Craziest/Strangest "need to know" questions seen on here

[quote name='Arizona Cruz Chic']These just kill me....

HAS ANYONE BEEN ON ________ OF THE SEAS?
I just want to scream......No you will be the very first ever!!!

HAS ANYONE EVER BEEN IN CABIN _______?
Again, I just want to scream back.....Nope, you'll be the very first!!

Come on people, watch how you word these.

***[/quote]

I agree add to those "Anyone just off of the _____?
Nope everyone stayed on for the next cruise.

[quote name='Special Ed']Hello and Thank you very much!!! Sorry...I thought I had posted last year when I joined so was surprised to see this was my first :eek:

Great thread, BTW.[/QUOTE]
Hi all: I read through this page, and as funny as some of it sounds, I know people do ask all kinds of questions. Some of the funny things I think of are:

Can you print a menu for xxx ship, so I can decide what I want to eat each night? How can anyone know what they will feel like eating 6 months in advance. I don't even know what's for dinner tonight LOL.

Can I board the ship early? No, I think you should board late...perhaps plan to miss it...It's a cruise, get there as early as you can and start your vacation.

Cups - does it matter? Ya mean you never drank coffee/soda out of a platic/styro cup? Please! Will that ruin your vacation? OMG

This list can go on and on. Sometimes I do ask what I think is a reasonable question, because I really think it's important regarding the cruise. I try to ask something important if I can't find it on my own.

How much money to bring? How does anyone know what you will do on your cruise..It's your job to figure that out before you go.

Clothes..Do I need to dress for Formal Nights? Well, I would suggest dressing. I don't want to see your naked body.

Well, I've had my fun for today :-)

Now back to basics. Going 8/29 to Bermuda on NCL - Dawn Can't wait! Going RCCL Explorer, 11/7 for 12 nights Southern...Can't wait for that either!

Just wondering, do I need luggage?

LOLOL :-)

Have a wonderful, safe day everyone!!!

[quote name='EVALUATOR']Why would that be dumb? If you are booking a balcony, sunrise or sunsets from the balcony can be a factor in determining what side of the ship or cabin you choose.

How would you feel if you got up early one morning to see the sunrise from your cabin only to find you couldn't see it because your inside cabin was on the wrong side of the ship?:D[/QUOTE]It's silly because there is ZERO chance of predicting docking patterns and directions from one cruise to the next. There are just too many variables. Unless you are on a trans-Atlantic (where there is a sunny side and a shady side) or an Alaskan cruise (facing land or facing water) ir really makes NO difference!

Favorite CD --- the most QUIET !!!

Favorite Captain --- the most SOBER !!!

Also love the "How much money will I spend on my SeaPass account" questions??? :D :) :D

I'm one that really doesn't care.

When I board, if I'm hungry, I will find food. our cabin will be provided a listing of events, activities, blah blah blah I don't need any of that in advance.

Most anything else of interest to me concerning the ship can be found on the line's website. But since I am more interested in the ports, I don't bother with ship stuff much. I will hopefully never see CD enuf to be annoyed by him/her.

I do a ton of research on teh ports and I guess leave ship experience to personal exploration.

I'll let obsessive planners do their thing in exchange for them letting me do mine.

I LOVE to see photos of my exact cabin if anyone has them, especially from the view from the balcony.

ummmm.... doesn't the view change every minute? And wouldn't every balcony have the same view of the same water (other than aft..)?

I'm not sure if this is the right thread, but for my inside cabin on Freedom of the seas, is the toilet on the right side of the bathroom or left? Also how many steps is it from the bed? Thanks in advance cuz I heard the inside cabins are very dark. I'm on Deck 9 if it makes a difference.;):D

All time favorite was the lady on the Oasis board who wanted to know if the cord on her water pic would reach from the bedroom to the bathroom. Best reply was a toss up between the response telling her not to try because she would get electrocuted and the very smart lady who told her to get one that ran on batteries. And people wonder why we have so many stupid lawsuits in this country..... :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if this is the right thread, but for my inside cabin on Freedom of the seas, is the toilet on the right side of the bathroom or left? Also how many steps is it from the bed? Thanks in advance cuz I heard the inside cabins are very dark. I'm on Deck 9 if it makes a difference.D

I think you will have to map it out when you first enter the cabin. I think the iphone has GPS. Perhaps a post it note trail or shoes to keep you on the correct path. :D:):D You will be bringing enough shoes, won't you??? LOL :D:D

>>>Clothes..Do I need to dress for Formal Nights? Well, I would suggest dressing. I don't want to see your naked body.<<<

Ha Ha Ha :D

Another one is "What night is Formal Night?" and can you email a menu to ........@....com.

