Craziest/Strangest "need to know" questions seen on here

Oh.. this is perfect!!!

See, to me... those are appropriate questions. I am sure I asked, or wondered the exact same things before my first cruise.

I did not have an appreciation for cabin size until I opened that door for the first time on that first cruise.

Maybe we might want to try and read between the lines a little with some of these questions as well. What's the person really asking? Try not to take the question literally if it seems too odd.

Off topic but I just wanted to say hi Todd! Not sure if you remember me :) we exchanged emails a few times back in 08 about the Holiday.

Hope all is well with you and your family :)

I find myself hanging over here a lot more now. One Royal cruise down, many to go hopefully :)

My favorite question is the one when they ask what the diameter of the puck on the shuffleboard is. :D:D:D

Seriously though, questions don't really bother me no matter what the question is. As others have pointed out, it's all about the excitement of an upcoming vacation and for every "dumb" question asked, there are hundreds of people reading the answers with great excitement and interest. I know I'm one of them. And for all the dumb questions asked, I have learned a great deal of information on cruising.

But I will admit, sometimes some of the questions do make me laugh. All in good fun though.

Oh.. this is perfect!!!

See, to me... those are appropriate questions. I am sure I asked, or wondered the exact same things before my first cruise.

I did not have an appreciation for cabin size until I opened that door for the first time on that first cruise.

Maybe we might want to try and read between the lines a little with some of these questions as well. What's the person really asking? Try not to take the question literally if it seems too odd.

I understand what you are saying.............

The question about food can range from excellent to absolutely terrible. It all depends on the ship and the chef. The problem is that what one person finds as excellent /terrible the next person might feel the opposite. So asking a question about is the food good or bad is like asking is the water warm or cold when you went swimming. It would be different to everyone.

We have done consecutive cruises, where the first cruise the food was wonderful. The following cruise it was not and it was the same menu.

As for cabin size and 4 people.........one family of 4 might not have any problem. The next family of 4 might.

These just kill me....

HAS ANYONE BEEN ON ________ OF THE SEAS?

I just want to scream......No you will be the very first ever!!!

HAS ANYONE EVER BEEN IN CABIN _______?

Again, I just want to scream back.....Nope, you'll be the very first!!

Come on people, watch how you word these.

I want to do the same thing. With all of the people on CC nobody else has every been in that cabin or on that ship? How about can anyone tell me about . . .

To me I do like to know what to expect when boarding so try to find out as much as I can. I like to get a lot of my planning out of the way before I sail so when I get on the ship I can be on vacation too. All reservations are made, excursions booked, etc. I can sit back and enjoy :D just like the rest of my family.

I like seeing menus because it gives me an idea of what kinds of foods are served on a particular cruise line - not that I want to plan my meals beforehand.

I think the question "where should I go on my first cruise" is one of the ones I think is funny. Even more than "which ship should I go on".

Off topic but I just wanted to say hi Todd! Not sure if you remember me :) we exchanged emails a few times back in 08 about the Holiday.

Hope all is well with you and your family :)

I find myself hanging over here a lot more now. One Royal cruise down, many to go hopefully :)

Yes, I remember you! You know, that Carnival Holiday was a great cruise. Old, small, smelly ship, but we loved it! We had a great time. Mind you, we had a much better time on the Liberty of the Seas last summer.

I have a cruise booked for next year, but I am pretty sure I will be cancelling it. You see, the deals on resorts and vacation homes are simply amazing right now. We are doing land based this year, and looks like next year too.

Eg:

5 bdrm Vacation home with heated pool in Orlando at march break: $750/week, taxes and pool heat included! 4 of us went down.

4 bedroom beachfront home in St. Kitts/Nevis with pool. $2,000/wk.

The deals are insane! Cruising prices are on the upswing, so it's an easy (yet difficult!!) choice for us to pick land based over cruising.

It's all in how the questions are worded. "What's the weather like in xxx in February" would better be asked as, "What was your weather like on the Feb. 2010 cruise to ..." Being specific with your question allows a person to share their experience rather than having to generalze when they answer.

