Craziest/Strangest "need to know" questions seen on here

[quote name='EVALUATOR']After enough posts, you will probably notice a post on cruise critic is not that dissimilar to a deposition.:D

Anything you say can and will be held against you.:eek:[/quote]

Anything? In that case......

Carrie Underwood, Gisele Bundchen, Betty White :D

[quote name='schmoopie17']As long as it isn't Captain Crunch or Captain Kangaroo, I'm fine with just about any other captain. Who really cares?[/quote]

As a child that was my favorite cereal and my favorite TV show. I think together they would make for a fine cruise.

[quote name='PrincesScuba']
(add those food and entertainment costs in, and THEN compare price!!!)[/quote]

There really is no comparison...........Besides, nothing against Orlando but I lived right outside that zoo for 15 years and spent 41 days in the hospital there.........Orlando isnt vacation to me :) I have done Disney and Universal numerous times.

Put me on a ship out in the middle of the ocean! :D I dont even really care about the ports.........I think I would honestly be happy on a cruise ship if it just rode around in huge circles out of sight of land for a week lol.

[quote name='Parkay']My favorite question is the one when they ask what the diameter of the puck on the shuffleboard is. :D:D:D

Seriously though, questions don't really bother me no matter what the question is. As others have pointed out, it's all about the excitement of an upcoming vacation and for every "dumb" question asked, there are hundreds of people reading the answers with great excitement and interest. I know I'm one of them. And for all the dumb questions asked, I have learned a great deal of information on cruising.

But I will admit, sometimes some of the questions do make me laugh. All in good fun though.[/quote]

How do you guys answer this one? I have stayed clear of it for years on here when I see it. :eek:
I have never thought of an answer to give a person who asked it without giving "TMI".

[quote]Their Question: How is the toilet paper? Do I have to bring my own?[/quote]

There is no way I am dragging my own 3000+ miles from home. I do not care how bad it could get. :o
My clothes come first in those suitcases. ;)

[quote name='Arizona Cruz Chic']These just kill me....

HAS ANYONE BEEN ON ________ OF THE SEAS?
I just want to scream......No you will be the very first ever!!!

HAS ANYONE EVER BEEN IN CABIN _______?
Again, I just want to scream back.....Nope, you'll be the very first!!

Come on people, watch how you word these.

***[/quote]

You should come over to the cruise air forum, where's it's filled with
"HAS ANYONE BEEN ON _______ AIRLINES" and
"HAS ANYONE EVERY BEEN TO _______ AIRPORT"

But if you really want to wind people up, go over to the "Britain" thread and ask (in a new thread) "What's the best way to get from London to Dover/Southampton/Harwich"

[quote name='Happy ks']I have no idea why people need to see the menu before boarding a ship. Sure, ask if people have favorite things...but what if you plan your whole dinners in advance and the menu has changed :);)

Plus, I have no idea why, if you want to book the specialty restaurant one night, it would matter what is on the menu in the MDR. Your life will go on if you miss the fishermans plate, or any other item on the menu in the MDR.

I suppose I just like to make a decision on what to eat after I sit down and a menu is presented to me.[/quote]
[SIZE=4]I guess that they want to see what they will be serving them to dinner, In most cases in other RCL in the past they would have our menu showing outside the doorway into the dining room. I gather this way this gentleman wants to know before he books this cruise on the food, some of it is not to everyone's liking and I gather from reading what he says its true.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]I personally did not care for most of the food on the Oasis but I liked the food on Carnival and the FOS.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]I guess everyone has choices to decide.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]Good luck to you all![/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]Honey[/SIZE]

[quote name='mation101']This question always gets me:

What size is the starfish in the shower and is it possible to get two or three?[/quote]

OMG, that is just way too funny. My 7 year old daughter is looking at me right now as if I have totally lost my mind as I am in convulsions laughing. I still miss the Starfish thread.

[quote name='PhoenixCruiser']Really :confused::eek:

You gave me a hard time when I asked the same question recently.

Your response was:

"Why are you so bloody rude ???? "

###[/quote]

You go girl. ;) How soon one forgets. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Arizona Cruz Chic']These just kill me....

HAS ANYONE BEEN ON ________ OF THE SEAS?
I just want to scream......No you will be the very first ever!!!

HAS ANYONE EVER BEEN IN CABIN _______?
Again, I just want to scream back.....Nope, you'll be the very first!!

Come on people, watch how you word these.

***[/QUOTE]

Is anyone else going on the tuna fish of the seas next November, there is no one on the roll call? No you will have the whole ship by your self

[quote name='Toddcan']I'm amused by (but very accepting of!) other people's perspectives on things. For example.. this thread is a perfect case and point.

