New York Is Thatta Way Man!: Another World's Longest Miracle Review

Nicole721

It's good to have you back Nicole!! and i'm very glad you were just busy and the family is doing good!!! Looking forward to your next installment.......

Thanks! Hope you enjoy it :)

Just read the review for the first time, loved it. Great pics and descriptions about everything, felt like I was on the cruise with you, thanks for the great review.

Thank you!

So glad everything is OK with your family.

I hope you post some wedding pics too! I love weddings!

Have a great time!

Thanks! Five days...so excited! She's going on her first cruise (they're cruising on RCCL) on her honeymoon, so telling her all about cruises and such has been SO much fun! I can't wait to hear how she likes it.

Thanks you Nicole,

So happy to see part nine.:D I am loving your review, read the first Miracle review also:) We are sailing on Miracle in February and the anticipation for the trip is half the fun, thanks for helping!

Thank you!

We're currently debating our January/February cruise...half of us want to do the S. Caribbean (on the Miracle...again) and half of us want to go on the Dream. We'll see :P

Nice to see you back, Nicole! I enjoyed the latest chapter.

Heather

Thanks, Heather :)

Nicole, I was getting worried. Glad to hear that the family is all good. It is interesting to read the perspective of someone who was on the same cruise.

Glad you're enjoying it, Debbie!

Nice update Nicole. I have to agree that it was an atrocious day weatherwise. We were on the first tender over (top deck) and the skies opened up. We were committed as we had rented the Oasis.

Our daughter gave up around 1:30. We didn't make it to 3.

This is how bad the weather was and we were the closest point to the ship.

2904468050048107033ZnQNDA_th.jpg

Uggggg. Yeah. Half Moon Cay day was not fun. It was probably the worst weather I've ever had on 10 cruises.

Hi Nicole!

Settling in to read part 10, so excited! Thank-you so much for these reviews. I have been searching for info, and can not find any, about coffee cards. If I understand correctly there is a specialty coffee shop on board, near the theater. Do you know costs of lattes or cappuccinos? Also, do they offer a coffee card where you pre-pay for a number of drinks, which ends of costing less per cup? They had that on princess and it was so awesome.

Diana

Hi Diana!

Thee is a specialty coffee shop on board (two, actually- one on the Lido deck and one by the theater). I don't think they have a coffee card like Princess does (they might have at one point, but I don't seem to remember them having them now...but they could and I just might not be remembering it), but the prices were below Starbucks price.

Sorry for the lack of specifics...I'll be sure to take a picture of the coffee bar menu the next time I'm on a ship!

Yay! I liked the latest installment.

My fiance and I don't really care for Nassau either... we actually booked our next cruise on the ship and line we did just to avoid Nassau! But at least you got off and got cheap internet, those prices on the boat are definitely insane!

Thanks!

I think with Nassau, there's just not a whole lot to offer. There's the Atlantis, but once you've seen that, you've seen it. The shopping isn't as good as it is in, say, St. Thomas. The beaches aren't as good as, say, St. Maarten. And it always rains.

Yay! Thanks for that :)

Nicole, have you considered the 4 night Destiny sailing on January 20 to Key West and Cozumel? We've got a great roll call group for that sailing.

You know, we haven't! We haven't really put much thought into it other than Mom wants to go to St. Lucia and Stephanie wants to go on the Dream and me and grandma want to go to Disney World LOL. But that's the same debate we had last year and we ended up on the Freedom, so we'll definitely look into the Destiny, too!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I have enjoyed reading it all! Thanks for taking the time to do this!

Thanks for sticking with it :)

Yay, Nicole's back!:) Seeing your tea pictures reminds me I didn't make it to tea on my cruise in Aug.:(

Heather

The great thing about tea time is that it's always there, regardless of which cruise you're on (until Carnival decides to cut it, that is LOL).

Thanks, Nicole, for taking the time to post. I really enjoy reading your blog! You give a lot of very useful information.

Thanks! :)

Thank you for the update Nicole. The food always looks so delicious. Have you decided on your Jan trip yet?

Not yet. The January trip got pushed to February (things just got so crazy and busy for all of us!). I think we have it narrowed down to the Dream, the Valor or the Liberty. But really, we have no idea LOL. We're hoping to book in the next few weeks, though, so whatever pops up and catches our attention between then and now is fair game :D

Thanks so much for the wonderful blog Nicole! We'll be sailing on the Miracle for the first time in 385 days! I can't wait! Stay warm in Chicago (I'm in Milwaukee, so I know what I'm talking about!)

Lindsay

Hey Lindsay! I'm freezing my patootie off! We have a lot of snow coming in this week (supposedly), which (hopefully) means I can *finally* finish this blog so I can write about some of the other stuff I've been up to!

Stay warm! :)

Finallyyyyyyy got our last day at sea up. I meant to have this up a week and a half ago, but my writing time kept getting interrupted and I had to write a little each day. Anyways, it's way past time for this review to end and it should this week. Thanks to everyone who has read it and stuck with it and I hope that it's helped someone somewhere along the way! I write primarily so we have our journies chronicled, but it's so wonderful that people find it helpful and can get something out of it.

http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2010/12/new-york-is-thatta-way-man-just-another.html

Hi Nicole, enjoying your continued review. Thank-you!

We generally don't watch much TV while we cruise but Survivor will premier while we are sailing in February. I know the stations are from Denver but wondering a few details. Do they air CBS? Also, we are in NJ and watch Survivor at 8:00 pm, which translates to 10:00pm MTN time, right? Therefore we should tune in at 10;00? Any insight you or anyone reading might give would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Diana

• 3 weeks later...

We generally don't watch much TV while we cruise but Survivor will premier while we are sailing in February. I know the stations are from Denver but wondering a few details. Do they air CBS? Also, we are in NJ and watch Survivor at 8:00 pm, which translates to 10:00pm MTN time, right? Therefore we should tune in at 10;00? Any insight you or anyone reading might give would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Diana

Hi Diana,

I don't think they have CBS, but I honestly don't remember. I just remember NBC, ABC and FOX. They might. And yes, you would tune in at 10:00pm ship time, I believe :)

Thanks for taking us on your cruises with you, Nicole. I love all the blogs--from the planning to the pre-cruise experiences to the cruise itself. I hope you take us with you on your next cruise!

Awww thanks! I'll try! Things have been increasingly busy in my life, but I really do love writing these :)

Thanks, Nicole. We sail the Miracle three weeks from tomorrow. I really enjoyed reading your review. I think I'll reread it now that we are that much closer to going. We're doing the Saint itinerary out of Fort Lauderdale. I'm sure we'll have as great a time as you did. Thanks for including us on your adventure. WHere to next and on what ship. Maybe you posted that and I've just forgotten. Have fun wherever you go.

Thanks,

Diana

Hi Diana:

As a fellow Survivor watcher, you will be able to see the show on the Miracle. We watched Survivor on CBS on the Miracle last May. The times were weird though and I think the show started at 9:00 pm on the ship. Have a great cruise!

Hi Nicole:

LOVED your blog and have referred fellow CC friends to read it. I'm hoping you choose the Liberty for your next cruise for a very selfish reason. I hope to cruise the Liberty next year and would be so well-prepared after reading your blog! Good luck whatever you decide--any cruise is a great cruise!

Karen

We are going on the Miracle in May. What was the weather like when you traveled?

I was on the same sailing as Nicole. The first and last days at sea were a bit chilly (I recommend bringing a warmer outfit for those days). The rest were warm except when we were stuck in the rain at HMC.

Archived