C&A Changes - Positive!

We went to the diamond breakfast one time. It took SOOOO long to get the coffee that we never went back. Apparently the machine was broken on that floor and they had to go somewhere else for the coffee.

We had the exact same experience on Legend. The service was slow and the cappuccinos had to be brought from the speciality coffee vendor on another deck. In addition, they were confused and made us sign for the coffee, which we later had to have removed from our bill.

We never went back. The Winjammer, sans cappuccinos, was much more convenient.

And by that same reasoning I think that they should give an extra credit to singles paying double to cruise. I just always felt that they should get something for that extra money and it is not a big financial hit on the cruiseline.

I agree completely. Princess does this so I will start off with two credits with them after my first cruise in February. I haven't compared anything else, but I think I am going to like Princess. I just wish they did 3 night Bahamas cruises - i'd be Elite in a heartbeat :D

Good morning and I do agree with you about getting that extra credit if you are upgraded to a JS or above. If you pay for it then you earn it.

I think that Gerry actually has 300 cruises not credits. Greta has her own count, but doesn't have nearly as much as Jerry does.

As far as relatives of Captains earning credits..........as long as they pay for a cruise, then they are entitled to the credit.

Then if Grete and using Gerri's count, that seems better. He claimed to usually cruise in suites so I'd think the 300 would be a cruise credit count but I don't have any real issue with that. That's they way they do it so many of us have benefited that way. Just listening to these cruise credit stories in the lounge is rather entertaining. Not quite as entertaining as watching how some people show up in the morning ;) if you know what I mean...but entertaining none the less. :)

Yes, anyone who pays should get the benefits of their credits. I don't know if relatives pay the same....but it could also be like any contest or sweepstakes....if you are related to someone in the company, you can't win the prize. It could appear as cheating - in a sweepstakes. When it comes to a bottle of non-champagne, it probably isn't a big deal. :rolleyes:

Gina

And by that same reasoning I think that they should give an extra credit to singles paying double to cruise. I just always felt that they should get something for that extra money and it is not a big financial hit on the cruiseline.

This might be true...if they are really paying double. I think they have some real single bargains from time to time. I have a friend who had a $7 single supplement once when she booked at the last minute. I would say one cruise credit is in order for that booking.

Gina

This might be true...if they are really paying double. I think they have some real single bargains from time to time. I have a friend who had a $7 single supplement once when she booked at the last minute. I would say one cruise credit is in order for that booking.

Gina

Can't beat those last minute deals can you!

I'm counting on someone here to post the new changes as soon as they are available. I hope we can interpret them....i.e. they are not mumbo jumbo like the new price guarantee!

Oh I'm sure there will be a new thread started.

As far as interpretation.........it will either be "Yes You Can" or "No You Can Not"!!:D

Good morning and I do agree with you about getting that extra credit if you are upgraded to a JS or above. If you pay for it then you earn it.

The latest that I had heard from C & A is that if you are booked in a balcony and are upgraded to a JS or better, you will only receive the same number of credits that you would have received in the balcony. So, for a 7 night cruise, being upgraded to a GS from a D-1 would only give you one point.

Anyone else heard the same thing. I believe that it started over a month ago.;)

Rick

The latest that I had heard from C & A is that if you are booked in a balcony and are upgraded to a JS or better, you will only receive the same number of credits that you would have received in the balcony. So, for a 7 night cruise, being upgraded to a GS from a D-1 would only give you one point.

Anyone else heard the same thing. I believe that it started over a month ago.;)

Rick

Yes, we have friends that did Mariner in March/April, I believe, and were upgraded to one of the suites. When they called after checking their history they were told that they were only only given 1 credit because of what they actually booked initially.

I think that is a good rule and I hope that C&A sticks to it.

Oh I'm sure there will be a new thread started.

As far as interpretation.........it will either be "Yes You Can" or "No You Can Not"!!:D

Unless it's yes you can...in this case, and no you can't...in that case, or if you book here you can or book there you can't. You know...... :p

Gina

I'm counting on someone here to post the new changes as soon as they are available. I hope we can interpret them....i.e. they are not mumbo jumbo like the new price guarantee!

