OFFICIAL - MOANA MALIHINIS - 15 day Carnival Spirit - Hawaii - April 13, 2012

Luckysll

I have been doing some research on the ports today and all I can say is "WOW". How do you pick what to do with so many options :eek:

This is going to be a great trip and thank goodness we have 4 sea days before we get to Hawaii. We need to be well rested before these 5 ports :D

I have been doing some research on the ports today and all I can say is "WOW". How do you pick what to do with so many options :eek:

This is going to be a great trip and thank goodness we have 4 sea days before we get to Hawaii. We need to be well rested before these 5 ports :D

DH and I were checking them out yestarday to see waht was around the port and to see what to do.

If you forgert something it looks like Wal Mart has a shuttle to take you to there store to get what you need.

We will mostly go out 2 days before to see family in San Diego.

I really hope Margie and I can go out a couple days early too. I haven't been to SD since I was about 14 so I'm much more interested this time :D

What I like about this cruise is that, with the other cruises to Hawaii that Spirit does (Ensenada/Hawaii; Hawaii/Vancouver and vice versa), there's always the discussion of which is better: the five sea days before the Islands or after. This cruise gives us the best of both with sea days before AND after. :D

My brother and SIL, who unfortunately, won't be coming on this cruise, have been to Hawaii may times (they got married there), so I have a great resource for what to see and do.

Hi just wondering where in Az. you are located?

I lived in Phoenix for quite a long time and moved to Mn. Went from extreme heat to extreme cold - not sure which is worse!!

I was born and rised in west Phoenix. I moved to east valley about 20

years ago and now I am in Chandler..

Where were you in Phoenix?? How long have you been in Mn :eek:

I'm hoping to book cabin 4168, which I had on the Pride and have booked for the Miracle B2B. It's a great location and is an 8B category.

Sandy--so you like deck 4? Have never been on this type of ship--are the life boats in the way at all on deck 4? Is it a smooth ride? Just trying to get the best deal for a good balcony cabin! Chances are I will go ahead and book this cruise with my TA. Thanks, Carla

Does anyone know if i can apply a FCC onto a group booking? I'm going to be on the Glory in September and was thinking of purchasing one to have applied to this cruise. any help would be appreciated:confused:

You should be able to with no problem.

I know the rules say you can use the FCC with a group cruise... but has anybody had problems getting one applied to an existing future booking?

Sandy--so you like deck 4? Have never been on this type of ship--are the life boats in the way at all on deck 4? Is it a smooth ride? Just trying to get the best deal for a good balcony cabin! Chances are I will go ahead and book this cruise with my TA. Thanks, Carla

I've been on decks 4, 5, 6 and 7 on various cruises on Spirit class ships. I prefer being mid ship just because I have some problems with walking and don't like being too far from any one point.

Decks 4 and 5 are the only decks where you might have problems with lifeboats obstructing your view, but if you avoid categories 4K (deck 4) and 7A (deck 5), you won't have a problem. I've been in cabin 5233, which was between two lifeboats and I was able to look down at the water, so there are some "obstructed" cabins that aren't too bad.

The group's TA can book cabins anywhere on the ship, not just the guaranteed categories, so please check with her on what she has available.

Thanks for volunteering for the cabin/poker crawl. I'll put your name on the list, although we won't have to organize it for awhile.

Of course, anyone will be able to buy a t-shirt.

We don't have a private cocktail party as one of the amenities, so if we decide to hold one, anyone can pay and join. The meet and greet is usually held in a public area, but if I contact John Heald (through his blog), that we can arrange with the CD for a private area, no charge but possibly with a cash bar set up.

Sandy - Thanks for letting us join you guys ....... sucks we can't do the Maniacs II, but this is great too .......... maybe Maniacs III ???

Sandy - Thanks for letting us join you guys ....... sucks we can't do the Maniacs II, but this is great too .......... maybe Maniacs III ???

For Maniacs III we'd talked about doing a Mediterranean cruise in 2012 on the new Breeze if it started with Med cruises, but now this cruise has come up and unless we do something later in 2012, it may be 2013 before we get another reunion cruise.

