fun..they are very nice ports of call. But we have been visiting the same 5 common ones plus the more obscure ones, for the last 18 years.

I believe you have also booked the Radiance, Australia to Hawaii cruise

in 2012?...we are looking forward to that one! We have a Serenade cruise (2) booked next year out of San Juan. Serenade is pretty much our favorite ship. :)

In due time this will be addressed. It should have been corrected a long time ago. And it will be.

And what do you consider to be "due time"? This is something that has been discussed for months, if not years, on cruise critic and deemed to be long overdue. If they haven't deemed it worthy of correction by now why should we expect them to do so at some future date? If, as you claim, it will be corrected, why not do it now? Frankly, I still believe that whatever system they eventually establish to take the place of the current one, will be seen as unfair by some cruisers, while others will find a way to game the system and turn the rules to their own advantage.:)

I have seen D+ members stake claim to the corner seats in the CL....as if they own them. But it could be like that in any lounge.

Gina

Are you certain that they were D+members and not suite guests? I can't usually distinguish between the two unless they mention their status or indicate what category of room they booked. :rolleyes: I didn't realize it was so easy to tell them apart. Perhaps on your cruise they wore special marks on their forehead? People who act as though they are 'entitled' to special privileges aren't limited to one group of cruiser or another. The behavior you have seen from Diamond + members, is very likely the same behavior that others may have observed from some suite guests.

Archived