Another one is "What night is Formal Night?" and can you email a menu to ........@....com.

I don't see these as strange questions. Some reasons for wanting to know what night is formal night could be:

-excursion planning. If you have early dining, you may want to get back to the ship a bit earlier to get ready.

-many people who are planning to dine in a specialty restaurant prefer not to do so on a formal night.

Likewise, many people who are booking a specialty restaurant like to go on a night when the dining room menu is their least favorite. If someone hasn't booked their cruise and is a picky eater, they may want to know what the menu is like in advance to help them decide what line to book. One of my friends (who has never cruised) is an extremely picky eater. When I showed her a copy of an RCCL menu she rolled her nose up at most of the choices.

I don't see these as strange questions. Some reasons for wanting to know what night is formal night could be:

-excursion planning. If you have early dining, you may want to get back to the ship a bit earlier to get ready.

-many people who are planning to dine in a specialty restaurant prefer not to do so on a formal night.

Likewise, many people who are booking a specialty restaurant like to go on a night when the dining room menu is their least favorite. If someone hasn't booked their cruise and is a picky eater, they may want to know what the menu is like in advance to help them decide what line to book. One of my friends (who has never cruised) is an extremely picky eater. When I showed her a copy of an RCCL menu she rolled her nose up at most of the choices.

I'm really a picky eater...and I dislike most of the food. But seeing a menu in advance isn't going to change that. I don't even order much of anything. By about night 12, the waiter was so frustrated, he asked (really) what he could bring me. I asked for a grilled cheese sandwich...and by gosh he brought me one. Outstanding service! :)

I LOVE to see photos of my exact cabin if anyone has them, especially from the view from the balcony.

ummmm.... doesn't the view change every minute? And wouldn't every balcony have the same view of the same water (other than aft..)?

Naw, cabins have different views, especially if on, or just beside the humps. I'm more interested in how open, or blocked my view is due to the hump.

I don't mind the 'what's the weather like in February' or 'where's the bathroom' questions as much as someone who posts a question and then never comes back to acknowledge the responses or won't even give clarification when asked.

There are so many wonderful people on CC willing to help (even with some questionably silly questions), and it's simple courtesy to at least say thanks.

>>>Clothes..Do I need to dress for Formal Nights? Well, I would suggest dressing. I don't want to see your naked body.<<<

Ha Ha Ha :D

:-)

I don't mind the 'what's the weather like in February' or 'where's the bathroom' questions as much as someone who posts a question and then never comes back to acknowledge the responses or won't even give clarification when asked.

There are so many wonderful people on CC willing to help (even with some questionably silly questions), and it's simple courtesy to at least say thanks.

Yes that bothers me as well. Alot of times its a newbie. And yes your absolutely right on the many wonderful people here on CC who are very helpful.

I admit that I've wondered about the cerebral function of someone who posts "What color nail polish should I wear on a cruise" type questions.

Duh.. does it really matter? Why would you need to ask strangers such a thing? Are you so insecure in your color choice or do you think there is some unwritten rule about nail polish.....?

Maybe the craziest question I think would be:

Does anyone know how to use the search function?

Seems like it's not used, along with the post on page 9 of a thread asking about towel sizes that would read: Sorry, I haven't read the other posts, but what is the size of the towels?

If you want to read some really stupid HAVE TO KNOW ABOUT THIS ASAP (then respond, THANKS! We leave in 2014) questions, go to Disboards.com. It's all about Disney, and set up like this place. Just as many experts and novices, just as many experiences. Nice board, but like this one, there's all kinds on there.

I think the question "where should I go on my first cruise" is one of the ones I think is funny. Even more than "which ship should I go on".

Every time I read a topic titled "What ship.." or "What cabin..." instead of "Which..." it is like nails on a chalk board to me! Thank you for using "which" in your above example.

As for the question at hand- unless they give more information (discriminators) how does anyone know which ship they should take?! If they asked "Which ship is easiest for handicapped to cruise on?" or "Which destinations have the best shopping for perfume?" type questions, they'd be a lot easier to answer.

Yes that bothers me as well. Alot of times its a newbie. And yes your absolutely right on the many wonderful people here on CC who are very helpful.

:)

And while we're on the topic...I do find it mildly amusing when someone asks "can I bring my hammock", and a slew of responses are in the form of:

- "I think you are cheap for thinking about bringing your own sleeping apparatus"

- "You should be ashamed of yourself for smuggling a hammock onboard. RCI gives you beds to sleep on. You should follow rules."

- "I only use my hammock on the balcony with friends before dinner, and always sleep in my bed at night"

Archived