First night dinner with 8:30 embarkation

mominlaw

We leave San Juan at 8:30 on our first night of RC cruise, which is the same time as the dinner we chose. What happens on the first night? Don't want to miss leaving the port!

You can just skip your first night's dinner in the Main Dining Room and grab a bite to eat at the Lido instead.

Jonathan

We leave San Juan at 8:30 on our first night of RC cruise, which is the same time as the dinner we chose. What happens on the first night? Don't want to miss leaving the port!

When we were onboard RC Adventure of the Seas they moved 2nd seating to 9pm for the 1st night and then moved back to 8:30pm for the rest of the week.

We had early lunch when we boarded and then we went to MDR for dinner. They Compass tells you that dinner time is adjusted for the first night. We wanted to eat in the MDR to meet our waiter!!! This is the second cruise where we left the dock at a later time and both times, the dining times were adjusted.

For some reason, "leaving the port" is not a big a deal as it used to be. I remember there used to be partying on the Lido deck. Now, not so much. Usually I look out and realize "We're moving." In other words, don't expect a big celebration on departure. If it still daylight, you'll be able to watch from the dining room.

Our last cruise out of Miami was kind of a big deal. The ship had to cruise all the way down the port and turn around near downtown. 30 minutes later, we were back to where we started, just facing the other way. So that was kind of cool, leaving at night with a view of downtown Miami.

For some reason, "leaving the port" is not a big a deal as it used to be. I remember there used to be partying on the Lido deck. Now, not so much. Usually I look out and realize "We're moving." In other words, don't expect a big celebration on departure. If it still daylight, you'll be able to watch from the dining room.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know how Celebrity handles 8:30 departures? I'll be sailing from San Juan and we leave at 8:30, which is my MDR dinner time. Also, is the sail party really that big a deal if it's probably going to be dark outside when we leave anyway? (Considering I sail the weekend after we change the clocks back haha)

Then you better ask your waiter for dinner to go.

Archived