Craziest/Strangest "need to know" questions seen on here

The other day I did chuckle when I saw someone asking what type of cups the coffee was served in in Cafe Promenade...........WHY do you need to know this information now ?

Other questions I find just as unecessary are

"Who is the captain on........."

"Who is the Cruise Director on ..........."

"What restaurants will be open when we board"

All of these will become clear when you board the ship.

Me too. Why do you need to know that? Are you going to refuse to get on board if the Captain is not acceptable? What makes a captain unacceptable anyway?

Me too. Why do you need to know that? Are you going to refuse to get on board if the Captain is not acceptable? What makes a captain unacceptable anyway?

As long as it isn't Captain Crunch or Captain Kangaroo, I'm fine with just about any other captain. Who really cares?

I don't care who the Captain or CD or anyone else on the ship is...as long as I don't have to drive, I'm good!

Now, I would be upset if they didn't carry Miller Lite....but they do, so life's good!

I have no idea why people need to see the menu before boarding a ship. Sure, ask if people have favorite things...but what if you plan your whole dinners in advance and the menu has changed :);)

Plus, I have no idea why, if you want to book the specialty restaurant one night, it would matter what is on the menu in the MDR. Your life will go on if you miss the fishermans plate, or any other item on the menu in the MDR.

I suppose I just like to make a decision on what to eat after I sit down and a menu is presented to me.

The ones that kill me are the "can I bring" questions.

Can I bring

-a crock pot?

-an electric fan?

-my own food?

-twelve cases of water?

-my own sheets?

-an inflatable pool?

-a segway?

By all means, bring it all! Back that u-haul right up to the curb. The porters will be happy to assist you! I can see why it would just kill you to be without these things for an entire week.

This is my favorite post of all times.

I laugh every time I see these questions on here. My favorite is the questions regarding beds in specific cabins. "Is the mattress in Cabin 8420 on Explorer OTS comfortable?" How in the WORLD would anyone know what you find comfortable in a bed?

Be prepared for the hell storm that is coming however. The folks that ask a ton of these questions unfortunately tend to respond poorly to any negative feedback or commentary.

The other day I did chuckle when I saw someone asking what type of cups the coffee was served in in Cafe Promenade...........WHY do you need to know this information now ?

"What restaurants will be open when we board"

All of these will become clear when you board the ship.

In fairness, I hated Indy's coffee out of the paper cups, it tasted much better out of the plastic ones so maybe it's something to do with that.

and the cruise director could I imagine play a big part in your enjoyment of the cruise, you see him at nearly every entertainment event so that's understandable, you might have a favourite CD!. As for the restaurants thing, my wife and I filled up on breakfast at our hotel before boarding Indy, because we weren't sure what or when food would be available on board. It IS useful to know.

Hey, I'm going to bring a fan. Air conditioning on the Enchantment seemed to be severely lacking, but then again we went the end of June. It's not some monster fan, just a small desk box fan, which will easily fit in the suitcase.

That being said, the dumbest one I ever saw....

"Which way does ship X face in port?"

Seriously......

The ones that kill me are the "can I bring" questions.

Can I bring

-a crock pot?

-an electric fan?

-my own food?

-twelve cases of water?

-my own sheets?

-an inflatable pool?

-a segway?

By all means, bring it all! Back that u-haul right up to the curb. The porters will be happy to assist you! I can see why it would just kill you to be without these things for an entire week.

Anticipation of the cruise is half of the fun, making the experience last more than just the week or so you are on the ship. Seeing the Compasses, Menus, knowing who the captain/CD are, etc, might seem silly. While most people wouldn't book/cancel a cruise based on these, finding them out ahead of time fuels the anticipation thus increasing the fun factor.

These just kill me....

HAS ANYONE BEEN ON ________ OF THE SEAS?

I just want to scream......No you will be the very first ever!!!

HAS ANYONE EVER BEEN IN CABIN _______?

Again, I just want to scream back.....Nope, you'll be the very first!!

Come on people, watch how you word these.

That being said, the dumbest one I ever saw....

"Which way does ship X face in port?"

Seriously......

Why would that be dumb? If you are booking a balcony, sunrise or sunsets from the balcony can be a factor in determining what side of the ship or cabin you choose.

How would you feel if you got up early one morning to see the sunrise from your cabin only to find you couldn't see it because your inside cabin was on the wrong side of the ship?:D

Question. Why do people ask, on a Friday, why people ask questions?

I suspect the answer is they are just grumpy cause they are not going on a cruise this weekend!!!:p:p:p

GREAT ONE EVALUATOR!!!! I agree, and I am admittedly sort of grumpy today for not preparing for a cruise this weekend. :( :D I say if you don't like a question, don't answer it and move on. Some people are just excited and like to ask questions even if they seem "crazy" to other people. What harm is it doing? Especially for the newbies who are not seasoned like some of you on here. What seems "crazy" or "strange" to one is a good question for another. I like reading all of the questions, silly or not as I've learned so much on here from reading all posts and all comments. Thanks to those who take the time to answer the "crazy" questions!

I'm amused by (but very accepting of!) other people's perspectives on things. For example.. this thread is a perfect case and point.

Judging by the responses to this thread, I can see some people are somewhat bothered by questions that I find perfectly appropriate.

I LOVE to see copies of the compass/dailys from the same itinerary.

I LOVE to see photos of my exact cabin if anyone has them, especially from the view from the balcony.

I LOVE to see menus or pictures of food.

You see, from my perspective, I find great excitement in the anticipation of the cruise. All of these things help be gear up for the cruise itself.

Personally, I don't care who the CD or captain is, but others might! I don't begrudge them that desire to know.

I've only been on 4 cruises, so I am still in the honeymoon phase, I suppose. So, I think it's great to see someone so excited about their cruise.. I relive some of those feelings myself when I read their questions.

Now.. having said all of that, I do admit that there are some questions that can be silly because they are unanswerable based on weather, etc.

Happy Sailing!! :)

I'm amused by (but very accepting of!) other people's perspectives on things. For example.. this thread is a perfect case and point.

Judging by the responses to this thread, I can see some people are somewhat bothered by questions that I find perfectly appropriate.

I LOVE to see copies of the compass/dailys from the same itinerary.

I LOVE to see photos of my exact cabin if anyone has them, especially from the view from the balcony.

I LOVE to see menus or pictures of food.

You see, from my perspective, I find great excitement in the anticipation of the cruise. All of these things help be gear up for the cruise itself.

Personally, I don't care who the CD or captain is, but others might! I don't begrudge them that desire to know.

I've only been on 4 cruises, so I am still in the honeymoon phase, I suppose. So, I think it's great to see someone so excited about their cruise.. I relive some of those feelings myself when I read their questions.

Now.. having said all of that, I do admit that there are some questions that can be silly because they are unanswerable based on weather, etc.

Happy Sailing!! :)

Oh I'm not bothered I just think it's funny

I REALLY want to know how KNOWING NOW what type of cup the coffee is served in at Cafe Promenade is going to be of any benefit.

How about....

"Is the Food Good or Bad"??

Well, it's a pretty sure bet it will be one or the other!

Or

"Can 4 people fit in a cabin"?

Sure, but they might not be able to use the bathroom when they need to.

Oh.. this is perfect!!!

See, to me... those are appropriate questions. I am sure I asked, or wondered the exact same things before my first cruise.

I did not have an appreciation for cabin size until I opened that door for the first time on that first cruise.

Maybe we might want to try and read between the lines a little with some of these questions as well. What's the person really asking? Try not to take the question literally if it seems too odd.

Archived