I just now got a tweet from royal caribbean....NOT the one we want. It was "so how are you spending your memorial day weekend?" :eek:

Gina

I just now got a tweet from royal caribbean....NOT the one we want. It was "so how are you spending your memorial day weekend?" :eek:

Gina

To bad you can't tweet back and tell them............"I'm waiting for C&A to make my day"!!:D

To bad you can't tweet back and tell them............"I'm waiting for C&A to make my day"!!:D

I think there might be a way to do that....I don't know how. :confused:

I was never too into twitter but I think it was Tony who mentioned paying attention to RCI's tweets. So since I already had an account, I set it to send mobile tweets....just from RCI. :)

hahaha.....I just did it from my computer....I made a reply to that tweet with "@royalcaribbean waiting for you to make my day with only positive C&A changes........ :D" I couldn't remember what you said to say...was that close enough? Too funny...thanks for that suggestion.

Gina

I think there might be a way to do that....I don't know how. :confused:

I was never too into twitter but I think it was Tony who mentioned paying attention to RCI's tweets. So since I already had an account, I set it to send mobile tweets....just from RCI. :)

hahaha.....I just did it from my computer....I made a reply to that tweet with "@royalcaribbean waiting for you to make my day with only positive C&A changes........ :D" I couldn't remember what you said to say...was that close enough? Too funny...thanks for that suggestion.

Gina

Sounds good to me.

So these new C & A rules will definitely be announced and effective on June 1?

Absolutely nothing is definite until they make the announcement. June 1 is only the latest in a number of dates when announcements have been predicted. There seems to be a bit more agreement on this latest prediction but if June 1st comes and goes without an announcement being made, the only thing that is certain is that someone will come up with a new and absolutely definite date. ;) Part of the fun (??) of these boards is all the predictions and rumors that arise when someone returns from a cruise with the inside information that they have gained in talking to the crew member who vacuums the public areas, or hands out towels by the pool, or sometimes is even a high ranking officer on the ship.:D

Absolutely nothing is definite until they make the announcement. June 1 is only the latest in a number of dates when announcements have been predicted. There seems to be a bit more agreement on this latest prediction but if June 1st comes and goes without an announcement being made, the only thing that is certain is that someone will come up with a new and absolutely definite date. ;) Part of the fun (??) of these boards is all the predictions and rumors that arise when someone returns from a cruise with the inside information that they have gained in talking to the crew member who vacuums the public areas, or hands out towels by the pool, or sometimes is even a high ranking officer on the ship.:D

Yeah! Like the captain. Didn't one captain say that diamonds would be happy...according to someone here? LOL

Gina

Are you telling us that high ranking officers now sometimes hand out towels or vacuum the public areas;):eek::p

Well now, I do hope you will remember all of your friends on this side of the pond and let us have the scoop...........or will we hear it first?:D

You know what happens when I type past bedtime;):eek:. But I assume you´ll know it first on your side, while I´m occupied with my second last day at work.

The revamping of the system has been in the works for approximately five years now. As you know when dealing with huge billion dollar corporations these type of major changes take time. Years in fact. The system will be changed because Royal knows it has to be changed. And they've known it for quite a long time already. It's just making the fairest changes for all those involved and angering the fewest customers possible. June 1st is only the first shoe to drop.

So, should I take your response to mean that they have still not put the finishing touches on the new system? If so, I guess that when they eventually reveal their "new" system we will be absolutely stunned by the results of a more than five year effort. Clearly after more than five years of polishing and refining the system we should be suitably impressed by the scope and thoroughness of their finished product. :rolleyes: If your standard for dealing with a major decision by a huge billion dollar corporation is to be accepted as normal, then we should be commending BP for their "swift" handling of the Gulf oil spill.:(

I thought that the first shoe dropped last year when they made significant changes to the Crown and Anchor program and subsequently made some revisions in order to reduce the degree of dissatisfaction that their actions created.

You know what happens when I type past bedtime;):eek:. But I assume you´ll know it first on your side, while I´m occupied with my second last day at work.

Oh yeah, I forgot.:p

Well, if I don't get a chance to tell you have a wonderful time on Oasis.......I will tell you now. And please tell Reyno that we said hello.

Archived