Judging by the responses to this thread, I can see some people are somewhat bothered by questions that I find perfectly appropriate.

I LOVE to see copies of the compass/dailys from the same itinerary.
I LOVE to see photos of my exact cabin if anyone has them, especially from the view from the balcony.
I LOVE to see menus or pictures of food.

You see, from my perspective, I find great excitement in the anticipation of the cruise. All of these things help be gear up for the cruise itself.

Personally, I don't care who the CD or captain is, but others might! I don't begrudge them that desire to know.

I've only been on 4 cruises, so I am still in the honeymoon phase, I suppose. So, I think it's great to see someone so excited about their cruise.. I relive some of those feelings myself when I read their questions.

Now.. having said all of that, I do admit that there are some questions that can be silly because they are unanswerable based on weather, etc.

Happy Sailing!! :)[/QUOTE]

I have been on nine cruises and I still anticipate each one the same way you do. I LOVE getting all the information I can in advance of my trip.

Like you, I agree with the unanswerable. I can't tell someone which of two itineraries is "better" or which cabin to choose or rate the food for them. Those things have to do with individual taste.

I'm always amused by the ones like: "how much is the taxi fare from MIA to the port?". Why bother asking, it is what it is. If it's 25.00 instead of 18.00 what are you going to do, walk?:D

Or the old classic: "should I pay another 200.00 for a balcony instead of an ocean view?" These show up all the time. How can anyone else know the answer to that, it's a personal/financial decision for each individual. Would someone really make that decision because total strangers on the internet advised them to?:rolleyes:

It's amazing how much micro-managing people try to do for what's supposed to be a relaxing vacation. I've seen people that "needed" to have a picture of the room, "needed" to know what type of shampoo is in the shower, "needed" to know whether the bed was on the left or right when you walk in.

These people have no concept of serendipity. It's kind of a sad way to live.

[quote name='The_Baron']In fairness, I [I]hated[/I] Indy's coffee out of the paper cups, it tasted much better out of the plastic ones so maybe it's something to do with that.

and the cruise director could I imagine play a big part in your enjoyment of the cruise, you see him at nearly every entertainment event so that's understandable, you might have a favourite CD!. As for the restaurants thing, my wife and I filled up on breakfast at our hotel before boarding Indy, because we weren't sure what or when food would be available on board. It IS useful to know.[/quote]

I can understand the type of cup also. I do not like to drink coffee out of those white Styrofoam disposable cups. Knowing if the coffee cups are glass or hard plastic, or even paper helped me with the decision as to pack a 'real' coffee cup.

[quote name='schmoopie17']As long as it isn't Captain Crunch or Captain Kangaroo, I'm fine with just about any other captain. Who really cares?[/quote]

I don't care if it's Captain Kirk, as long as he/she can navigate safely from pier to pier or star system to star system, whatever!

[quote name='bouhunter']I'm always amused by the ones like: "how much is the taxi fare from MIA to the port?". Why bother asking, it is what it is. If it's 25.00 instead of 18.00 what are you going to do, walk?:D
[/quote]

I would expect this is more for budgeting purposes or knowing how much cash to have on them. Perhaps the person is in a large group and is evaluating what is going to be the cheapest way to get to the port.

Some people like to see menu's and compass's as it adds to the anticipation. Some people ask questions about weather because they are wanting to get an idea of average temperatures.

The questions that I find strange are when people ask how much they should budget for spending, whether it will be worth it to them to pay for a balcony, etc. If a question can be answered, than I don't find it strange. I assume they have a reason for wanting to know.

[quote name='PrincesScuba']Vacation home? VACATION HOME?!?!?!?!?

That means that I still have to shop, cook, clean, go out and find entertainment, etc., etc., etc.

NO THANK YOU!

:)

(add those food and entertainment costs in, and THEN compare price!!!)[/quote]

Ok, since you asked:
Vacation home: $750/wk
Food: $80/meal x 14 meals = $1,120 (assumes we eat out twice per day, every day)
Entertainment: Come on, this is Orlando, or a beach front home, lots of stuff to do, but even with Universal or Disney or Sea World, you can easily do $300/day = $2,100
Total: $3,970

Cruise: (Based on our last cruise on the Liberty):
2 Cabins: $5,404
Tips: $240
Onboard account: $800
Excursions: $800
Total: $7,244

Note:
the vacation homes have a tad more room than our cabins did. ;)
No one hogs the chairs at out private pool :)
I did not prepare 1 meal at the vacation home (restaurants)
I did not clean the house... maid service at the end.

My point is, that Vacation homes used to be very expensive... check them out now!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE crusing. But, it's hard to turn down savings like this and still get a dream vacation.

Archived