How early will I have to rise on sea day for pool chair in the shade?

tripkat

Hi....Aug 15th Western Carib on the Solstice.

DH and I have decided to stay on the ship for one of the Mexican ports and I am hoping we don't have to get up too early...it being our vacation and all. I'd love to be able to get pool side in the shade with a good book and a cold drink by around 9:30 or 10:00....am I dreaming? :confused:

The choice chairs will be gone, but there will be others available. Then again it depends on the cruise. On a shorter cruise with a younger clientel, who tend to sleep in a little longer. you might be able to snag a choice chair or two.

Rollie

On the same deck as the pool AND poolside while in port--- depends on how many people plan to do the same thing as you. Our cruise in April on the Solstice provided a chair on port days just about anywhere we wanted to be @ 10 am. And the temps were in the 90s.

One of the best design features of the Solstice class ships are the built in shade towers by the pool. We always found two chairs in the shade or sun on the deck above the pool area on port and at-sea days, no matter what time we went up. We got more breezes up there as well. (Don't tell anyone-- but the Solstice Deck forward was one of the best kept secrets until much later in the cruise. We always found sun or shade there.)

Cheers,

Pam

Just get up around 8am, run up to the pool deck and throw a pair of flip-flops and a book on a couple of 'choice spot' chairs. Head back to your cabin and sleep 'til noon. This always worked for us.....

Just get up around 8am, run up to the pool deck and throw a pair of flip-flops and a book on a couple of 'choice spot' chairs. Head back to your cabin and sleep 'til noon. This always worked for us.....

I truly hope you are joking, or haven't read CC lately.

It appears krewzin is oozin' for a bruisin'! LOL!

I truly hope you are joking, or haven't read CC lately.

I come from a long line of cruisers, and this was taught to me by my mothers mother (she is a broad what has class), as this is how they saved chairs on the Lusitania (early 1900's). Although, back then they weren't called 'flip-flops.'

Anyway, I'm here to tell ya...it still works.

I come from a long line of cruisers, and this was taught to me by my mothers mother (she is a broad what has class), as this is how they saved chairs on the Lusitania (early 1900's). Although, back then they weren't called 'flip-flops.'

Totally trolling here, dont give in folks. Be bigger than that.

Hi....Aug 15th Western Carib on the Solstice.

DH and I have decided to stay on the ship for one of the Mexican ports and I am hoping we don't have to get up too early...it being our vacation and all. I'd love to be able to get pool side in the shade with a good book and a cold drink by around 9:30 or 10:00....am I dreaming? :confused:

The Solstice has tons of chairs under cover. Many more shaded chair areas than on the M class ships. If you are willing to sit on the second floor, you will have no problems on a port day at 9:30-10:00. You mentioned in your post that it isn't a scheduled sea day (as your heading says) , but actually a port day, right???

If you find chairs, you can also move them wherever you want.

I agree...my mom told me to always use either a dirty towel or some kind of footwear because other people are less inclined to touch them. You can save chairs all day long and go off to share a drink on the one beverage package that you bought, then get dressed in your shorts and head to the MDR!!

I hear you all, and think maybe getting to the pool around 8:30-9:00 a.m might improve my odds.

Also thanks for pointing out that there's a pool deck and a deck above the pool.

I'm not too picky...as long as there's a chair and some shade....it's all good.

Hope you're all having a great day.;)

I would be more concerned about the type of cold drink you are having at 9:30am.. reminds me of college... lol...

:o I realized after I posted how that sounded, but with my college days way behind me, I was thinking along the lines of an iced tea or coffee...lol...thanks for the funny!

Archived