I've cruised before with Pee-ah (Pia and her Mom). You and I were with Pinkbugs471 (Marci and George) on the Pride, and Cruisingcouple2002 (Amy and Austin) and Got cruises (Beth and Dan) are doing this cruise and are on the second week of the B2B with me, and I've had a couple of emails from other (Pana)Maniacs who are interested, so it's turning into a "Yours, Mine and Ours" kind of group for me. :D

That's what's so great about Cruise Critic.....all the wonderful people you meet and become friends with.

Sandy - Think about you lots, this local restuarant we go to has collections on Salt & Pepper Shakers in their boutique area and we saw lots and lots and thought about you while site-seeing and shopping in Solvang last weekend. Problem is don't know what you have so we just look and go "hummmm wonder if Sandy has these?" ............ hehehehe

DH and I were checking them out yestarday to see waht was around the port and to see what to do.

If you forgert something it looks like Wal Mart has a shuttle to take you to there store to get what you need.

Where are you looking to see what to do when in port? Are you just looking at the Hawaii Port of Call section here on CC or on the Carnival website?:) I haven't really looked yet, but I surely will.

I was born and rised in west Phoenix. I moved to east valley about 20

years ago and now I am in Chandler..

Where were you in Phoenix?? How long have you been in Mn :eek:

I first moved to Phoenix in 1975. My (late) husband and I had a home out by 35th Ave. and Bell Rd. (He was a police officer in Phoenix and lost his life while on duty). I moved around a couple of times but kept coming back there to Arizona a few times throughout the years. Years later I met my current husband who is from Minnesota and decided to try his "turf" for awhile. Been here for about 10 years. 2 of my children (and 1 grandchild) live close by us so I'm thinking we will probably be here for awhile.

Sandy - Think about you lots, this local restuarant we go to has collections on Salt & Pepper Shakers in their boutique area and we saw lots and lots and thought about you while site-seeing and shopping in Solvang last weekend. Problem is don't know what you have so we just look and go "hummmm wonder if Sandy has these?" ............ hehehehe

And I have my Queen Mary salt and pepper shakers proudly displayed. :D

Other sets - you name them, I've probably got them. I inherited about 450 sets from my Grandmother back in 1969. She collected them from 1946 to 1968 and there are some very interesting sets. I don't have room for all of them, but the ones I really like are out on display.

Good Monday morning, Malihinis.

Well, I've got a phone call in to Johna so now it's more waiting. :D I've also sent her an email, but with the 3 hour time difference and me working for the next 3 weeks, I hope it doesn't take too long to connect with her. Johna is pretty good about getting back to people, but I imagine she'll be busy with all the calls about this cruise (and she does handle all the group cruises for Cruise Critic), so please be patient (or as patient as you can be :D) and give her a couple of days to get back to you.

Let me know as soon as you are booked.

It's not a matter of if I am going to book... but when to book. I cruise again in October and am going to get a FCC then. I want to make sure I can use it for this sailing... the additional $200 OBC would be great!

This is something Johna should know, so when I hear from her, I'll ask and let you know.

Johna is one tough gal to get hold of this morning! I've been calling her number every 15 minutes since 8am this morning and still can't get hold of her! Guess I have to just keep trying.

:cool:Bill

I e-mailed her and asked her to call me when she had time, and gave her a time when I could be reached in the morning before I go to work. When I get off she will be off as well. Do you think she will call, or will I just have to call her first thing, and just keep trying?

Thanx,

I e-mailed her and asked her to call me when she had time, and gave her a time when I could be reached in the morning before I go to work. When I get off she will be off as well. Do you think she will call, or will I just have to call her first thing, and just keep trying?

Thanx,

I wish I knew! I guess she's very busy this morning handling the bookings for this cruise. I left a time to call me back before I leave for work too. I'm going to keep trying every 30-minutes before then.

Good luck getting through to her!

Yes, Johna is a very busy lady handling all the CC group cruises. My best suggestion is to call and leave a message when you can be reached or email her with the information about what kind of cabin, etc. you are looking for and give her a chance to get back to you. Give her a day or two and then try again.

Normally, she's very quick getting back to me, but if there are a couple of group cruises starting up, it will mean a lot of incoming calls for her.

Johna just returned my call and we are BOOKED! Now we just have to start counting the days, making plans for meeting all of you here and enjoying a fabulous cruise to HAWAII!!!

WOO HOO!! There you go.....our first "Official" Official group cruise booking!

Archived