Princess to partner with Fox:

Colo Cruiser

News Article

8/11/2010

Princess Cruises Passengers to be Among First to View New FOX Television Shows

Ships to Host Preview Viewings of "Lone Star" and Raising Hope" Ahead of Upcoming TV Season

SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (August 11, 2010) -- In an industry first, Princess Cruises and FOX Television have joined together this summer to premiere two of FOX's fall primetime shows across the line's 17-vessel fleet. Throughout August, passengers on Princess ships will be among the first to view the new programs, "Lone Star" and "Raising Hope" -- the only primetime network television shows to premiere at sea prior to their network debut in September.

Passengers can view the pilot episodes of both shows at special screenings on the ships' Movies Under the Stars poolside screens or in the Princess Theater, and can later also watch the shows on their stateroom televisions. Passengers attending the screenings will also receive a FOX tote bag to use throughout their cruise. In addition, two lucky passengers at each screening will have the chance to win a large tote bag full of FOX items.

"These screenings are an exciting first for us, and we're pleased to partner with FOX to host the first TV screening room' at sea," said Jan Swartz, Princess Cruises executive vice president. "No cruise line has ever offered the opportunity to see primetime premieres a month before they're broadcast at home."

"Princess Cruises is one of the most popular travel and leisure brands in the world, so we're thrilled to give their passengers a first look at our new fall shows this summer," said Laurel Bernard, Senior Vice President of Marketing, Fox Broadcasting Company. "Our provocative new drama Lone Star' and the hilarious fun of Raising Hope' offer Princess Cruises vacationers the ultimate TV getaway."

The two shows premiering onboard are:

LONE STAR premieres Monday, Sept. 20 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. The series centers on a charismatic and brilliant schemer -- Robert Allen (newcomer James Wolk) -- who has meticulously constructed two lives in two different parts of Texas. In Houston, he's a devoted husband charming his ultra-wealthy in-laws to cement his position in the rich family business he aims to clean out. More than 400 miles away in the suburban west Texas town of Midland, he lives a second life with his sweet, naïve girlfriend, playing the perfect boyfriend while secretly bilking local investors of their savings.

As he tries to hold his two lives together, while fending off angry investors and the growing suspicions of those around him, Robert puts it all on the line hoping he can beat the odds, leave the schemes behind and keep two separate relationships afloat.

LONE STAR is a production of 20th Century Fox Television, Depth of Field Productions and Keyser/Lippman Productions. The series stars James Wolk, Adrianne Palicki, Eloise Mumford, Bryce Johnson, Mark Deklin, David Keith and Jon Voight, and is written and executive-produced by Kyle Killen. Chris Keyser, Amy Lippman, Kerry Kohansky, Paul Weitz and Peter Horton also serve as executive producers. Marc Webb directed the pilot.

RAISING HOPE premieres Tuesday, Sept. 21 (9:00-9:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. The half-hour comedy follows the Chance family as they find themselves adding an unexpected new member into their household. At 23 years old, Jimmy Chance (Lucas Neff) is going nowhere in life. He skims pools for a living, parties every night and still lives at home with his family.

Jimmy's life takes a drastic turn after a chance romantic encounter with a wanted felon. Months later, Jimmy learns his one-night stand is pregnant with their baby, and after she gives birth, he is charged with raising their daughter. RAISING HOPE is produced by Amigos de Garcia Productions in association with 20th Century Fox Television. The series stars Lucas Neff, Garret Dillahunt, Martha Plimpton and Shannon Woodward, and guest-stars Cloris Leachman. The pilot was written by Greg Garcia and directed by Michael Fresco. Garcia serves as executive producer on the series.

So if we wanna have an opportunity to win any items or get the free bag we just show up at MUTS or do you have to be invited or something? ust wondering. Don't think it says anything about being invited but shoot I could care less about the shows but want a free bag haha.

That's a nice little perk. It reminds me of when Princess showed a new movie prior to its release. I forget what that movie was, but I saw it on a Princess cruise before it was in theatres. These little offerings are always really neat.

So this should be on our August 21 sailing on the CB? Haven't heard anything about in an email, I'd think Princess/Fox would want to promote this more...but what do I know? :p ;)

If it's on on the CB I'll come back with a report, along with all of the other CC'ers!

FOX News has replaced CNN on the QM2. We were on the QM2 in June and were pleasantly surprised to see FOX NEWS and CNBC. Since Cunard is also owned by CCL perhaps this is a change we will see on all the lines. Of course the satellite doesn't work all the time at sea!

Great but I'm happy if the TV works at all on a TA.

They are not broadcasting from a signal. Instead Princess probably has copies of the new shows that they are showing directly on their internal on-board Princess network. Similar to how they show movies in your staterooms.

So this should be on our August 21 sailing on the CB? Haven't heard anything about in an email, I'd think Princess/Fox would want to promote this more...but what do I know? :p ;)

If it's on on the CB I'll come back with a report, along with all of the other CC'ers!

Should be receiving an email soon. I got one. It will be nice to have something other than old movies showing on MUTS. I am not a movie person but I had seen most of the movies shown last week. MUTS was a Big dissappointment.

I, for one, do not care to see TV shows from our country when I travel. I am of the opinion that we are "Amusing Ourselves to Death," to quote Neil Postman. It is a relief not to have the usual goggle box tabloid trash. Sigh . . .

I, for one, do not care to see TV shows from our country when I travel. I am of the opinion that we are "Amusing Ourselves to Death," to quote Neil Postman. It is a relief not to have the usual goggle box tabloid trash. Sigh . . .

Ditto. The only thing we turn on the television for in our cabin is the weather and cruise particulars.

Mike:)

Ditto. The only thing we turn on the television for in our cabin is the weather and cruise particulars.

Mike:)

Ugh the last thing I want to see on a cruise is television programming. And both these shows sound pretty stupid.

There are times when days go by and I don't turn on a TV. At home; same thing. Only GMA in the AM while exercising and maybe more news at dinner time. However, I am not against getting a free bag. So, if this is on when we are on board, we'll attend.

I, for one, would much rather get FOX News consistently than FOX entertainment.

And to show that they couldn't possibly please everyone, I'd rather see MSNBC than Fox News any day of the week... However, in the long run it doesn't matter since I rarely watch the television when I'm cruising.

Archived