Fortunately, from what I've seen so far, when the "funny" questions are asked, they are almost always answered with a friendly attitude.

It's all in how the questions are worded. "What's the weather like in xxx in February" would better be asked as, "What was your weather like on the Feb. 2010 cruise to ..." Being specific with your question allows a person to share their experience rather than having to generalze when they answer.

Fortunately, from what I've seen so far, when the "funny" questions are asked, they are almost always answered with a friendly attitude.

Hello and welcome to CC!!!

Oh I'm not bothered I just think it's funny

I REALLY want to know how KNOWING NOW what type of cup the coffee is served in at Cafe Promenade is going to be of any benefit.

Some of the paper cups make coffee taste terrible

:cj

[quote name='cb at sea']I don't care who the Captain or CD or anyone else on the ship is...as long as I don't have to drive, I'm good!

Now, I would be upset if they didn't carry Miller Lite....but they do, so life's good![/quote]

Me i would love to drive,but i would like it if they had english beer on board!

[quote name='Special Ed']It's all in how the questions are worded. "What's the weather like in xxx in February" would better be asked as, "What was your weather like on the Feb. 2010 cruise to ..." Being specific with your question allows a person to share their experience rather than having to generalze when they answer.

Fortunately, from what I've seen so far, when the "funny" questions are asked, they are almost always answered with a friendly attitude.[/quote]

After enough posts, you will probably notice a post on cruise critic is not that dissimilar to a deposition.:D

Anything you say can and will be held against you.:eek:

[quote name='schmoopie17']As long as it isn't Captain Crunch or Captain Kangaroo, I'm fine with just about any other captain. Who really cares?[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=red] how about Captain Chaos? :D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

"Is the food bad on RCCL?" Yep, I had to choke down every meal on the Oasis a couple of weeks ago.:eek:

"Is the water safe to drink?" :confused: Nope, it's recycled toilet and bilge water. They are no longer allowed to pump it into the ocean. There is a huge bazillion gallon plastic water bottle in the hull that they fill up at each port to cook with.

[quote name='Arizona Cruz Chic']These just kill me....

HAS ANYONE BEEN ON ________ OF THE SEAS?
I just want to scream......No you will be the very first ever!!!

***[/QUOTE]

I always think the same thing as you....."No, that ship sails empty every week, you'll be the first. Let us know how you like it, okay? " :D:):D

[quote name='schmoopie17']As long as it isn't Captain Crunch or Captain Kangaroo, I'm fine with just about any other captain. Who really cares?[/quote]

Thanks...I just spit iced tea all over my laptop.....:D

[quote name='Toddcan']Yes, I remember you! You know, that Carnival Holiday was a great cruise. Old, small, smelly ship, but we loved it! We had a great time. Mind you, we had a much better time on the Liberty of the Seas last summer.

I have a cruise booked for next year, but I am pretty sure I will be cancelling it. You see, the deals on resorts and vacation homes are simply amazing right now. We are doing land based this year, and looks like next year too.
Eg:
[COLOR=Red]5 bdrm Vacation home with heated pool in Orlando at march break: $750/week, taxes and pool heat included! 4 of us went down. [/COLOR]
4 bedroom beachfront home in St. Kitts/Nevis with pool. $2,000/wk.

The deals are insane! Cruising prices are on the upswing, so it's an easy (yet difficult!!) choice for us to pick land based over cruising.[/quote]

Vacation home? VACATION HOME?!?!?!?!?

That means that I still have to shop, cook, clean, go out and find entertainment, etc., etc., etc.

NO THANK YOU!

:)

(add those food and entertainment costs in, and THEN compare price!!!)

[quote name='PrincesScuba']Vacation home? VACATION HOME?!?!?!?!?

That means that I still have to shop, cook, clean, go out and find entertainment, etc., etc., etc.

NO THANK YOU!

:)

(add those food and entertainment costs in, and THEN compare price!!!)[/quote]

Amen! Not for me either, give me a cruise anyday!!

Archived